New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Lets talk about Philippine version MyLink.

At this time no manual available at the casa. To those who have it now can you give your reviews?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    After a bit of research the one we have seems like the one in Saudi Arabia. No info about the features and specs there either. Looking at the pictures and the simplistic menu system, IMHO get a third party headunit.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Hold your horses before you say anything about the MyLink. Before you judge the MyLink and make your suggestions, I suggest that you try it in a Chevy dealer nearest to you. All A/T variants of the Cruze, the hatchback version of the Sonic and the TOTL variants of the Colorado and Trailblazer sport the MyLink already.

I have personally tried and tinkered with the MyLink, and it's better than China made OEM 3rd party headunits. The best thing with MyLink is that it is updateable. Very responsive and easy to use touchscreen interface, smartphone integration through Bluetooth (including TuneIn Internet Radio App) and reads videos files of your USB flash drive regardless of maximum storage capacity.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    i did have a brief demo of the local version. do you know what video formats it supports and what usb storage types and formats?

to be clear i meant the local version seems so-so. the MyLink in the US seems better, than what they released here. this last statement is based on the interface on the touch screen and that when i plugged in a usb stick which was fat32 it was not recognized at all.

if you can please provide a review based on your experience or better yet your insider scoop😉

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn_p-YJAwpQ]MyLink Tutorial from Dave Gill Chevrolet - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRjYdpyyDEs"]2013 Chevrolet MyLink Infotainment System Review (Spark, Sonic, Malibu, Traverse and Equinox) - YouTube[/ame]

My mistake, we have a US version MyLink, like the video above shows. Ours is similar to what is on the 2013 US version Sonic and Aveo.

I dig the touchscreen, but at this time it lacks voice commands which is something I like on Ford Sync. It is available but only if you are an apple kind of person, as it is based on Siri.
    Last edited by LoBudget; March 9th, 2014 at 02:00 AM. Reason: added a link comparing the different MyLink versions

6. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    How can we update the maps in MyLink?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ryozen View Post
    How can we update the maps in MyLink?
    Does your mylink come with a philippine map already? Ive been waiting for it for quite sometime....

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Still no maps and no reverse camera. Anyone from TCCCI lurking around here feel free to update us... or not since you probably dont care too much about customers. :p

I'm more about the camera and less hopeful for the maps, it will rely on you Apple device's (and maybe on Android) data and GPS. If that is the way they will implement it, I'll just stick to Waze or other navi programs on my device. The only thing MyLink will be good for is bluetooth connection to stream content from devices anyway.

Right now with the limits to supported formats and the option to play pictures or movies only when parked makes MyLink a radio with a touch screen. For me, get Growl or a Pioneer or something. If they had the option for rear monitors and your passengers can watch movies and stuff that would be a thing. Only your driver will enjoy MyLink as he watches movies and drains your battery or gas while waiting for you in the parking lot.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Me too, still waiting for the reverse camera and gps

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    A week ago, our dealer, which is Chev Alabang had offered us a work-around solution to have a backing/reverse camera installed on our TB LTZ 2014 by installing their own camera. They will also replace my OEM interior rear view mirror with their own that comes with a small LCD screen. Total cost 18k. According to them, original warranty will not be affected.

I really hate this. In other countries, they already have the reverse camera and GPS on their MyLink system. Till now, for the Philippine market, still none. :boo:

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast