New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2011
    Hi guys. Am considering buying second-hand T&C, model year 2010 with less than 5,000 kms. I need a family minivan mainly for weekend stops to mall and occasionally for out-of-town trips. It has all the bells and whistles (Limited gas version) and appears to be well-maintained and in great condition. Seller's price around P1.6 mil. My question is, will I regret this purchase later on, especially in terms of cost/availability of parts and maintenance, not to mention depreciation costs? Or would I be much better off getting brand-new, but somewhat "boring" (sorry) alternative, e.g. Fortuner, Montero or Kia Carnival? Thanks in advance for any comments or inputs!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by sixlove60 View Post
    Hi guys. Am considering buying second-hand T&C, model year 2010 with less than 5,000 kms. I need a family minivan mainly for weekend stops to mall and occasionally for out-of-town trips. It has all the bells and whistles (Limited gas version) and appears to be well-maintained and in great condition. Seller's price around P1.6 mil. My question is, will I regret this purchase later on, especially in terms of cost/availability of parts and maintenance, not to mention depreciation costs? Or would I be much better off getting brand-new, but somewhat "boring" (sorry) alternative, e.g. Fortuner, Montero or Kia Carnival? Thanks in advance for any comments or inputs!
    Personally, yes you will live to regret your decision to buy a MPV that will cost you an arm and leg for spare parts that would probably require you to wait a few weeks to become available.

3. Join Date
    May 2011
    Heard same thing from a couple of other people but didn't know for sure if there was any truth it. Anyway, thanks G.H. Appreciate your thoughts...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Family friend bought a second hand T&C. Regretted it later on. But indeed it was a more "techy" vehicle than of hi-aces etc.

I think you're far better off with the Carnival or GS

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For 1.6M, get a brand new GS. It's way roomier than a T&C.
    Signature

6. Join Date
    May 2011
    Thanks renzo, boybi, for the comments. Never really considered the Starex but i suppose now's a good time as any...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Don't you want to consider the Carnival SWB ? About the same length as the Carnival and has lots of toys to boot, too.

8. Join Date
    May 2011
    The wifey isn't too crazy about Korean cars. The thing is, she's gonna have to drive the darn thing too once in a while. Although the Carnival may seem like a logical alternative, I heard that this particular model will undergo a complete re-design next year. If true, then it may not be such a hot idea to buy a van that's going to look "outdated" in a year or two.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sixlove60 View Post

Hi Bro, quick question. Were you able to view the van? I tried to view it but the owner kept blowing me off and finally told me that it was sold already, parang scam, but when I spoke with the owner, he sounded half way decent naman. Just wanted to know just for my satisfaction whether this was a legitimate seller

2010 Chrysler Town and Country: Any Regrets Later??