New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Chevrolet Trailblazer

With the rising cost of petrol and the increasing congestion of Manila roads, the launch of the new Chevrolet Trailblazer didn't come at a better time. One of America's best-loved SUVs, the Trailblazer is both as aesthetically pleasing as it is clever--something that's rarely achieved in its market segment.

The relative compact exterior is handsomely aggressive with its bulbous fenders and short overhangs. Of course, the grille split headlamps (a Chevrolet trademark), deep-tone rear lamps and five-spoke 17-inch alloy wheels add more street cred.

Beyond the looks, the Trailblazer has an integrated towing hitch and roof-mounted luggage carrier for that weekend getaway to the beach. Likewise, the side mirrors electronically fold for easier access to tight areas.

Stepping into the Trailblazer reveals its rich fabric interior with soft-feel plastics all around. It's accentuated further by a four-spoke leather steering wheel and a floor-mounted automatic selector.

It comes fully-loaded with a dual zone climate control system, in-dash CD player connected to a 6-speaker 275-watt Bose system, automatic dimming rear view mirror and power adjustable driver's seat with memory.

Peer at the back and marvel at the Trailblazer's roomy interior. It can fit 7 full-sized Americas in comfort all with their own seatbelt and air con vent. In case hauling luggage takes precedent over the clan, the Trailblazer has a split-folding second row and third row.

Performance is where this Chevy outshines its rivals with its 275 bhp, 373 Nm Vortec engine. Though it only has six cylinders and 4.2-liters of displacement, it can out-grunt most bigger V8s while maintaining excellent fuel mileage. The Ward's Autoworld winning engine is mated to a four-speed automatic with cruise control for effortless long-distance touring.

As sophisticated as its engine is the Trailblazer's all-wheel drive system. Aside from the usual 2WD, 4L and 4H modes, the Chevy can actually engage the four-wheel drive automatically, excellent for unpredictable weather. All of this can be done with the flick of a dashboard dial.

The Trailblazer has a commanding 5-star crash safety warning from the US's National Highway Traffic Safety Association (NHTSA). This will unlikely be tested given the Chevy's four-wheel disc brakes with anti-lock brakes. Dual airbags and daytime running lights complete the safety package.

The cost of all this kit comes at a very competitive 1.995 million pesos. With such a good introductory price, the Chevrolet Trailblazer will surely be snapped up by the affluent and influential alike. Nothing comes close to its excellent value for money and solid American engineering.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    uy nandito na yan, pati yung nemesis niya.

Ford Explorer.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Soccer mom SUV's.

Even if it becomes old enough to be off-roadable, I don't think it will have the ability to do so...

Get a Patrol and in about six years, you have the perfect toy for blasting through the megadike or conquering Hi-Peak. hehehehe.

That's something worth thinking about.

I guess it's good enough onroad. But so is a minivan and a minivan has more room to boot.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my dad and i were considering getting one nung unang labas....

kaya lang...bigla silang nagmahal at nawala ang discount.tapos naubusan kami ng black na color....

it's black or nothing for us.haaayyy...

Chevrolet Trailblazer