New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Saw a MG showroom just a small showroom just right across Toyota Abad Santos.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    there's also a room at the street level of SM dept store in molopisya, facing SMX, where MG shows a couple of their cars...
    haven't generated enough self-interest to enter and peruse, even as it's in my walking route...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    there's also a room at the street level of SM dept store in molopisya, facing SMX, where MG shows a couple of their cars...
    haven't generated enough self-interest to enter and peruse, even as it's in my walking route...
    Diba Chery yan Doc? Or may MG din sa paligid?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Diba Chery yan Doc? Or may MG din sa paligid?
    pareho yata silang nandoon.
    nakaka confuse, kasi naman ay pare-pareho na ang visual gimmickry nila to attract attention...

what i am sure of na nandoon, is the dry cleaning facility... because i am a regular costumer.
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; April 3rd, 2024 at 02:38 PM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    Casa should be the one to look for reliable 3rd party aircon repair/maintenance shop and have it fix.
    agree. usually aircon is outsourced (ex. Sanden, Denso, Calsonic, etc.) so walang resident aircon expert sa casa. pero dapat either they bring the unit to the supplier or schedule a mechanic to come to the casa lalo kung covered pa ng warranty. but maybe the aircon brand is chinese na walang local distributor/service center kaya nga nga sila.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by coiter View Post
    but maybe the aircon brand is chinese na walang local distributor/service center kaya nga nga sila.
    baka nga ganito.
    local aircon folks probably refused to even take a look, lest they cause more damage to the car.

but i wonder,
    what about the aircon people of the other chinese cars' aircons?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I remember a YT video posted by a local tuner. He used his MG HS to trailer his car to the track. He tapped the trailer lights to the car's lights. The fuse blew as expected so they consulted the manual provided (in a nice case) to check for the box diagrams. The fuse diagrams did not match the boxes in the car. Worse the boxes didn't have diagrams printed on their covers. He was finally able to fix it by downloading the Euro version of the user's manual.

Given this it's also possible that what the mechanics were trained for is not what they're actually trying to fix.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    agree. usually aircon is outsourced (ex. Sanden, Denso, Calsonic, etc.) so walang resident aircon expert sa casa. pero dapat either they bring the unit to the supplier or schedule a mechanic to come to the casa lalo kung covered pa ng warranty. but maybe the aircon brand is chinese na walang local distributor/service center kaya nga nga sila.
    Is chinese aircon different from local or other aircon brands? isn't it that it is just basic evaporator, compressor, expansion valve etc.... technology not unless it is inverter type or the electronic board is defective.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    unless it is inverter type or the electronic board is defective.
    that's probably precisely it.
    "don't know."

when i am asked about human anatomy, i usually oblige.
    when asked about cat anatomy, i simply say no.
    they may be similar, but...
    best to avoid... potential errors.

years ago, there was this story in an auto magazine,
    a honda owner upgraded his brand new car's busina, into a louder one.
    the car stranded him.
    upon investigation, it was determined that for some reason, the busina's power was coming from the same wire that also powered the AT's electronics or something similar.
    the higher ampere-requiring busina blew the fuse, thus deadening both busina and AT.

also,
    tinkering with my car's cigarette lighter, i accidentally caused a short and blew the fuse.
    interestingly, i also lost my car radio and power window (or power lock?).
    fortunately, the howner's manual pointed out precisely what fuse blew, and how to access for replacement (contortingly difficult!).
    Last edited by dr. d; April 3rd, 2024 at 06:05 PM.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    it's likely sanden (unless they are multiple supliers for a single vehcicle) although it may be a china specific compressor model(cant find info on the SEBX13D model designation).
    221 MG ZS 1.5 Petrol 15S4C. Air Con Pump/Compressor 178655 1K | eBay

Vehichles that have Heavily integrated ACs would probably need Casa support/Documentation like those with fancy cooling modes/compressors

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12