New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Barring the specs, and just considering that it is actually a hybrid. The starting price of the 4x2 places it below the cost of the Altis Hybrid or the Ioniq Hybrid. With the 100k discount, it then places the 4x2 base close to the price of the TOTL Coolray.

But 100k. That was also the discount they offered on the first to second month after they launched the coolray for the TOTL trim.

Wonder if the "plan" of the distributor is just to move inventory and remove their upfront profit?

I didn't manage to know whether you'd be force into the inhouse financing to get the 100k discount. Just curious if there are "other" catches.
    One of my senior staff who got the Coolray last January got the 90k discount on the TOTL model even if it was thru bank PO.

For the Azkarra, it beat the Forester e-boxer to the local market as the first hybrid crossover. The Azkarra will have a combined output of 190hp/300Nm from its 1.5L 3-cylinder turbo engine and electric motor.

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    One of my senior staff who got the Coolray last January got the 90k discount on the TOTL model even if it was thru bank PO.

For the Azkarra, it beat the Forester e-boxer to the local market as the first hybrid crossover. The Azkarra will have a combined output of 190hp/300Nm from its 1.5L 3-cylinder turbo engine and electric motor.
    Geely PH adds 2nd SUV to product line, the compact Azkarra | VISOR PH

Oh, I misunderstood it. I thought both Azkarra trims were Hybrid. I stand corrected. The 4x2 is a non-hybrid. Only the 4x4 is the MHEV.

From the Visor Article.

"The interestingly named Azkarra comes in two variants: Premium 4×2 and Luxury 4×4. While they share the same 1.5-liter turbo gasoline engine found under the hood of the Coolray, the Luxury version gets some eco-friendly boost with what Geely calls the 48V Electric Motor Synergy system. The addition of the electric motor turns the Azkarra Luxury into a mild-hybrid vehicle.

The output figure for the Azkarra Premium is a respectable 175hp, while the Azkarra Luxury’s hybrid powertrain bumps that number up to 190hp. Geely Philippines’ newest model also promises that passengers will be treated to a more comfortable ride thanks to a more spacious cabin."

3. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    magkano kaya ang repair nito sa battery and warranty ng battery ang alam ko sa toyota altis hybrid 300K 10 year warranty

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Yap View Post
    magkano kaya ang repair nito sa battery and warranty ng battery ang alam ko sa toyota altis hybrid 300K 10 year warranty
    For the MHEV system there is no mention of the battery capacity. it's not like the PHEV version where it's got a big 11-15kwh battery.

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Yap View Post
    That Altis Warranty is not applicable here. I think those are US warranties.

Below is the article from Autoindustriya

https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-...-warranty.html

"For the peace of mind for those interested in purchasing the Corolla Altis Hybrid, the automaker is offering a whopping 200,000 kilometer (or 5-years, whichever comes first) warranty for the battery packs. That’s according to Jeff Matsuo, Vice President of Technical, Toyota Motor Philippines."

So, the answer is 5 years or 200k kms. It is the lowest Toyota Hybrid Warranty I've seen from my research. Australia at least offers extended warranty of 8 years.

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    For the MHEV system there is no mention of the battery capacity. it's not like the PHEV version where it's got a big 11-15kwh battery.
    Yeah, no mention of battery pack size at all.

And since it is a 4x4 only MHEV system, the additional 20+hp is coming from the 48v? electric motor (if just comparing the 4x2 to 4x4 figure)? I wonder why there was also no mention of torque difference between the non MHEV unit.

On another note, Geely PH's website still only lists the Coolray as their only model. The Azkarra details aren't on the website yet except for 1 banner that you can't click to jump to the Azkarra's dedicated page.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Yeah, no mention of battery pack size at all.

And since it is a 4x4 only MHEV system, the additional 20+hp is coming from the 48v? electric motor (if just comparing the 4x2 to 4x4 figure)? I wonder why there was also no mention of torque difference between the non MHEV unit.

On another note, Geely PH's website still only lists the Coolray as their only model. The Azkarra details aren't on the website yet except for 1 banner that you can't click to jump to the Azkarra's dedicated page.
    I think it uses a super capacitor bank. Which lasts forever...

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    I think it uses a super capacitor bank. Which lasts forever...
    Oh, so capacitors similar to i-stop of Mazda, but I guess larger capacity.

Well, hope they can release more info over time rather than keep it "secret". Press isn't doing a good job as most keep mentioning the Azkarra with 190hp and "above" 300Nm of torque.

Only Visor managed to mention the 4x2 as a non hybrid model and that it has about 175hp. But no mention of the torque if without the electric motor.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Oh, so capacitors similar to i-stop of Mazda, but I guess larger capacity.

Well, hope they can release more info over time rather than keep it "secret". Press isn't doing a good job as most keep mentioning the Azkarra with 190hp and "above" 300Nm of torque.

Only Visor managed to mention the 4x2 as a non hybrid model and that it has about 175hp. But no mention of the torque if without the electric motor.
    The Azkarra 4x2 uses the same engine as the Coolray - 3-cylinder, 1.5L turbo rated at 175hp/255Nm. This is around the same as other compact crossovers with a 2.5L NA engine. Most crossovers with a 2.0L NA engine only has around 150hp/200Nm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The Azkarra 4x2 uses the same engine as the Coolray - 3-cylinder, 1.5L turbo rated at 175hp/255Nm. This is around the same as other compact crossovers with a 2.5L NA engine. Most crossovers with a 2.0L NA engine only has around 150hp/200Nm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks. Was wondering if they maybe changed the tune slightly.

So assuming same with Coolray, then the electric motor adds about 15hp, and around 45nm, maybe a little more since they figure in the press is 'over 300nm'

Geely seems to be charging our market with the right guns to fight as a start. I wonder how long they keep with the strategy.

Like the direction and the lineup and pricing. Ü

Geely Cars