New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by allan302000 View Post
    Dexos II 5w40 ba ang recommended oil for TB? Ang nabili ko ay 5w30 from Thunder, hopefully they could still replace since unused pa naman and I still have with me my receipt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pwede nilang palitan yan ng Dexos II 5w40. Yan na kasi ang recommended oil para sa TBZ. Yung engine oil cap mo ba bearing the text 5w30 ay napalitan na nila ng cap na may 5w40?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    ^ Thanks, Sir G_A. Pinalitan ng Thunder, I just presented the receipt. They considered kahit almost 3 weeks na nakalipas. Nakita ko din itong NOTICE na naka-post sa kanila:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Done with all fuids changeout.
    Total labor cost = 1,300 pesos with suking shop.
    Change engine oil (6Liters), ATF (3 liters), Gear oil (3 liters). All materials from Thunder.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    1. If that zic oil meets acea c3 requirements then yes. It's should be written on the bottle. (Htts 3.5 and above)
    2. I use dex6 on my torque converter. Mag1 is an ok brand in the US.
    3. No need to open the pan. You can however do a full drain from shops with a transtech equipment.
    4. Engine coolant stick with oem.
    5. Most likely no dpf. Egr cleaning can be done by shops listed
    6. Shops can do this. I'll list below
    7. Follow 40k
    8. Underchasis nut and bolt tightening.
    9. No idea

Shops to consider
    Zix performance fb available
    Servitek full service
    Powertorq fb available

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Please try Rapidè Car Repair Shop main office. Ask for and contact the branch nearest you if it can do the job you want done. They'll supply the needed parts��
    Last edited by DreamTracker; February 18th, 2020 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Redundant wording of 'ask'

5. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumusut_Amige View Post
    Pwede nilang palitan yan ng Dexos II 5w40. Yan na kasi ang recommended oil para sa TBZ. Yung engine oil cap mo ba bearing the text 5w30 ay napalitan na nila ng cap na may 5w40?

5W40 is better than the originally prescribed 5W30 in consideration of the Philippines' warmer temperature. Maybe to lessen additional oil needs by the 4th month or so 😊
    Last edited by DreamTracker; February 18th, 2020 at 12:34 PM. Reason: correction of 'month' spelling 😊

6. Join Date
    Oct 2023
    Hi! Greetings from Argentina! Nice forum! I have a 2018 Chevrolet Trailblazer 2.8 diesel 4x4 200HP 6 gear AT, made in Brazil. I am very happy with the SUV, economical in fuel consumption (10 liters per 100 km), very comfortable for long trips. It has 56,000 km. I would like to know opinions on two topics about time lapse maintenance: 1- The owner manual advises changing the timing belt at 100,000 kms but nothing about the maximum time in years if that mileage is not reached. I only have 56,000 km and 5 years of use. What does Chevrolet Philippines recommend in these cases?
    2-What about changing the automatic transmission oil? It's Dexron VI. The manual here speaks of no change, except for severe use, it recommends changing at 80,000 km (city, short trips, carrying caravans). What exchange system do you recommend? Just open the crankcase and let the old oil flow and refill later (where much of the old oil remains) or with a dialysis machine? I've heard pros and cons for every method....
    Thank you

7. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mijoeldotor View Post
    Hi! Greetings from Argentina! Nice forum! I have a 2018 Chevrolet Trailblazer 2.8 diesel 4x4 200HP 6 gear AT, made in Brazil. I am very happy with the SUV, economical in fuel consumption (10 liters per 100 km), very comfortable for long trips. It has 56,000 km. I would like to know opinions on two topics about time lapse maintenance: 1- The owner manual advises changing the timing belt at 100,000 kms but nothing about the maximum time in years if that mileage is not reached. I only have 56,000 km and 5 years of use. What does Chevrolet Philippines recommend in these cases?
    2-What about changing the automatic transmission oil? It's Dexron VI. The manual here speaks of no change, except for severe use, it recommends changing at 80,000 km (city, short trips, carrying caravans). What exchange system do you recommend? Just open the crankcase and let the old oil flow and refill later (where much of the old oil remains) or with a dialysis machine? I've heard pros and cons for every method....
    Thank you
    Hi mijoeldotor, I have two handbooks that I can share which if you are interested, you can pm me for your email. The 1st one is for the older body released until 2016 while the other is for the newer body released 2017 onwards which include your vehicle. They have the same engine but shows different maintenance intervals on some parts. For reference, I have a 2014 Trailblazer LT 2.8 Duramax Diesel A/T.

1) Timing belt: For my 2014, it indicates 60,000 km replacement. In the handbooks I have mentioned, the older one says 60,000 km or 6 years. But the newer handbook with the same engine says 240,000 km (100,000 km for severe). Note that the handbooks I have mentioned were just downloaded from the web but these should be the same since they are specific for the Gen 2 Trailblazer with same engines.

2) Automatic Transmission Fluid: Both handbooks indicate that it doesn't need replacement.

Sent from my Xcover Pro using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Oct 2023
    Hi blacksilver323! Thank you for the answer. In South America we have 3 models, as you said the first one until 2016, the 2017 facelift, and the 2021 facelift 2. For timing belt, the owner manual (handbook) of the first generation recommend replacement at 160.000kms, the second gen at 100.000 (my model) and the newest at 240.000 (100.000 kms for severe) I do not know why so different, because the engine is the same as you said! I'm glad to see GM recommend there up to 6 years. No time lapse mention here, that was the problem, because there is no formal opinion from GM on this, so each mechanic or dealer has a different opinion. The GM timing belt part is 24591047.
    I've read at in other forum a user had the timing belt cut at 135,000 km and 7 years old, bending valves.

I guess the automatic transmission fluid must be replace. Have you replaced it?

9. Join Date
    May 2008
    Yes, I have changed the transmission fluid at 100K km but outside dealership already. I have read for Holden Colorado, the equivalent in Australia, the recommended is at 150K km (or 75K for severe usage).

10. Join Date
    May 2008
    Hi mijoeldotor, I double checked my user's manual for my 2014 Trailblazer 4X2 AT, the following are the recommendations. The previous I have mentioned above are my cross reference from other countries' handbooks for the same car variant since I think the recommendation of our dealerships here as also indicated in our user's manual are too early. Nevertheless, please refer to below:

1) Timing belt: 60,000 km or 3 years
    2) Automatic transmission fluid: 80,000 km or 4 years (40,000 km for severe operations)

Chevrolet Trailblazer Maintenance...