New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Hey guys,

I have a problem with my optra 2004. Everytime I don't use it for like 3-4 days, and then i start the car, i hear strong clanking nice around the engine area and everytime I leave it idling for 10 mins-15 mins, the noise is gone. I'm not sure if this is a problem but i want to assure first. Has anyone experienced this? The car ran for like 34k kilometers.

Please advise.

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jepjob View Post
    Hey guys,

I have a problem with my optra 2004. Everytime I don't use it for like 3-4 days, and then i start the car, i hear strong clanking nice around the engine area and everytime I leave it idling for 10 mins-15 mins, the noise is gone. I'm not sure if this is a problem but i want to assure first. Has anyone experienced this? The car ran for like 34k kilometers.

Please advise.

Thanks.

when was your last tune up? ... maybe you can have someone check the ignition timing.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    I'm not sure actually. But if ever i want to have it tuned up, do i need to go to the chev service center or any mechanics (example: from shell service station) can do this?

thanks in advance.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    if the car is not used for that long 3 to 4 days it is most likely that all the oil is down the oil pan

moving parts are not yet well lubricated that is why it is making some clanking noise at start ups it will really take some minutes to normalize just let it warm up 1st

is the sound like marbles in a bottle?

if its like that then that would be it

there is no problem in your engine

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Yes sir, sounds like exactly what you said.

thanks for the responses!

Chevrolet Optra 2004