New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Made in China | 2011 Geely LC 1.3 GL MT
    Words by Jade Lu | Photos by Christopher Kho

There’s a stigma many - if not all - of us have come to accept: If it’s made in China, it’s cheap, and it probably has defects. Throughout decades of buying Chinese goods, one would almost expect the product to break after a couple of days. And because of how low the price on these goods can go, one would simply accept its poor quality. “Made in China kasi,” some would say.

So when we got the news that it was our turn to test drive the Geely LC 1.3L - also known as the Geely Panda in China, we really didn’t have high expectations for it, except maybe that it was cheap and something in it would probably come off soon. We’re so glad we were mistaken.

First Impressions

One thing I love about the Geely LC is that it doesn’t try too hard. When I first saw this at the 2011 Manila International Auto Show last April, it didn’t claim to be any super buggy. Instead, it was what it was - a round, cuddly hatchback modeled after China's national animal, the panda. No fancy extra chrome trims, the Geely LC has a simple front grille and black-bordered headlights forming an adorable panda face and tail lights forming a paw print. Those alone made me want to drive it around....

CLICK ON LINK to CONTINUE: Made in China | 2011 Geely LC 1.3 GL MT
    LINK: Made in China | 2011 Geely LC 1.3 GL MT

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    I'd like to resurrect this thread. Any real-world feedback from owners?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    For its looks, and price. I think that would make a good beater/everyday-vehicle.

Reliability is still a ? though.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    The companion luxury sedan seems more interesting to me, and I guess has better value for money at its SRP of P750k:

Of course, you have to factor in after sales support, plus parts and service availability esp. from third parties.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    This is one car I'm really curious to drive. The interior quality looks head-and-shoulders above the rest of the Chinese micro-cars.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead000 View Post
    The companion luxury sedan seems more interesting to me, and I guess has better value for money at its SRP of P750k:

Of course, you have to factor in after sales support, plus parts and service availability esp. from third parties.
    750K?

Ill buy a Ford Fiesta na lang for bit more.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead000 View Post

This car does not seem to slot into any particular class at its dimensions indicate that it is in between the size of a compact and a midsize sedan. Engine specs seem pretty respectable though. 138hp from a 1.8L engine. But then it mentioned that the engine used is the 4G18. Isn't the 4G18 a 1.6L engine? The one used in the Cedia Lancer in fact?

CAR: "Made in China | 2011 Geely LC 1.3 GL MT"