New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Good day guys,
    I'm new member here though i am used to read stuffs from tsikot every time i have to buy a car. The things i get here are very useful. I mean i work as contractual abroad and every time i go on vacation i buy used car and sell it after. This time its different cause i'm going for a long vacation so i decided to buy a new car.
    I went for a test drive yesterday a chevy cruze LS m/t and i really felt the comfort and being an engr. believed that its design and built makes it a real safe car.
    The problem is i never owned a chevy before because i always here complains in terms of after sales like maintenance and the time it takes for a part to arrive.
    A thread here pointed out that chevy has new management but has yet to prove their commitment for to change. Just want to here direct from you cruze owners hows your experience, is there really an improvement?
    By the way i am eying the new Cruze LS 1.8 m/t. alternate altis 1.6G m/t or Lancer 2.0 EX GLX m/t
    Thank you guys and Godspeed....

2. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by andrei!!! View Post
    Good day guys,
    I'm new member here though i am used to read stuffs from tsikot every time i have to buy a car. The things i get here are very useful. I mean i work as contractual abroad and every time i go on vacation i buy used car and sell it after. This time its different cause i'm going for a long vacation so i decided to buy a new car.
    I went for a test drive yesterday a chevy cruze LS m/t and i really felt the comfort and being an engr. believed that its design and built makes it a real safe car.
    The problem is i never owned a chevy before because i always here complains in terms of after sales like maintenance and the time it takes for a part to arrive.
    A thread here pointed out that chevy has new management but has yet to prove their commitment for to change. Just want to here direct from you cruze owners hows your experience, is there really an improvement?
    By the way i am eying the new Cruze LS 1.8 m/t. alternate altis 1.6G m/t or Lancer 2.0 EX GLX m/t
    Thank you guys and Godspeed....
    Hi Andrei,

Disclosure: I'm a Cruze owner, which 6mos ago was on your same shoes of indecision

The reason I didnt go with the Altis is that:
    1. It was alot more expensive than the Cruze (LS/MT)
    2. It was almost everywhere(not necessarily a bad thing) but I don't want to be a sheep
    3. Pound for pound, Cruze beats it (design, interior, exterior)

I was close to getting Lancer EX GLX but the reasons it didnt push through is:
    1. More expensive than Cruze(despite its discount of 150K)
    2. The interior disappointed me, but its the base model after all.

I also included Ford Fiesta 1.6 S but:
    1. There was shortage of vehicle when we were interested, some took about 3 mos or more. So we didnt pursue it anymore.
    2. During that time since it was(or is) a hot item, there was no discounts yet(for the S model)

I went with the Cruze because
    1. It had the better overall package(design/interior) for the 3 cars we considered
    2. It was not so common at that time(not so anymore as I can see alot of Cruze every now and then)
    3. It was the most affordable for its features, plus Chevy made great discounts.

It's not without faults of course, it takes it time to change gears which make it appear slow. It would appear that it should've been a 2.0 engine because you can feel its bulk esp when climbing steep hill, but probably its just me being a first time driver/owner.

I'm a first time car owner and I don't have a history of bad after sales support, so I'm not sure if they've improved or not. I can only say from my experience, they called me 2x to get feedback from my dealer. I will surely know throughout the years I still have my Cruze if they'll improve or at least act towards my feedback.

But for now, I and if I can speak to the Chevrolet Cruze Club(Log In | Facebook), I am more than satisfied(enjoying in fact) with my Cruze.

Good luck on your purchase

3. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Good day bonskijr,
    Whew! thanks a lot for all those inputs... that really made me up. Am very thankful indeed. Now altis is off my list but i have one last problem because tomorrow ill be testing the EX and if you were saying it is only the interior and the cost then ill check my resources. At least i only have two options left thanks to you. I will see tomorrow what will happen but for sure cruze already has an edge.
    Best Regards,
    Andrei

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Hi Andrei,

Let me try to also answer your question. I bought the Cruze because, I also want to be a little different. Common cars are going around, which again is not bad, but I always wanted my cars to be a little different or at least, not often seen.

My unit did have manufacturer defects. I almost threw it back to them because of the hassle I experienced. It took them 3 tries to fix the problem. One bad sensor, that gave me a hassle. Fortunately, it was rectified.

Throughout the ordeal, TCCI under the new management was able to help. Although I can say, it was a hassle.

After the part was replaced, no other problem arose. But of course, I wasn't the only one to experience this or at least something like what I had. Two other Cruze owners also had their share. But I would still say, it's isolated case and something that shouldn't be alarming for now.

Mileage of my Cruze is not around 7500km ++. After my 1st PMS, which was free because of the promo I availed of, I've noticed a slight improvement of the speed and FC.

My biggest complaint is its too slow for my taste.

I would still think about buying the cruze for its price and features. but also consider Hyundai Elantra which is the same category as Cruze or go down a notch and see the Hyundai Accent.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bonskijr View Post
    Hi Andrei,

Disclosure: I'm a Cruze owner, which 6mos ago was on your same shoes of indecision

The reason I didnt go with the Altis is that:
    1. It was alot more expensive than the Cruze (LS/MT)
    2. It was almost everywhere(not necessarily a bad thing) but I don't want to be a sheep
    3. Pound for pound, Cruze beats it (design, interior, exterior)

I was close to getting Lancer EX GLX but the reasons it didnt push through is:
    1. More expensive than Cruze(despite its discount of 150K)
    2. The interior disappointed me, but its the base model after all.

I also included Ford Fiesta 1.6 S but:
    1. There was shortage of vehicle when we were interested, some took about 3 mos or more. So we didnt pursue it anymore.
    2. During that time since it was(or is) a hot item, there was no discounts yet(for the S model)

I went with the Cruze because
    1. It had the better overall package(design/interior) for the 3 cars we considered
    2. It was not so common at that time(not so anymore as I can see alot of Cruze every now and then)
    3. It was the most affordable for its features, plus Chevy made great discounts.

It's not without faults of course, it takes it time to change gears which make it appear slow. It would appear that it should've been a 2.0 engine because you can feel its bulk esp when climbing steep hill, but probably its just me being a first time driver/owner.

I'm a first time car owner and I don't have a history of bad after sales support, so I'm not sure if they've improved or not. I can only say from my experience, they called me 2x to get feedback from my dealer. I will surely know throughout the years I still have my Cruze if they'll improve or at least act towards my feedback.

But for now, I and if I can speak to the Chevrolet Cruze Club(Log In | Facebook), I am more than satisfied(enjoying in fact) with my Cruze.

Good luck on your purchase
    Sir, saang dealer mo nakuha yung sa iyo?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Makati, since I'm near to that dealership.

You may contact any of the following Showrooms | Chevrolet Philippines

Cruze owners pls. HELP!!!