Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Ask Steve Jobs to run GM?

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/12/op...on&oref=slogin

How to Fix a Flat
    By Thomas L. Friedman
    Published: November 11, 2008

Lastly, somebody ought to call Steve Jobs, who doesn’t need to be bribed to do innovation, and ask him if he’d like to do national service and run a car company for a year. I’d bet it wouldn’t take him much longer than that to come up with the G.M. iCar.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    reminds me of iRack:rofl:
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by donbuggy View Post
    Just like being promoted to captain just before the Titanic hit the iceberg, you're now the CEO of GM. What will you do to bring the company back to profitability? Will you be like Lee Iacocca (who saved Chrysler) or will you be more like Homer Simpson (who ruined the fictional Powell Motors)?

Will you:

1. Reduce your salary to $1 (just what Lee Iacocca did when he brought Chrysler back from the brink) before taking on the unions?

2. Implement a Pilipino style of management (by hiring your relatives, cronies, drinking buddies and putting them in top positions)?

3. Introduce a Hummer based on a front wheel drive minivan platform?

4. Reduce the Corvette or Camaro to Miata size? (Ford once made the smaller Mustang II based on the Pinto).

Other suggestions?

if i am the CEO of GM i will:

a) Reduce my compensation and benefits. That will show grace and goodwill. I will work on the thought of living as a role model, so that the other executives under me will also reduce theirs. This create immediate impact on the financial status of the company, as well as boosting the morale of the rank.

b) I will remove the high fuel consumption from the production line. I will push for alternative vehicles like hybrids (imagine a hybrid H4) or an LPG powered Corvette (hehehe - Ghosthunter will like this...).

c) Push corporate transparency.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    hmm tasty. mukang Fortuner na maypagka Vue ba yun ng saturn?

if i would be the ceo, ipagmemerge ko lahat ng brands under gm and make it as one (optional na lang siguro ang new logo or gawin na lang GM lang mismo hindi na gmc) na tapos magbebenta na lang ng mga maliliit pero todo luxury na miniature cars like daihatsu terios ang size, miniature pero todo fuel effieciency. gagawin kong alternative na mas maganda ng todo kesa sa daihatsu
    then tanggal lahat ng workers for a new start tapos yung salary di na tulad ng dati para maiwasan bankruptcy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
You're now the CEO of GM. What will you do?