New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    How about Bosch batteries? Any experience?
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Never knew we had Interstate Batteries here before. *the LC80, the tire hit a soft spot of the car and jumped up after so the impact wasnt that hard. Scary though to suddenly lose all power, have your hood crumple in front of you and have the windshield bath in oil and battery acid, without knowing what you hit.

Pricey also with Thunder Auto? I used to buy parts there before and they were at the least, cheaper than Autoworld.
    Sorry for the super late reply. We had interstate batteries before (around 98-2000?) got mine sa CATS greenhills. It's a good thing your LC80 is repaired na. I got the mirrors na with LED signal,heated and auto dimming in ebay for 11,000 pair na shipped. thunder wants 21,000 each.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    same here, bought AC Delco for our Sentra and it last lest than a year. Replace it with Motolite Gold and it last 3.5yrs.

Now what I did is wrap the battery with the insulator na nilalagay sa roof ng house. so far 1yr and 7 months na yung Motolite Gold sa Swift namin and it still kicking.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwrp8 View Post
    have you tried motolite in your suburban? im having the same dilemma. Wanted to try motolite but warranty is only 21 months and is 500 peso higher than a 24 months warranty ac delco.
    Motolite wont last long on american v8 and the cca is too low. 6 months lang ang motolite sa e150 namin. Bumubukol.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    I will take note of this.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by comecum View Post
    same here, bought AC Delco for our Sentra and it last lest than a year. Replace it with Motolite Gold and it last 3.5yrs.

Now what I did is wrap the battery with the insulator na nilalagay sa roof ng house. so far 1yr and 7 months na yung Motolite Gold sa Swift namin and it still kicking.
    Sir what is the purpose of the insulator? I have been using Motolite Gold in my vehicles and so far it averages to last at least 3.5 years without the insulator.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by av8or5 View Post
    I think what the TS is trying to say is, not to buy AC Delco battery because they aren't good. His warranty is only one year, and because its already one year, his battery is now dead or useless and cannot be replaced because his warranty lapse.

I would also agree with TS, my Cruze is also less than 1 year, but I had to replace the AC Delco battery that came with the car. Although its less than a year, my milleage is more than 10K km. So its not under warranty. Warranty of AC Delco on my 2010 Cruze is 1 year or 10K KM whichever comes first. I replaced my with Motolite.

My other rides battery last for at least 24 months, yung sa Strada ko, more than 3 years before I needed to replace the battery. GS Brand, which came standard with the car.

haha ako din it took 3 years and 5 months for my GS stock battery to die galing ng battery ng strada.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jonzjitsu View Post
    haha ako din it took 3 years and 5 months for my GS stock battery to die galing ng battery ng strada.
    Oo, okay GS battery na standard sa Thialand Strada. 3 years and 7 mos experience ko dyan.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Happyart View Post
    Sir what is the purpose of the insulator? I have been using Motolite Gold in my vehicles and so far it averages to last at least 3.5 years without the insulator.
    im assuming na to prevent heat from the engine bay to affect the battery... Will try this pag nagpalit din ako ng battery.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by stickers View Post
    im assuming na to prevent heat from the engine bay to affect the battery... Will try this pag nagpalit din ako ng battery.
    Maybe with the insulator the battery life may exceed 4 years? My Chevrolet Trailblazer LTZ has a battery enclosure that may serve also as an insulator. It may also protect the engine parts from harmful chemicals from the battery in case of leak. My other vehicles do not have the enclosure but it is a standard with the Trailblazer.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
No to AC DELCO!!!