New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    So for example for family use within the city and occasional long drives to provinces like Manila-Bicol and Manila to other provinces..which would be much better the AT or MT? Diesel or Gas? I'm planning to own one sana given the much cheaper price...Hopefully meron mag post ng Full Specs nya besides the short specs mentioned above..like ano mga added features nya both sa exterior and interior. as well as mga safety features....
    Also ano po take nyo about its handling and stability..thanks

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by memnoch View Post
    So for example for family use within the city and occasional long drives to provinces like Manila-Bicol and Manila to other provinces..which would be much better the AT or MT? Diesel or Gas? I'm planning to own one sana given the much cheaper price...Hopefully meron mag post ng Full Specs nya besides the short specs mentioned above..like ano mga added features nya both sa exterior and interior. as well as mga safety features....
    Also ano po take nyo about its handling and stability..thanks
    Road Test - Chevrolet Spin LTZ 1.5 M/T - CarMall

Check mo to. Road test ng Spin sa Indonesia.
    Kung family use lang within the city, ok na rin ung Gas. Pero pag long drives na loaded kayo, mas ok diesel. Meron ako 1.3 avanza dati, although kaya naman, ramdam mo hirap na ung makina pag puno tsaka paahon. kelangan palagi ka naka bwelo pag paakyat.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008

eto check mo. road test ng Spin sa indonesia.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    I saw those posts at Top Gear PH website. Typical immature posts by the immature people there. For me the overall design of the Spin is ok. Its better than the current generation Avanza in my opinion and this mini MPV is the first one in its class to offer a diesel engine.
    Sana maglabas na rin toyota ng diesel avanza para mas gumanda competition at mas marami pagpilian mga consumers. tutal matagal na rin ginagamit sa euro market ung 1.4 D4D engine.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by memnoch View Post
    So for example for family use within the city and occasional long drives to provinces like Manila-Bicol and Manila to other provinces..which would be much better the AT or MT? Diesel or Gas? I'm planning to own one sana given the much cheaper price...Hopefully meron mag post ng Full Specs nya besides the short specs mentioned above..like ano mga added features nya both sa exterior and interior. as well as mga safety features....Also ano po take nyo about its handling and stability..thanks
    check mo tong link. road test ng spin sa indonesia.

Petrol engines sound too underpowered, even the 1.8L SOHC 8-valve used in Latin American versions feels more suitable. But the Diesel version is a good option...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Found this review of Spin from Indonesian website below:

From the above review, the A/C vents seem to be built into the ceiling like the Trailblazer:

"...Now let's switch to the second row. The feature the Chevrolet counts on here is the double blower AC. the holes of which are integrated to the ceiling. This is definitely different from most double blower units that occupy the headroom on the second row. Additionally the AC can be adjusted by the second row passengers..."

In the new-car section of the same website, the line-up includes a 1.3 diesel putting out 75 bhp and 190 nm. The power isn't much better than a 1.2L gasoline engine's, but the torque output beats many 1.8L gasoline engines.

A small MPV with a diesel -- very interesting!

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    1.3 CRDi with 190 NM torque? That's more torque than a typical 1.8L gasoline engine. Very interesting!

There's mention of AC vents integrated into the ceiling in the Indonesian review below:

"Now let's switch to the second row. The feature the Chevrolet Spin counts on here is the double blower AC, the holes of which are integrated to the ceiling. This is definitely different from most double blower units that occupy the headroom on the second row. Additionally, the AC can be adjusted by the second row passengers."

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Nytherr View Post
    Engines:
    1.2, 1229cc, 4-Cylinder DOHC, 16-Valve, Dual VVT-i, 86 hp, 115Nm
    1.3, 1248cc, 4-Cylinder, Common Rail, Direct Injection Turbo, 75 hp, 190Nm
    1.5, 1485cc, 4-Cylinder, DOHC, 16-Valve, Dual VVT-i, 106 hp, 141Nm

Brakes:
    Front: Ventilated Disc
    Rear: Drum

Suspension:
    Front: Independent Type MacPherson
    Rear: Semi Independent Torsion Beam

Dimensions:
    L x W x H: 4260 x 1735 x 1665 mm
    Wheelbase: 2620 mm
    Fuel Tank Capacity: 50 liters

Trims:
    IDR 139,700,000 = ~PHP 592,930 1.2 LS 5-speed MT FWD
    IDR 153,700,000 = ~PHP 652,350 1.2 LT 5-speed MT FWD
    IDR 160,700,000 = ~PHP 682,060 1.5 LT 5-speed MT FWD
    IDR 167,700,000 = ~PHP 711,770 1.5 LTZ 5-speed MT FWD
    IDR 178,700,000 = ~PHP 758,460 1.5 LTZ 6-speed AT Tiptronic FWD (ABS + EBD)
    IDR 179,700,000 = ~PHP 762,700 1.3 LT 5-speed MT FWD
    IDR 189,700,000 = ~PHP 805,150 1.3 LTZ 5-speed MT FWD
    May candidate na ako pamalit sa '02 Revo diesel ko...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12