New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwrp8 View Post
    have you tried motolite in your suburban? im having the same dilemma. Wanted to try motolite but warranty is only 21 months and is 500 peso higher than a 24 months warranty ac delco.
    It used AC Delco until we sold it in 2009. There was a time also long ago when it was only AC Delco which we could find with the battery for the Suburban. Motolite should have one for it as well by now, however per the website, only for the Gold Series (21 months). I'd readily try it over AC Delco though if need be.

Here's a pic of how the battery looked (you'll see it at the lower left side of the pic, behind the front RH head light):

* Boybi, we also had the Motolite Gold on one car die out early. Warranty replaced. So far, average lifespan on our cars is 3-4 years although the next time around, i will try having it recharged to see how much longer it may go.
    Last edited by vinj; May 15th, 2012 at 12:34 PM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Here's mine I bought the delco dec.2010. This morning it was dead.

Wanted to try motolite gold since my DIN88 motolite gold in my other car is still alive in kicking since march of 2008.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^Go with the Motolite. I doubt also the AC Delco is suited for our hot weather. The old V8 engines are also quite not electronics reliant so they really don't need much juice from the battery and electrical system as compared to the modern SUVs we see today.

I think another factor to the short life we had on ours was because the vehicle was only used once or twice a week. It clocked around 52,000kms in the 11 years it was with our family. The new owner seems to use it much more though since we get to see it on the road.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Thats what i was thinking too about the delco. Just called AAP and motolite delivery.. Too bad they don't have stock of motolite for the burb. 3 weeks na silang out and they have no idea when they'll have stocks. I guess i don't have a choice Wow 52,000kms. in 11 years! Mine is 2004 and i'm almost 150,000 kms.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thats what i was thinking too about the delco. Just called AAP and motolite delivery.. Too bad they don't have stock of motolite for the burb. 3 weeks na silang out and they have no idea when they'll have stocks. I guess i don't have a choice Wow 52,000kms. in 11 years! Mine is 2004 and i'm almost 150,000 kms.
    Back to AC Delco again. Oh well.

That Suburban was bought mainly because our Land Cruiser 80 series got into an accident with a wayward dump truck tire that got loose and went head-on at SLEX. It put the LC in the repair shop for months with the uncertainty of being repaired well (and Toyota stopped selling the LC80 so a new was uncertain just as well) so we got the Burb as a replacement. After the LC80 was repaired, it turned out quite well and the Burb became a garage queen. A friend was offering to buy it from us before and convert it to a funeral hearse in their business but the personalized plate made us refuse the offer The new owner jumped at it as the plates had the same initials as his kids.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Just got it (delco) and i hate it!I was saving money pa naman sana bec. both my side mirror glass was stolen. One thing more i don't like about the delco is it easily drains. Just leave it in acc. and turn the radio for awhile viola! jumper cable time! Wow, head on in slex! I hope no body got hurt. Got any pics.? I'd be piiised if that happened to me. I love LC 80 and 100 pa naman.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just got it (delco) and i hate it!I was saving money pa naman sana bec. both my side mirror glass was stolen. One thing more i don't like about the delco is it easily drains. Just leave it in acc. and turn the radio for awhile viola! jumper cable time! Wow, head on in slex! I hope no body got hurt. Got any pics.? I'd be piiised if that happened to me. I love LC 80 and 100 pa naman.
    I was checking online and there's this brand, Varta batteries, with DIN88 also. But it's being sold for 14K++; parang Optima na rin.

No more pics... that happened in 1998 which was way before we had digicams (i dont know if we still have the accident and insurance report filed away somewhere). Thankfully it was the LC80 that was hit since if it was our other usual out of town car that time (a 94 Galant VR), damage and injuries may have been the case, but it wasnt as the height and mass of the LC took the brunt (the engine radiator and cylinder head was damaged, along with the battery which was shattered basically). The 80 is still running well up to this day in spite of the sub-par repair of Toyota Shaw.

Walang sinasanto ang mga side mirror thieves. My aunt lost her Expy sidemirrors near Banawe a couple of months ago.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    thats where i bought the delco..the guy who's selling varta batteries too for 14k. I remeber waay back I love interstate batteries that was being sold in CATS. those are though suckers not to mention CCA. Kinda expensive though but very much worth it for me. Buti nalang LC80 yung nabangga at hindi yung galant but damn with those damges that you mention in an lc80 that must have been hard on the occupants. True that on the thieves mine was stolen dec. pa can't find a pair in banawe I will not get in casa or outside parts store here bec. they want an arm and a leg for it. I'm just waiting for someone who can help me ship it too me thru amazon or ebay. Hard to drive this tank with improvised mirrors.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    and oo nga pala about the optima batteries, read some of the feedbacks in amazon. kinda scary.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Never knew we had Interstate Batteries here before. *the LC80, the tire hit a soft spot of the car and jumped up after so the impact wasnt that hard. Scary though to suddenly lose all power, have your hood crumple in front of you and have the windshield bath in oil and battery acid, without knowing what you hit.

Pricey also with Thunder Auto? I used to buy parts there before and they were at the least, cheaper than Autoworld.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
No to AC DELCO!!!