New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJazz View Post
    Its a shame that someone will judge a car maker without even owning a single product from them.

Anyway, China will be a global leader in the next 10-20 years. No one can deny this fact. I am happy that corporations like Geely are now competing with the Japanese, and eating up US companies.

Kaya wag ng mainggit sa achievement ng Chinese, pinaghirapan nila yan at malas lang natin, hindi kasing efficient ng gobyerno nila gobyerno natin. Ang isipin natin is paano tayo magkakaisa para in the next 20 years, tayo naman ang tatalo sa mga Chinese.

We should build ships so we can service chinese trade.

Rizal pointed that out 100+ years ago.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rockiee_s View Post
    hein, what do you mean by quality? can u be more specific?

my cousin owns a japanese sub compact car which he bought just a few months ago. lets compare the two rides (mine and my cousin). and after our ocular of the two cars, lets compare notes.

lets not generalize.

and i think filipinos in manila have not yet seen the best of what chinese car manufacturers have to offer that is why you have that kind of thinking.

i hope that before you conclude, you at least give yourself more time to try chinese vehicles.

punta naman kayo sa shanghai or beijing.
    Yes, I have been to Shanghai and Beijing. And I noticed that Toyotas, Hondas, and Lexuses are quite plentiful. And they are favored by those who can afford better cars.

Apparently, the Chinese can tell the difference in quality of the Japanese cars compared to their own. I wonder why you can't.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I disagree! If you guys feel I insulted a product tantamounts to insulting the owner of this products. Then SO BE IT! I don't associate the possession to the character of the owner...

Truthfully I own no Chinese cars cause as explained above why would I risk money with it when I can buy a Japanese/Korean car and feel confident, but of course just basing it on reviews of journalists (here and abroad) and auto experts its still a car I wouldn't be caught dead owning. Again your choice, your money!

And stop giving me that Chinese cars will be great in 10 years. Why is it 2020 already? Its not like a share of stock which I buy for P1000/share then 10 years later its already P8000/share so I make money or a piece of land costing me P10,000/sqm then in 2020 it becomes P35,000/sqm. I assure you cars in 10 years time will probably be just 20% of its purchase price, tapos depende pa sa brand so kung Chinese baka mas mababa pa...

Again its not my intention to bash the current owners more of a warning to those thinking of getting one.

well anyway, u are always welcome to read our threads on how the chinese car manufacturers are doing.

kahit na sinasabi mo na its the makers that you are targetting on replies which are full of hatred, ok na rin sa amin.

kung san ka masaya...

til our next update on chinese vehicles.

happy reading!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hein View Post
    Yes, I have been to Shanghai and Beijing. And I noticed that Toyotas, Hondas, and Lexuses are quite plentiful. And they are favored by those who can afford better cars.

Apparently, the Chinese can tell the difference in quality of the Japanese cars compared to their own. I wonder why you can't.
    hein, when choosing cars, it is not just quality that these people are considering. it goes beyond that. especially the chinese.

also, fyi, in china, among the top ten best selling and most popular cars are 3 chinese brands. to complete the list, 1 american; 2 korean, 2 german and 2 japanese.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008

need to do so for there are people who already have judged certain cars even before they even drive them.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    need to do so for there are people who already have judged certain cars even before they even drive them.
    Relax ka lang Rocklee, you already sound like a Chinese car salesman.

Even Mr. Tribdino, Marketing Director of Chery Cars Philippines admitted on Inquirer that the Chinese car quality is ''NOT YET THERE''.

Buti pa siya, he is a realist and not afraid to face the truth.
    Last edited by marg; May 19th, 2010 at 01:08 PM.

exactly....i don't want to sound that i am marketing these cars.

but these are only updates which we see, read and hear on chinese car manufacturers which i want to share to people with the SAME INTEREST (like you because you always visit the chinese threads).

marg, i do not believe that chinese cars have arrived. did i say so? i even added that they are like the japanese / korean cars decades ago. walang question dun. read ka maigi.

happy reading about chinese vehicles!!!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    exactly....i don't want to sound that i am marketing these cars.

marg, i do not believe that chinese cars have arrived. did i say so? i even added that they are like the japanese / korean cars decades ago. walang question dun.
    If that's true, then its NOT YET the right time to buy Chinese cars. Simple as that.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Chinese Mainland Carmaker GEELY topples TOYOTA CROWN monopoly of Hong Kong taxis