New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    marg, sabihin mo sa inyong anti-chinese cars yang sinabi mo....

Buti pa siya, he is a realist and not afraid to face the truth

kasi it seems that you are the ones who cannot see the truth.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by marg View Post
    If that's true, then its NOT YET the right time to buy Chinese cars. Simple as that.
    Agree. The distributor says its NOT THERE YET so it simply means its NOT TIME TO BUY YET. What I have been saying all along. Reminds me tuloy of my uncle who bought the MB100D back in 1997. Mura kasi, Benz engine pa daw pero Korean made body. Bilis daw mag overheat and pahirapan at mahal mga parts... When I bought my Santa Fe, sinbai nya why Korean? I would regret it daw (he is wrong of course the CRDi engine is a blast). Ayaw na daw nya ng Korean, he learned his lesson daw... Sabi ko sa kanya "maganda lang timing ko, uncle!" and at the back of my mind "At ikaw hindi, sino nagsabi ok bumili ng Korean nung 1997"
    Last edited by tidus1203; May 19th, 2010 at 01:30 PM.

true or not true, who are you to tell us what to buy????

it is our choice.

Quote Originally Posted by marg View Post
    If that's true, then its NOT YET the right time to buy Chinese cars. Simple as that.

pax et bonum and happy reading!!!!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    bumili na kayo ng chinese cars as in by the volume para magmura ang japanese and korean cars. para makabili naman kami

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Not bad! Its seems that Geely is making some progress. Maybe you can post some pictures of the taxis here? I would really want to see what will happen with those cabs in ten years of service. Cab drivers around the world, although they buy low variant vehicles, scrutinize and evaluate intently the vehicles they will choose for cab use for their performance and any possible problems, and the vehicles they choose are always proven to be sturdy, hassle free, solid, fuel efficient and have low maintenance cost. (much like the Pinoy cab drivers and the famous AE101 Corolla) so the Geely cabs must really be something to be able to pass the cab drivers' test. As a side note, of all the Chinese car companies here, I find Haima to have the best workmanship, having inherited Ford/Mazda molds. Among the current Chinese cars available now I am particularly worried about one problem that plagued past Korean vehicles-rust. And since the Chinese cars here are relatively new, that issue is yet to be discovered.

FYI I'm also a Tsinoy (pure Chinese by blood with Filipino citizenship) and I am glad to see the Chinese companies making progress, maybe in time I might even be buying Chinese cars if they prove to be worthy.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    My understanding po is that China owns Hongkong SAR now thats why its not surprising China will ask or pressure the Hongkong authorities to use Chinese cars like Geely.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    i really dont understand why most of us can't face the truth. Pag sinabi china made it means sirain na. Hindi natin naisip na halos 70% na product is made in china here in our country and in the rest of the world. even your "branded" shoes,cellphones,computers,dress,etcs.Honestly for me hindi ako bibili ng chinese cars "as of now" for the reason na hindi pa sila tested for 10years diba. Nakakabilib and happy lang ako because may bagong car manufacturer nanaman sa mundo and how i wish bumababa ang world price ng automobile (isipin mo para ka ng bumili ng bahay diba). Isipin mo halos down ang buong mundo sa world market except china. My point is why can we just respect each other nalang. peace

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by blyx21 View Post
    i really dont understand why most of us can't face the truth. Pag sinabi china made it means sirain na. Hindi natin naisip na halos 70% na product is made in china here in our country and in the rest of the world. even your "branded" shoes,cellphones,computers,dress,etcs.Honestly for me hindi ako bibili ng chinese cars "as of now" for the reason na hindi pa sila tested for 10years diba. Nakakabilib and happy lang ako because may bagong car manufacturer nanaman sa mundo and how i wish bumababa ang world price ng automobile (isipin mo para ka ng bumili ng bahay diba). Isipin mo halos down ang buong mundo sa world market except china. My point is why can we just respect each other nalang. peace
    Wala naman problema ang mga foreign brands na made in china. May quality control kasi mga yan. Pero yung china brands, medyo sablay pa. Like what you posted, hindi ka rin pala bibili ng chinese branded cars dahil hindi pa kamo tested. So wala ka rin tiwala sa made in china.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    its not na wala ako tiwala sa "made in china", the reason why is na as of now i'm not going to buy "automobile cars from china" dahil hindi pa sila bihasa or tested sa pag gawa ng automobile, wala pag 10years dba. kasi sa nangyayari dito sa topic na toh yung issue na "made in china" hindi yung about the automobile brand. i have a china made na motorcycle na ok naman still now 6years na ginagamit ko pang deliver ng gasul & 5gal. purified water.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Chinese Mainland Carmaker GEELY topples TOYOTA CROWN monopoly of Hong Kong taxis