New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Hi guys, newbie in the forums.

Tanong ku lang kung anu disadvantage ng 2nd hand Chrysler 300? High maintenance ba ito? Matakaw sa gas? Sobrang mahal parts / service etc?

May mga alam kase aku ibinibenta mga Chrysler 300 nila ng less than a million, 5-6 yrs old pa lang naman...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    sakit sa ulo yan bro. pretty much yes on all your questions, not to mention dami pa blind spots nan. looks good on the outside but inside nothing really special plus the build quality isn't great.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by loidexe View Post
    Hi guys, newbie in the forums.

Tanong ku lang kung anu disadvantage ng 2nd hand Chrysler 300? High maintenance ba ito? Matakaw sa gas? Sobrang mahal parts / service etc?

May mga alam kase aku ibinibenta mga Chrysler 300 nila ng less than a million, 5-6 yrs old pa lang naman...

You are just going to buy someone else's headache. Limited parts availability and if you can find them, it will be expensive.

The car itself is not the best of value to start with. The interior is a silver/grey-plastic-fantastic-wonderland that would look more at home in a children's playhouse... with an aircon system that blows semi-cool at the best of times. The only good thing about it is the gangster looks.

And yes, it will guzzle fuel faster than Senator Sotto can plagiarize his next speech.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    I have an 08 300c. I did not get the Hemi version because I read na maraming problems sa engine block nya. So far, no issues on the engine and aircon. For a big car, the handling is decent. I also have an e38 and an s600 which are about as long, but my 300c is my semi daily driver (twice a week). Don't expect good fuel economy. Buying it and expecting it to be fuel frugal is like banging your head on the wall. 10km/lit ON THE HIGHWAY - cruising speed of 100kmh. City driving will be about 3.5 to 4km/lit (still better than the e38's 2km/lit or the s600's 1.5km/lit).

Parts are pretty expensive, but cheaper than the European cars. The biggest issue I have with the car is the suspension. My 9 year old car has less than 50k on it pero twice ko nang pinalitan ang ball joints. Hindi hiyang yung sasakyan sa dami ng potholes sa kalsada natin. Driving pleasure ok naman. It's so quiet on the highway hindi mo mapapansin naka 140 ka na. Never buy one with low profile tires.

The next big issue I have is the cheap plastics. I have replaced the door handles on all four doors (blame it on cheap plastic) - they're about 6500 each. There is also an issue on the shifter. Darn thing gets stuck for no reason. Watch youtube to learn how to get it unstuck. You need a flat screwdriver for this so I always have one on my glove box.

Because of it's long wheelbase, sumasayad sya when you drive it up ramps that exceed 16% (I checked because it's my job to)

Other than that, it's a pretty fun ride. Oh, and I love it's road presence.