New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Post ko lang para ma warn yung mga ibang nagbabalak kumuha ng car sa Hyundai Shaw. Ito yung letter ko sa Hyundai Asia Resouces Inc.

To whom it may concern:

I bought a new Tucson CVVT Theta II 2WD AT from Hyundai Shaw.The vehicle was delivered in my place in Olongapo City in the evening of May 21, 2011, a Saturday. Unfortunately, 3 days after the said vehicle was delivered, it already showed a problem. I noticed that the AC was intermittent until Thursday, May 26, 2011, 5 days after delivery, the AC was totally dead. I immediately informed Hyundai Shaw Dealership of what happened and they asked us to bring the new Tucson to Manila the next day to find out what's wrong with the car and the same time and fix problem. So from Olongapo we drove to the dealership without the benefit of an AC with no choice except to lower the windows so that we don't get fried inside the car. (So bad for a new car with no license plate yet traversing EDSA with windows down and passenger fanning). The dealership received the car and was handled by the service department. We were later informed that day, that the magnetic coil for the AC is not working and they don't have the part that day so they we're not able to fix it. They told us that they were outsourcing the part and will be available Monday of succeeding week, May 30, 2011. Since we don’t have any other car to use, we drove back to Olongapo with the TUCSON, windows closed because it was raining and just endured the hot air coming from the vent.

With the AC problem not solve the first time, we brought back the car last Monday, May 30, 2011 to have them fix the problem. After a 6 hour wait, we drove back to Olongapo with AC working. I thought that the AC problem has already been solved but today, May 31, 2011, my wife was fuming mad again, because as she drive the kids to a doctor's check up, the AC went off. There's no AC again, totally dead. Hot air is the one that comes out of the vents. So pity of my kids sweating in a brand new car. This situation is very frustrating and very disappointing. In cognizance that the car is new and a 9 days old as of today, yet its already giving us a lot of headaches. The situation is very stressful and is causing us mental anguish, bad day and mood. I even want to believe that this car is bad luck. The dealership is just holding their defense that the car is under warranty but am not buying that fact because warranty at least could set in after few months of using it or after running at least 5000 kilometers. The car’s odometer reading is currently at 963 KM with the 700 KM usage of driving Manila to Olongapo vice versa route. We have about 150 KM usage driving within Olongapo.

The problem on the car is very early and wherever the problem on the AC is emanating from, that cannot be explained by the service department. I am not satisfied with their explanation that the only problem is the magnetic coil. And now that the AC is dead, they are saying of the same problem. They cannot give me a good answer as to what makes the magnetic coil to malfunction which ultimately shuts down the AC? I am upset. Upset of the fact that this new car, this newly purchased merchandise is now subject for repair, so new that it pisses me off to see myself in the dealership for service and seeing those people tinkering my brand new car. This is absolutely unacceptable. Our family and friends have a common conclusion about this car: Its defective, and that’s what I believed. A DEFECTIVE CAR WAS SOLD TO ME.

It is therefore my request, that you look into this problem. I deemed it necessary that a unit replacement should come in place. The car that I bought is no longer giving us a reliability and we are completely dissatisfied with it. I am convinced that the AC problem on the car will not be the only headache we’re going to have. Most likely, electrical and mechanical problems will be coming up too.

Also, it’s a hassle and burden to keep driving back and forth to Manila. I’m spending gas and I’m paying my driver. Going there is not free. I hope that with this note, this problem will be given a concrete, faster and just resolution. Otherwise, I will bring this matter to the attention of the media and I will also take legal action as this is a clear manifestation of FRAUD.

Further, I am driving back the car to the dealership tomorrow, June 1, 2011. I was told by the service department manager that they may required 3 days or more to fix the problem inclusive of an observation period. Apparently, I'm going to the dealership not for fixing purposes for I don’t like anymore fixing. I will ask the dealership a replacement or I will return the car and get my refund.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I think one of the factors that you have to look at when buying a new car is the proximity of the dealership to your a. residence and b. place of work.

having to go that far for a car can be so troublesome.

As for Juno Cars, I think they're doing okay, but they can still do much better... We placed an order for a 1.4 LT M/T Aveo. Hoping to get it within the week. Crossing my fingers that everything turns out fine.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
What's the update on Juno Cars?