New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Hello everyone

I have a 2004 Venture. It developed a weird problem. The idling is rough for the first 15 minutes after each startup then it becomes normal and smooth after that. It seems that if the engine cools down a bit like when I park for an hour or so, the rough idling happens again but disappears when the engine reaches normal operating temperature after 15 minutes of driving. This is only while idling with the tranny either in park or drive.

When this problem started, it only took 5 minutes for the idling to smoothen but now it takes longer. Had the engine and tranny supports checked and all are still intact. Could this be related to the intake or exhaust?

Hope someone has other ideas or can recommend a good venture mechanic/shop aside from the dealer.

Thanks

Ed

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontsight View Post
    Hello everyone

I have a 2004 Venture. It developed a weird problem. The idling is rough for the first 15 minutes after each startup then it becomes normal and smooth after that. It seems that if the engine cools down a bit like when I park for an hour or so, the rough idling happens again but disappears when the engine reaches normal operating temperature after 15 minutes of driving. This is only while idling with the tranny either in park or drive.

When this problem started, it only took 5 minutes for the idling to smoothen but now it takes longer. Had the engine and tranny supports checked and all are still intact. Could this be related to the intake or exhaust?

Hope someone has other ideas or can recommend a good venture mechanic/shop aside from the dealer.

Thanks

Ed

can you identify the vehicle? the vehicle identification number of 17 characters, i just need up to 11 characters and you can leave the serial number blank. also, send the mileage and other unusual symptoms or observations

Venture idling problem