New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    This might answer your question: http://www.mightyautoparts.com/pdf/articles/tt141.pdf

You can try Thunder Automotive or Nemar for GM parts. Their numbers and address are in the yellow pages. They sell original parts way cheaper than casa. If I'm not mistaken, they even supply parts to casa.
    Thanks..very informative

Ive tried Thunder but sometimes they dont have the parts that i need...where is Nemar though?Thanks...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    yeah, where is nemar? thanks!

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jovsi View Post
    Hello again,

my car no longer stalls and shakes and i dont lose acceleration anymore but i didnt replace the throttle body like what GM shaw and GM pasig advised me to...i just had the shift linkage assy replaced! orig part only cost me 3500! Now the shady thing is...why GM Shaw and GM Pasig was adamant that it was the throttle body!? They were like "sir, dodoble po fuel consumption nyan" and "lagi ka mamamatayan ng makina kpag di mo pinalitan" Hmmmm...now im no expert and to be honest i really dont know what a busted throttle body's symptoms are...anybody here know what a bad throttle body does to the car?TIA!
    The throttle body does not easily break . It only need to be clean so all the carbon deposit will be removed. Mostly the casa will tell you to replaced its just like trial and error and let the costumer suffer for the expenses .

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jovsi View Post
    Hello again,

my car no longer stalls and shakes and i dont lose acceleration anymore but i didnt replace the throttle body like what GM shaw and GM pasig advised me to...i just had the shift linkage assy replaced! orig part only cost me 3500! Now the shady thing is...why GM Shaw and GM Pasig was adamant that it was the throttle body!? They were like "sir, dodoble po fuel consumption nyan" and "lagi ka mamamatayan ng makina kpag di mo pinalitan" Hmmmm...now im no expert and to be honest i really dont know what a busted throttle body's symptoms are...anybody here know what a bad throttle body does to the car?TIA!
    GM pasig have their monthly quotas, and maybe same with Shaw. The best chevrolet to visit is at Quezon Avenue. (I've experienced some same issues at PASIG with my optra, mas grabe pa kase imbes gumanda andar eh lalong nagkanda letse-letse.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Optra Throttle Body needs to be replaced?