New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Oh... and again... Bush did less than absolutely nothing to discourage subprime loans. I suggest you look up the "Zero-Downpayment Housing Act" then come back and tell me the housing bubble was all due to Democrats...

And let's not forget. Those foolish speculators who traded feverishly in subprime loans... how many of those big bank white-collars do you think were... white? And which party favored the financial deregulation that allowed such wild speculation to happen in the first place?

-

This is why American politics is all wrong. The Dems and Republicans have to go. Let's replace them with the communists and the fascists, instead...
    Last edited by niky; August 31st, 2012 at 03:13 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    [QUOTE=niky;1997940]Republican-Democrat. Pot. Kettle. Boo hoo.
    Better do your research, bub. And not on Neo-con radio. [/QUOte's faul

Awww... neo-con radio? A link to the broadcast.
    LiveLeak.com - A Solyndra Employee Calls the Mark Levin Show (comments)

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The Volt can save you money if you drive a certain amount on electricity. It's simple math. Even at high rates, electricity is still cheaper than gasoline due to economies of scale. The problem of the Volt is that most people are not willing to pay upfront now for a car that will be cheaper to own over ten years than the SUV they're buying, instead. (Personally, I'd get neither... a subcompact or supermini makes infinitely more financial sense).
    I'd also get a subcompact over a hybrid (or a battery-electric vehicle) if I were seeking for cost-effectiveness. Might also consider that after a predictable 10-year lifespan, it's still cheaper to overhaul a subcompact's engine than to overhaul the engine AND replace the traction batteries of a hybrid...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
"GM Halts Chevy Volt Production Because Sales Suck"