New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    Btw Elgrand is a Nissan minivan like the Toyota Alphard.

Ang layo ng itsura ng Geely Emgrand (sedan) sa Nissan Elgrand (minivan).

Kags is just confused with the model names though. Magkatunog kasi...

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    On another note of that comment, I wonder if Nissan PH will consider bringing the Elgrand into PH Market? Toyota isn't exactly cancelling the Alphard (yet) here in our market even with the POGO pullouts the past 2 years. I wonder though if the Alphard is hanging by a thread because they could always just bring in and keep the Alphard via the Lexus twin to cater to the more "affluent" PH clientelle?

Odyssey was axed though and wasn't able to compete with the Alphard so that's a thing to be wary of from Nissan PH.

--

Back to the Emgrand, still not a fan. Exterior wise, it is good. Engine + CVT is nothing to be excited about. Those interior colors on the seats, I do not like at all and that (to me) it is borderline gaudy instead of elegant/stylish.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    On another note of that comment, I wonder if Nissan PH will consider bringing the Elgrand into PH Market? Toyota isn't exactly cancelling the Alphard (yet) here in our market even with the POGO pullouts the past 2 years. I wonder though if the Alphard is hanging by a thread because they could always just bring in and keep the Alphard via the Lexus twin to cater to the more "affluent" PH clientelle?

Odyssey was axed though and wasn't able to compete with the Alphard so that's a thing to be wary of from Nissan PH.

--

Back to the Emgrand, still not a fan. Exterior wise, it is good. Engine + CVT is nothing to be excited about. Those interior colors on the seats, I do not like at all and that (to me) it is borderline gaudy instead of elegant/stylish.
    Only if Nissan PH requests the Elgrand to Japan factory to be made for PHDM LHD. Like TMP did with the Alphard. Theres still a room for JDM-style minivan here.

--

To the Emgrand sedan, also not fan of its looks too. It also deserves a turbo to its 1.5L engine.

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    lol naging Elgrand thread.

VQ35DE is a solid engine, but reputation of the Xtronic CVT is iffy and was subject of a lawsuit that Nissan settled: Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX6 Transmission Lawsuit Almost Settled | CarComplaints.com

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456