New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Good pm sirs. Does any of you already replaced the keys for sonic? The buttons of mine got damaged. Also, do you recommend a genuine parts dealer for stabilizer link and brake pads? Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by SyniTh View Post
    Good pm sirs. Does any of you already replaced the keys for sonic? The buttons of mine got damaged. Also, do you recommend a genuine parts dealer for stabilizer link and brake pads? Thank you

No need to replace, just stick on some vinyl sticker over the punctured buttons & grab a Chevy silicone key fob cover from mall key stalls. Hobo.Chevy Sonic!

Thunder Automotive in Banawe carries OE Chevy parts.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    No need to replace, just stick on some vinyl sticker over the punctured buttons & grab a Chevy silicone key fob cover from mall key stalls. Hobo.Chevy Sonic!

Thunder Automotive in Banawe carries OE Chevy parts.

Thanks sir. The problem is they don’t have the silicon cover for the same design as mine (not a flip key). Atleast here in cebu.

I’ll give thunder a call. Thank you very much for being so helpful.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by SyniTh View Post
    Thanks sir. The problem is they don’t have the silicon cover for the same design as mine (not a flip key). Atleast here in cebu.

I’ll give thunder a call. Thank you very much for being so helpful.

Anytime, sir! You can buy key fob shells off ebay for cheap....
    Replacement Remote Key Shell fit for CHEVROLET Sonic Remote Key Case 3 Buttons 73213918343 | eBay

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Anytime, sir! You can buy key fob shells off ebay for cheap....
    Replacement Remote Key Shell fit for CHEVROLET Sonic Remote Key Case 3 Buttons 73213918343 | eBay

Wow thanks again. Saves me a lot of fortune.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    It's a complicated question.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Sa mga owners, do you recommend this car model? Hindi ba sakit ang ulo looking for parts and the price?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by WersUrShock View Post
    Sa mga owners, do you recommend this car model? Hindi ba sakit ang ulo looking for parts and the price?
    There are 3 units in the work fleet since 2013. Think of the Sonic as an appliance. Engine & suspension have never had problems. Just regular oil changes for maintenance. It's a regular AT, not a CVT.
    The lone trouble the units have seen has been the AC Evap Temp Sensor, PN: 95018085. It is a common Chevy fault. Php450 fix. Easy DIY replacement under the dash. For parts & consumables, Thunder Automotive carries em outside casa. Prices are comparable to just about any modern car.
    Here are the perceived pluses of the Sonic:
    -Low tech, reliable GM Family 0 1.4 NA port injected engine developed by Opel. It comes paired w/ a regular AT & hydraulic steering assist. Generally, easy to maintain.
    -This car has the odd combo parents seek as ideal 1st car for the kids. Low on power & high on FC....meaning, it'll keep em safer than the faster 1s & home more than the econo 1s.Chevy Sonic!
    -Dreaming a VW Golf? The hatch, from a distance, can be mistaken for 1.....if you're a lil under the influence.Chevy Sonic!

-And, like the Golf in Ph, it has a chance of turning into a rarity...Chevy has decided to drop the Camaro & this model.
    -You won't be mistakenly flagged for a cab.
    -Sonic here, unlike in the US, uses wheel PCD of 4x100 instead of 5x105. This means more aftermarket wheel options. An offset of et35 will set the wheels nicely flushed.
    -The suspension is solid, silent & reliable.....but on the numb side.
    -You can grab a used Sonic cheaper than most in its segment. The advantage of low resale!Chevy Sonic!
    Are you decided on 1 now, sir?Chevy Sonic!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    There are 3 units in the work fleet since 2013. Think of the Sonic as an appliance. Engine & suspension have never had problems. Just regular oil changes for maintenance. It's a regular AT, not a CVT.
    The lone trouble the units have seen has been the AC Evap Temp Sensor, PN: 95018085. It is a common Chevy fault. Php450 fix. Easy DIY replacement under the dash. For parts & consumables, Thunder Automotive carries em outside casa. Prices are comparable to just about any modern car.
    Here are the perceived pluses of the Sonic:
    -Low tech, reliable GM Family 0 1.4 NA port injected engine developed by Opel. It comes paired w/ a regular AT & hydraulic steering assist. Generally, easy to maintain.
    -This car has the odd combo parents seek as ideal 1st car for the kids. Low on power & high on FC....meaning, it'll keep em safer than the faster 1s & home more than the econo 1s.Chevy Sonic!
    -Dreaming a VW Golf? The hatch, from a distance, can be mistaken for 1.....if you're a lil under the influence.Chevy Sonic!

-And, like the Golf in Ph, it has a chance of turning into a rarity...Chevy has decided to drop the Camaro & this model.
    -You won't be mistakenly flagged for a cab.
    -Sonic here, unlike in the US, uses wheel PCD of 4x100 instead of 5x105. This means more aftermarket wheel options. An offset of et35 will set the wheels nicely flushed.
    -The suspension is solid, silent & reliable.....but on the numb side.
    -You can grab a used Sonic cheaper than most in its segment. The advantage of low resale!Chevy Sonic!
    Are you decided on 1 now, sir?Chevy Sonic!

Thanks for the long explanation. Not a car guy but I understood most of it. That is true the resale is low. I saw a post on FB and I wanted to check if the model is good (which you have answered). The only thing that affected my thinking about the Chevy is my wife, owned one before and she said it broke down. Anyway, thanks again.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    What used to be overnight delivery for LBC took 9days. They've become among the slowest now....shipping sea at air rates.Chevy Sonic!
    After that short hibernation, DIY-swapped the leaky coolant expansion tank & cap earlier today....then, bled & monitored to be back in good service order.Chevy Sonic!

Chevy Sonic!