Hi there,

New owner of a 2nd Hand - 2006 Chevrolet Aveo LS Hatchback MT. I wonder where you guys go for maintenance service for your cars. Like a mechanic. I heard not all mechanics knows this car particularly well.
I recently measured my FC, and was shocked that I was just averaging 6.43 for City Driving. We had a 135.6 km run at 21.072 Liters of Gasoline spent. I did a Full tank first then drive then full tank again method. Seems a bit low. So I was thinking of making a trip to a familiar mechanic in Manila area. BTW, I live near Caloocan City Hall. I wanted it to be checked whether there was a chance to improve its FC condition. A tune up perhaps. But problem is, the car doesn't have an RPM gage. So I didn't know if the idle of the car is so high that it consumes too much gas on idle.
Could just a car mechanic handle this for me? or should I look for perhaps the Mario they were referring to here in Tsikot forums?

Another thing is, were having trouble with it during traffic. Its a bit hard to maneuver in the first gear. When you change shift on the first gear, then put on a little gas and release the clutch pedal a bit, parang sumusubsob. mabigat yung clutch. One method I did was not to wear any shoes while driving which made driving it a bit easier. And pansin ko maski naka segunda kahit mabagal na mabagal hindi namamatayan. Maski nga primera basta wag sobra bagal. Kaya ang thinking ko mataas ang menor. Parang napaisip tuloy ako if hahayaan ko na lang ganun kalakas sa konsumo if di kaya ng ordinary mechanic.

Any ideas or advices will be appreciated. Since I'm a new owner and all and don't know anything about the car.