New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    WHAT A RIP-OFF

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Di na maghahabol ang GM dyan dahil panis na ang design ng Colorado nayan at may bago na..At saka ang ka-partner ng JAC ay Chery na dati nilang dinemanda pero inurong ng GM dahil sa utos yata ng SAIC na shareholder ng Chery,alam naman natin na ang SAIC ang biggest partner ng GM sa China(natakot yata na bitawan ng SAIC ang GM..)

Mura lang ang JAC na pickup na to ha which is great! Isuzu ang makina nito(2.8 liter)..

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Imitation is the highest form of flattery.

But I do not think copying in toto is also right. Pareho ang molds sa body panels.

The Chinese are really flaunting their their might even at the expense of copyright laws.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Yeah...and if they continue that kind of work, no one will take Chinese cars seriously. They should emulate what the Koreans did in the past.

Step 1. Make cars for someone else. Example is Hyundai and Mitsubishi. Nevermind SsangYong.

Step 2. Rebadge cars made for someone else and sell "unsold" models. In the Philippines, Hyundai sold the Starex, which is a copy of the Space Gear/Delica that Mitsubishi failed to introduce at an earlier time. In that sense, Hyundai is ahead of Mitsubishi in terms of releasing a new model, and people took Hyundai seriously. And not a lot of Space Gears were sold by Mitsubishi Philippines.

Step 3. Improve on rebadged models and eventually introduce an all-original model. It's pretty much like what happened to the 1st-Gen Starex and the Starex of today. The Chinese should make a name for themselves pretty much like how Hyundai-Kia did it.

So not all is lost for Chinese-made cars. There's still a lot of room for improvement, and it all starts with the right marketing decisions. So far, there haven't been a lot of wise moves by Chinese carmakers to tap into the Philippine passenger car market and cause a shocker, but only time will tell if they hit or they flop.

5. Join Date
    May 2011
    blatant copycat!

6. Join Date
    May 2011
    It is easy to copy the looks, but what about peformance and reliability? For now I am going to avoid China made cars, just like how I felt with Korean cars when they were still relatively new. Maybe in 5 years, when they have gotten their act straight, then I can reconsider them. The China cars maybe 25% to 30% cheaper, but if they can't last as long, then it might be more expensive in the long run due to breakage and repairs.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rattrapante View Post
    It is easy to copy the looks, but what about peformance and reliability? For now I am going to avoid China made cars, just like how I felt with Korean cars when they were still relatively new. Maybe in 5 years, when they have gotten their act straight, then I can reconsider them. The China cars maybe 25% to 30% cheaper, but if they can't last as long, then it might be more expensive in the long run due to breakage and repairs.
    Yung Foton ata medyo matino pick-up kasi talagang base sa Isuzu Fuego yung designa and tech. Copyright backed so no problem sa piyesa IMO. Mura kasi wala nang R&D at very odl design na nga.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Maganda ang Foton Blizzard pickup..Try nyo din yung JMC Pickup truck na locally assembled sa Sta Rosa Laguna..

Eto eh based sa old Toyota Hilux platform but ang engine nya ay yung sa Isuzu.Mukhang okay naman tong JAC Stallion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
The All-new JAC Pickup