New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by electone View Post
    Perhaps there is some kind of truth in this because I am using my son's old ipod thru usb and I didn't have those problems. Also tried the aux and the same thing no problem. So it is possible that it is a software problem.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    I also have first hand experience with this, by the way.

Last December I bought an iphone 4 with OS 4.1 which I upgraded to OS 4.2. I used this in the Cruze and had no static whatsoever.

Last January i bought another iphone4 with OS 4.1 for my wife, which I did not upgrade until now. When I use this iphone with the Cruze, it has random static noise.

That's just my experience though. Others might not have the same experience.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004

Last December I bought an iphone 4 with OS 4.1 which I upgraded to OS 4.2. I used this in the Cruze and had no static whatsoever.

Last January i bought another iphone4 with OS 4.1 for my wife, which I did not upgrade until now. When I use this iphone with the Cruze, it has random static noise.

i guess this might have a connection afterall. Today, I was listening to music and I was using Iphone 4 and Ipad, both version 4.2.1. and I did hear the static again after a few minutes of use.

Then I used Ipod touch version 3.1 and no static.

but in my other car, my cable is special for that vehicle, it has the usb + the earphone plug, so maybe charging is true usb and the music is connected via the earphone plug so no static will be heard regardless of OS.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2011

bro you are absolutely right man!! i tried an itouch running on the OS 3.1 and heard no static at all.. i sat there for awhile.. turned on the car.. moved it a bit.. turned on the other electronics.. nothing just unadulterated music.. haha.. guess i don't have to bring it chevy.. gotta go to greenhills pala for an upgrade hehe

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011

Ok so i upgraded my itouch to OS 4.2.1 and guess what?!! the static is still there!!! just not as bad as it was before when i was still using the OS 4.1.. but still enough to annoy me... does anyone have any info about this?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Doc, try using an original usb cable to connect your ipod/iphone to your stereo. This issue about the cables happens on iphone 3GS but just try and see the result. It's better to connect your ipod by usb cable since our cruze stereo is compatible with ipod/iphone4. (I'm not sure with ipad and other iphone versions..). It lets you control your device using the radio i.e. play, pause, prev, next, and browse songs and playlist, which is very, very cool for our cruze! Connecting by aux might create static/distorted noise due to the quality of the jack or incompatibility with the device. Also, you can't control your ipod thru the the radio controls.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Topdrive21 View Post
    Doc, try using an original usb cable to connect your ipod/iphone to your stereo. This issue about the cables happens on iphone 3GS but just try and see the result. It's better to connect your ipod by usb cable since our cruze stereo is compatible with ipod/iphone4. (I'm not sure with ipad and other iphone versions..). It lets you control your device using the radio i.e. play, pause, prev, next, and browse songs and playlist, which is very, very cool for our cruze! Connecting by aux might create static/distorted noise due to the quality of the jack or incompatibility with the device. Also, you can't control your ipod thru the the radio controls.
    Topdrive21, let me see if i understand what you're saying.. you're telling me to use the USB port which is the first port you see in the middle compartment and not the aux port where the ipod usually gets plugged into? what im experiencing now when i plug it into the aux port i cant browse the playlists and songs but i can choose back or forward and the song title comes out on the display. yun nga lang may static.. i'll go take a look at what the usb port looks like.. parang bilog yata yun e? don't remember..
    thanks. will update..

8. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Topdrive21 View Post
    hi. i went to apple today and bought a belkin usb connector.. and yup no static! thanks for the advice.. although now it's volume dependent depending what the setting is on the ipod and also it doesnt charge but at least no static and i can scroll through my playlists on the ipod itself..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Static from the speakers