New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    kaya it looks like a hearse because when viewed sideways, it is very long IMO
    I see, but I do hope your not saying that it is an ugly wagon. (though it is long but not ugly)

Anyways, if that's what you guys meant, then I guess it's my mistake and I apologize for it.

In truth, wagons are nice and are great vehicles. It's just too bad that there are certain pinoys who don't like wagons in general without seeing that there are some wagons (like the M35 Stagea) that truly live up to the word "station wagon"/"tourer" (and the Optra Wagon is probably not one of them ).

Anyways, let's get back.

Basti08 menitoned about what this car is based on.

Well to answer basti08, when I meant by M35, I wasn't referring at all to the Nissan Fuga/Infiniti M (Y50), but rather I was referring to its chassis no./model code number.

Just like the model numbers of certain vehicles:
    -Stagea = m35
    -Lancer Evo 7 & 8 = CT9A
    -7th gen CIVIC = ES and EU
    -Mazda RX-7 = FD3S
    -Honda JDM Odyssey = RB1 and RB2
    -Honda Accord (US & ASEAN) = CM 5 and CM 6
    -X-Trail = T30
    -Nissan Murano = J50

and so on...

Hope this clears things up.

Lastly, to answer the comment of number001 on pricing, yes I agree that the minimum would not get any lower than 1 million. In fact, the price range (after converting Japanese Yen to I computed for was around 1.3 million to around 1.8 million.

I didn't include any other taxes, import fees and other surcharges.

But looking by it, is does seem quite reasonable. (350RX w/ 3.5 V6 engine for only 1.5 million and it's a wagon already).

We need a stylish & amazing wagon like this (and not some wagon version of a rebaged vehicle).

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Optra? gass guzler tapos (tanong lng) okey nba aircon nila? hehe

nissan wow.. ginaw pati makena malamig.. wakokokko!

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Naku, may kalaban na ang Mazda 3 hatch (hindi naman talaga hatch) sa mga mukhang hearse.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by picantorange
    sa mga mukhang hearse.
    I do hope you're only referring to the Optra Wagon AND NOT the Stagea.

Are you???

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Nope. Just the MZ3 hearse and the Optra hearse.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    stagea na lang ako.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    I think the Chevy wagon missed one very important feature... retractable kurtina sa likod, para kompleto na package...for a hearse.

on a side note, somebody's really holding up for the nissan wagon too. peace!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If it's brought in, it really should be the 2.0, and MT. The AT on the Optra is a power-sucking fuel hog.

It would be a nice niche product, and good for Chevy's portfolio, but let's see if buyers will warm up to it after all the Optra horror stories.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Available na yung Optra Station Wagon sa lahat ng Chevrolet dealers here.1.6 liter lang siya at priced at around 789,000 ang M/T at 834,000 ang A/T variant.Ok naman siya.HOY Carlo nasa Chevrolet Manila nakadisplay yung Optra Station Wagon!

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    surprised they bothered bringing it in...
    well, after they brought the lumina in..it's not too much of a surprise anymore

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Chevrolet Optra Wagon is here