New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Going Against the Grain | 2012 Chevrolet Orlando 1.8 LT AT
    Words and photos by Christopher Kho

[img]http://kotse.com/home/images/stories/test_drives/chevrolet/2012_orlando_18lt/orlando_main.jpg/[img]

Aren't MPV's supposed to be bland, boring, bouncy bricks whose primary duty is lugging around family members or children, and are best associated with soccer moms? Well, for a change, Chevrolet's out to beat the MPV stereotype with the Orlando - an MPV dressed to look like an SUV, built to drive like a sedan, yet big enough to seat seven adults like a true MPV should. It all sounds like the perfect solution for anyone who’s torn between the modes of transport, but does it really work?

Love at first sight

For starters, the Orlando looks absolutely gorgeous. Now, I don't expect everyone to agree with me at first, so spare me a few lines to explain what makes the bow tie brand's latest MPV so dreamy. It's built like a powerlifter - big, buff, and bursting with muscles - but with the play of complex curves and lines, it gives the Orlando an illusion of being short and stubby, just like a cute little bulldog.....

LINK FOR MORE: Going Against the Grain | 2012 Chevrolet Orlando 1.8 LT AT
    SOURCE: Going Against the Grain | 2012 Chevrolet Orlando 1.8 LT AT

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Being a father of two small boys, chevy orlando was very appealing to me the first time i saw it in person. I am also planning of replacing my 09 honda civic with it. But still thinking about it to be sure that I will not regret that decision in the future. I am just waiting for some feedbacks on chevy`s after sales and pms. Is it expensive? Are the parts available? And if chevy inhouse mechanics are good trouble shooters. In short is it wise to buy a chevy particularly the orlando.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Not worth it. based from my personal experience.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kel_messy View Post
    Being a father of two small boys, chevy orlando was very appealing to me the first time i saw it in person. I am also planning of replacing my 09 honda civic with it. But still thinking about it to be sure that I will not regret that decision in the future. I am just waiting for some feedbacks on chevy`s after sales and pms. Is it expensive? Are the parts available? And if chevy inhouse mechanics are good trouble shooters. In short is it wise to buy a chevy particularly the orlando.
    sir, have you noticed the lack of chevy orlando in the streets despite the low introductory price and good reviews by experts? that should be an indication that the pricing of chevy for the orlando (being near the price of entry levels of fort and monty) is not acceptable to the buying market. also, the presence of Innova (still selling like hotcakes) makes the Orlando a 2nd choice for potential buyers. I myself was really interested with the Orlando but opted to get a 7 seater CRDi fed SUV instead. Another is the lack of feedback from tsikot members regarding the Orlando. Yung thread nga ng Trailblazer more than 100+ pages na while the Orlando thread wala pa sa 30 pages.. di pa makabuo ng Orlando Club sa konti ng owners..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lakbay888 View Post
    Sir care to share your experience why? for the enlightenment of fellow tiskoteers.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yourman_2nd View Post
    sir, have you noticed the lack of chevy orlando in the streets despite the low introductory price and good reviews by experts? that should be an indication that the pricing of chevy for the orlando (being near the price of entry levels of fort and monty) is not acceptable to the buying market. also, the presence of Innova (still selling like hotcakes) makes the Orlando a 2nd choice for potential buyers. I myself was really interested with the Orlando but opted to get a 7 seater CRDi fed SUV instead. Another is the lack of feedback from tsikot members regarding the Orlando. Yung thread nga ng Trailblazer more than 100+ pages na while the Orlando thread wala pa sa 30 pages.. di pa makabuo ng Orlando Club sa konti ng owners..

- - - Updated - - -

Sir care to share your experience why? for the enlightenment of fellow tiskoteers.
    lakbay888 owns a Chevy Cruze. Just my personal observation, the Korean built CBUs of Chevrolet like the Cruze seem to be having many problems with their electrical sensors, while the Thai built CBUs of Chevrolet seem to be working great. Usually yung mga lemon units lang nagkaroon ng problem, which sa Captiva thread ay isa lang ang nakakuha ng lemon unit.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Hello mga sir, Orlando owner here, may mga feedback naman na po kami dun sa aming thread. Dami na rin feedbacks tungkol sa PMS, engine performance and the likes.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by lakbay888 View Post
    Sir bat mo naman nasabing not worth it?