New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Hi Chevy Owners,

I'm having a problem with my Chevy Optra's aircon. I'm hearing sounds from the compressor (that's what the Chevy Mechanic told me, it's coming from compressor). Sometimes, I can also smell a sour scent on my aircon and there are drops of water inside the car.

Chevy Pasig diagnosed that I need to replace my Compressor and they are charging 70K for it.

It's really not practical just to pay and let them do the job. I also asked Rapide, they will charge me for 25K and its really far from the original quote of Chevy but I have to wait for 1 week to finish the job.

Any advice, please help. Thanks..

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by aldwyn View Post
    Hi Chevy Owners,

I'm having a problem with my Chevy Optra's aircon. I'm hearing sounds from the compressor (that's what the Chevy Mechanic told me, it's coming from compressor). Sometimes, I can also smell a sour scent on my aircon and there are drops of water inside the car.

Chevy Pasig diagnosed that I need to replace my Compressor and they are charging 70K for it.

It's really not practical just to pay and let them do the job. I also asked Rapide, they will charge me for 25K and its really far from the original quote of Chevy but I have to wait for 1 week to finish the job.

Any advice, please help. Thanks..
    a new compressor for an optra only cost Php 14,500 or 15,000.

The sounds you heared may sometimes be normal on some old optras, but
    if it just suddenly turned out on your car then theres a problem.

the drop of water may be coming from the valve, most likely barado na at palitin
    kaya siguro you're hearing some sound from the compressor.

the compressor should also be maintained, they change the oil to avoid
    replacing. sa manual 60k mileage dapat palitan na pero kung well maintained
    then not necessary. itim na langis pag nai-drain ang compressor ay palitin na.
    i think me available na still in good condition na compressor worth mga 5-6k.

pa-diagnose mo muna ang compressor mo before replacing baka change oil lang yan.

call Mario at 0918-7801507.

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    Had mine fitted with a Sanden compressor. Mga 11k nagastos ko all in all. (kasama na expansion valve, tubes, etc)

Nainis ako kasi we tried installing 3 surplus compressors and lahat nag break down. At least now mas malakas na aircon ko. hehe.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    problem din ko nga ac ko - can't understand what's going on with my a/c one time nag travel ako to sta rosa, laguna from pasig nasa bandang southwoods ako biglang humina ang blower ng a/c then i remember sabi ng tropa i off lang muna for few minutes at i on ulit nag work naman - pero the question is bakit nangyayari ang ganito is there something wrong with the thermostat adjustment or compressor or blower? hindi ko maintindihan, appreciate your advise.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by francism171 View Post
    Had mine fitted with a Sanden compressor. Mga 11k nagastos ko all in all. (kasama na expansion valve, tubes, etc)

Nainis ako kasi we tried installing 3 surplus compressors and lahat nag break down. At least now mas malakas na aircon ko. hehe.
    saan ka nagpagawa sir? nagpaquote kc ako 28 to 32k, palit compressor, expansion valve, at filter. thanks

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by yokabamar View Post
    problem din ko nga ac ko - can't understand what's going on with my a/c one time nag travel ako to sta rosa, laguna from pasig nasa bandang southwoods ako biglang humina ang blower ng a/c then i remember sabi ng tropa i off lang muna for few minutes at i on ulit nag work naman - pero the question is bakit nangyayari ang ganito is there something wrong with the thermostat adjustment or compressor or blower? hindi ko maintindihan, appreciate your advise.
    That is due to icing. When you turn off the aircon, matutunaw ung ice and the air will flow again. =)

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007

Friend, saan ka nagpakabit ng Sanden compressor. Pa post naman ng contact details.

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    Had mine done at Jun Aircon in Kamias QC. -09192643612

if you don't want to retrofit, i agree with dndk2007 that the original bnew optra compressor just costs around 13-15k nga lang (based from my last sulit search).

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Had mine done at Jun Aircon in Kamias QC. -09192643612

if you don't want to retrofit, i agree with dndk2007 that the original bnew optra compressor just costs around 13-15k nga lang (based from my last sulit search).
    Thanks try to go there this week. Yep, canvass ako compressor for optra ave. price 14K to 15K plus cleaning and labor around P22K lahat.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Hi Guys,

Can someone possibly PM me? I just need some info that I maybe able to help regarding issue on aircon coldness.

Thanks.

Chevy Optra 2007 Aircon Problem