New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    I recently bought a Chevrolet Captiva 2.0 Diesel. I'm having a hard time to sync my ipod. Usually it does not show the playlist but after reconnecting it several times I can access my playlists. It also disconnects after several songs.

My friend who has a Nissan Patrol with Ipod connection says that the ipod connection with local cars is faulty.

Anyone with the same problem? Should I get mad at Chevrolet or not? I'm thinking if the unit is faulty from the beginning then I will be just wasting my time having it fix. I'll just use mp3 cds but I really want to use that freaking ipod connection with my ipod!

ADVICE PLEASE!!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tofiluk View Post
    I recently bought a Chevrolet Captiva 2.0 Diesel. I'm having a hard time to sync my ipod. Usually it does not show the playlist but after reconnecting it several times I can access my playlists. It also disconnects after several songs.

My friend who has a Nissan Patrol with Ipod connection says that the ipod connection with local cars is faulty.

Anyone with the same problem? Should I get mad at Chevrolet or not? I'm thinking if the unit is faulty from the beginning then I will be just wasting my time having it fix. I'll just use mp3 cds but I really want to use that freaking ipod connection with my ipod!

ADVICE PLEASE!!!
    Will ask my friend if he can help you with this. Will give you feedback once he is online.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Sir i just got a captiva and wala naman problem sa sync ng ipod. I can suggest to have it checked with your dealer. Baka may onting adjustment lang na kelangan sir. We if you experience more problems with your captiva, we can help you. I am making a group for captiva owners. We can share insights and solutions to our car's problem.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Many, many iPod jacks on local cars are simply not compatible with the newer generation iPods. And I don't know if they would have the firmware upgrade to cure this at the dealership, most likely only the manufacturer of the head units would be able to answer this.

This is not limited the Chevrolet. I can't count the number of times we've had trouble syncing iPods to new cars.

Check first that your iPod cable is not what's causing the problem. If it works fine with everything else, the best solution would be to use the aux-cable input instead... which is what we do with most test units, in the end.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    I agree niky... Medyo nagloloko ang ipod connection minsan. Naisip ko lang, baka sa version nf ipod/itouch siguro ito. Pero dinala ko na sa dealer ko, wala naman daw problem sa cable. Kasi gumana yung ibang ipod na tinesting nila.

Pati pala sa ibang oto nagkakaprob din.

With regards to gps, dami pala nakukuha sa net na mga interface para sa gps. sumubok lang ako ng isa. Pero ibang sd card ginamit ko. para pwede ibalik yung orig.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Ay captiva po pala ito. Hehehe! Sorry guys.. Naisip ko po kasi may sarili cable ang ipod para maka sync sa oto. Baka iba po sa captiva.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevyboy View Post
    I agree niky... Medyo nagloloko ang ipod connection minsan. Naisip ko lang, baka sa version nf ipod/itouch siguro ito. Pero dinala ko na sa dealer ko, wala naman daw problem sa cable. Kasi gumana yung ibang ipod na tinesting nila.

Pati pala sa ibang oto nagkakaprob din.

With regards to gps, dami pala nakukuha sa net na mga interface para sa gps. sumubok lang ako ng isa. Pero ibang sd card ginamit ko. para pwede ibalik yung orig.
    Yup. If their iPods work, then it's your iPod. But there's nothing wrong with your iPod... it's just that the firmware of many of these units are not compatible with the new iPods. You might even have to downgrade to iPod classic ... but in the end, the easiest answer is to just use the aux cable and set your playlist from your iPod. ;)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Thank you for the reply guys! Looks like other manufacturers are having problem with ipod sync. I guess AUX is the best way to go! Thanks for the reply! Sayang lang un ipod sync! haha

Captiva GPS with Back up cam IPOD Problem.