The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Thunder address is:

1023 Masangkay St. Manila Ph.
    Tel no. 244-77-01
    244-7705, 244-65-29

Hindi ko pa po natry jan sa thunder, pero wala naman tayo choice kasi dito lang daw my supply ng spare parts ang chevrolet, sabi nila pati sa casa sila din nag susupply.

Bigyan mo kami feedback regarding sa services nila ha? Malaking tulong yon sa mga Optra Owners!

Try ako tumawag ito mga prices nila:

air filter: 500
    fuel filter: 500
    pollen filter: 1200
    fuel pump: 10500
    tensioner: 2400
    Drive belt: 800
    Brake pad: ?
    Oil Filter: ? tnong m n lang ung iba.. post mo pra sa mga owners ng optra!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by weszt View Post
    nakakatakot pala maputulan ng timing belt. Tanong mga sir, yung sa akin na 06' Optra kasi 3yrs. na nung binili ko meron bang years na dapat iconsider para sa pagpalit ng mga nasabi nyo? ung timing belt, water pump etc... 40K p lang po kasi mileage ko?
    at 40k (considering that your odo is not tampered), safe pa yan. change it at around 70-75 k kms and you will be ok.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vladmarc View Post
    Thank you for the comments guys, appreciate it.

Cost of Replacement for the timing belt in Juno cars (Chev) is P23K plus. In Rapide around 15K with warranty (all-in parts&labor). But I tried to inquire in Thunders Auto Supply how much is the cost of the parts for the replacement of the belt is around P8,400 (includes timing belt, tensionaire bearing and roller and water pump) plus d the cost of labor is P2,5K.

So, i really have to replace na nga pala everything. I was thinking kase to only replace the belt,bearing and roller then later on nalang the water pump.

Second query: Can i use low cost battery for this car? I have seen OUTLAST in the store and its kinda cheaper as compare to other brand-as in almost half of the price. If AC Delco is P5,5K and Motolite is P4,8K Outlast is only P2,8K. You think this baterry is okay na? Due for baterry replacement na din kase to e. Or any tips para malaman ko kung for repalcement na nga sya? Im using AC Delco Batt-sorry guys this car is just 6mons old palang saken kya dko kabisado history nila..no records has been given to me coz the owner leaves for US already.

Have a safe driving to all.....
    yes, you can use other brands of batteries naman. as long as pareho ng laki and capacity.

outlast is ok.... actually, may mga nagsasabi na mas maganda pa nga daw ito kesa sa motolite.

if you want to get it cheaper pa than 2.8k, magmember ka sa AAP. they are selling batteries there at 2k. outlast din ang manufacturer, pero rebranded as AAP.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Another related Question:

Is there a way to check kung napalitan na TIMIG BELT nitong oto??

Thanks
    you'll here a different slight noise or sound (hard to explain what the sound is) on the engine after starting, then after minutes the engine has warm mawawala yung sound na yun.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009

Thanks
    you'll here a different kind of noise or sound (hard to explain what the sound is) on the engine after starting, then after minutes the engine has warm mawawala yun.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009

Thanks
    if your engine's timing belt is in excellent condition, your engine must be in silent condition upon starting. i mean, tahimik dapat ang makina mo, walang other noise na maririnig except yung normal sound ng running engine. (pagme yung parang matinis na kalembang na parang me nagpiprito na pag mainit na makina e nawawala, palitin na timing belt).

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Ow Thank You...cge ill give him a call. Sobrang Salamat po:-)

Sir Vladmarc,

Napalitan na ba timing belt ng Optra mo? Paki post naman kung san mo pingawa and kung mag kano inabot. Due na rin for replacement ng timing belt ng 04 Optra namin. Thanks.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Used to own a '04 Optra AT before Ondoy came. Anyways, was able to replace a timing belt here at Chevy Pasig and the cost is around between 15K-17K (inclusive of parts & labor - If I remember it right).

Better to replace it before it breaks, it's part of your Preventive Maintenance. Else you stand to lose between 75K-125K (depending on the extent of damage to the engine should this happen) .

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Syempre View Post
    Sir Vladmarc,

Napalitan na ba timing belt ng Optra mo? Paki post naman kung san mo pingawa and kung mag kano inabot. Due na rin for replacement ng timing belt ng 04 Optra namin. Thanks.
    *syempre
    share ko lang po na i just had my timing belt, idler berring and tensioner berring changed kasi maingay na just like what dndk2007 is describing. it cost me around 8k kasama na po yung labor. home service pa po sya.the parts we got it from thunder. the mechanic used to work din po sa casa he services all kinds and makes of cars old model and mga bago.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Cube View Post
    Used to own a '04 Optra AT before Ondoy came. Anyways, was able to replace a timing belt here at Chevy Pasig and the cost is around between 15K-17K (inclusive of parts & labor - If I remember it right).

Better to replace it before it breaks, it's part of your Preventive Maintenance. Else you stand to lose between 75K-125K (depending on the extent of damage to the engine should this happen) .
    i agree with Alpha Cube. yun din po sinabi sa kin nung mechanic. it's best to be on the safe side kesa naman magastusan ka pa ng mas malaki.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
I need advice for my OPTRA