New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    There's always the extra care you have to take with a turbocharger in a tropical country like the Philippines... proper warm-up and cool-down procedures... regularly checking your oil... and more frequent oil changes.

A wet nitrous system is basically plug and play... and at the low setting they have theirs (10 seconds to 100 km/h... so probably from 85 hp to around 110...), there's not much stress on the engine.
    I'm currently also living in a tropical country (Brazil). As far as the oil goes, an oil cooler can be added. Also, not every turbo setup must be so extreme... At least for me, the main advantage from the turbo setup is the lower power loss while driving uphills as I usually have to do.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cripple_rooster View Post
    I'm currently also living in a tropical country (Brazil). As far as the oil goes, an oil cooler can be added. Also, not every turbo setup must be so extreme... At least for me, the main advantage from the turbo setup is the lower power loss while driving uphills as I usually have to do.
    Personally, I would have gone for the turbo, too. Get a Kei car turbo or aftermarket turbo sized for the Suzuki Wagon R and variants and you've got something that will nicely fill the hole in the torque band of the GM 1.2.

But this is first and foremost a show car. Getting it done and getting the bragging numbers under a budget were more important than actually making the car consistently fast.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    'Race' Spark is a misnomer. Should only be 'Tuned' Spark. Immediately tagging it as 'Race' in its current setup is a little bit laughable.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    pwede na yung mga mods kahit wala nitrous

0-100kph 15.1 sec stock naging 12.3 sec with mods (no nitrous)

malaking improvement yan ah

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Take note... gentle launch yun. That way they can show off the big increase in low-rpm and midrange power that the Unichip generally gives. A wheel-spinning launch (which would give you about 13.8 seconds with that particular blue Spark) would be faster, but there, driving technique would muddy up the results.

It's also worth noting the jelly soft engine mounts of the Spark are not well-suited to drag racing.

I expect that with the nitrous and some poly-urethane engine mounts, high-8 to 9 second 0-100 times are possible if you don't give a crap about the clutch. Which would peg the peak power at around 120-125 hp overall.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner View Post
    'Race' Spark is a misnomer. Should only be 'Tuned' Spark. Immediately tagging it as 'Race' in its current setup is a little bit laughable.
    :stupid:

Since it seems to appeal more to the traffic-light racers it's actually OK...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Top Gear Race Spark