New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    sa harap ko kanina eh coolray white color. Ito na pinakamatagal ko nakita kasi stoplight more than 2minutes stop nasa 130 something yung timer.

Ganda talaga ng rearlights. Tapos pag umaapak sa brake talaga nakakasilaw ah. TAlagang pinagisipan ito hindi lang dekorasyon. Kung baga may silbi.

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    2021 GEELY OKAVANGO URBAN first look -Geely's 7 seater crossover is finally here - YouTube

Meron na pala sila sa showroom and pricing na official based dito sa video.

Design wise, on the front, the grille doesn't look like the cosmos grille. I think that's the grille they use one Protons if I'm not mistaken?

It is not as striking as the Azkarra or Coolray but it is the more practical compared to the Azkarra since the powertrain is essentially the same for the mild hybrid and 1.5L Turbo.

Wonder how it is fully laden? Di naman siguru dadapa agad yung rear suspension nito.

Not a fan of the design they did for the dash with the "square" ac vents plus the aluminum accent trium, seemed off to me. But like what they did on the center console with the shifter. A little more basic compared to the Coolray's cockpit concept but nice and clean yung design.

It is also nice to see the 2nd row with the 33:33:33 split seating showing it is wide enough for 3 passengers by providing them with their dedicated seat.

Kawawa lang third row, wala talaga AC na abot sa kanila from what I understand sa configuration seen sa video, unless you drop the middle seat para umabot sa likod yung buga ng AC.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    a colleague asked my opinion regarding these new models from china.

my comment was, "the price is tempting, and they seem to be laden with goodies. but as they are new to the local market, i do not know how matibay they are or how good aftersales-service is, in the long run."

my colleague is the proverbial car noobie.

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    a colleague asked my opinion regarding these new models from china.

my comment was, "the price is tempting, and they seem to be laden with goodies. but as they are new to the local market, i do not know how matibay they are or how good aftersales-service is, in the long run."

my colleague is the proverbial car noobie.
    Yep. I'm of the same mind of wait and see.

I think MG is having after sales issues na since they came in earlier and have sold more cars in total with service parts not being available. Though, not sure if this is due to them being handled by TCCCI and them just doing this as 'standard practice" of how they do inventory management for parts of what they are selling.

Though, itong Okavango, one of the things that I liked to hear, no Sunroof. hehe! I honestly don't want it in our cars so this was actually a "feature" for me since these China brands like to push sunroofs starting from their middle trims to TOTL. hehe!

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    ...the covenant is poor at keeping covenants...
    heh heh.

how can they entice new costumers to their cars, if they can't provide the replacement parts that other established brands have no problems providing?
    eh, yung ibang brand nga, kahit sa shoemart may piyeza...
    Last edited by dr. d; October 18th, 2020 at 08:40 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    How much will Geely PH sell the new Okavango 7-seater SUV? | Visor

What the press statement didn’t mention—but which we got from somewhere else—is the pricing (including the introductory offers). So, here they are:

• 1.5 Comfort – P1,208,000
    • 1.5 Urban – P1,328,000

The good news is that—if you reserve a unit until November 19—you get substantial cash discounts on both variants (P80,000 for the Comfort and P90,000 for the Urban):

• 1.5 Comfort – P1,128,000
    • 1.5 Urban – P1,238,000

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Kawawa lang third row, wala talaga AC na abot sa kanila from what I understand sa configuration seen sa video, unless you drop the middle seat para umabot sa likod yung buga ng AC.
    Based on experience, ok naman sa 3rd row nung mga modern cars na sa harap lang A/C.

Although NOT recommended if naka-park ka sa ilalim ng araw tapos 10 mins lang byahe mo

Though, itong Okavango, one of the things that I liked to hear, no Sunroof. hehe! I honestly don't want it in our cars so this was actually a "feature" for me since these China brands like to push sunroofs starting from their middle trims to TOTL. hehe!
    May napanood akong interview ng isang Chinese car exec (from an Indian site). Mahilig daw mag-yosi while driving ang Chinese kaya malaking bagay yung sunroof.

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    ...the covenant is poor at keeping covenants...
    heh heh.

how can they entice new costumers to their cars, if they can't provide the replacement parts that other established brands have no problems providing?
    eh, yung ibang brand nga, kahit sa shoemart may piyeza...
    Duda talaga ako sa TCCCI.

Kaya of all Chinese cars, yung Maxus lang naiisip kong pwede iconsider.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2016

Based on the local youtube video I saw in the Geely showroom, there are 2 3rd row AC vents located along the small window on that row (on the small pic below, it is on the right, circled in red)

3rd-row-vent-right-.jpg

By the way, I am still unable to find what's the actual warranty of the mild hybrid batteries for Geely Philippines?

9. Join Date
    May 2016
    2021 GEELY OKAVANGO URBAN first look -Geely's 7 seater crossover is finally here - YouTube

It is also nice to see the 2nd row with the 33:33:33 split seating showing it is wide enough for 3 passengers by providing them with their dedicated seat.

May third row AC vents by the window sa third row. Between the C and D pillar. Di rin issue cooling dahil walang sunroof which is a good thing imo. Di talaga ako fan ng sunroof, pero pwede na rin kung front lang para may headliner insulation unlike the panoramic na cloth lang.

I'm more concerned sa 1.5 turbo, DCT, then 48V mild hybrid. High tech, tapos untested pa sa conditions natin. Let's see in 3 to 5 years if walang major issues. Impressive talaga dahil sa luwag and ganda ng interior compared to the Japs. Yung three individual seats sa 2nd row, Euro inspired, ala Peugeot.

Either way, consumers win dahil kung bumenta ito, japs will be forced to compete specs or price-wise. Then we'll finally see global-spec models, hindi yung stripped down Pinoy spec.

Expect the starting families to seriously consider this, those in the market for the Xpander Rush etc.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    This new Geely looks much better than the Ertiga or Rush or Xpander or BRV. Parang lost brother ng Forester.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geely Cars