New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Guys,

I just saw sa newspaper ads kanina that there is a New Chevy Captiva 7 seater. Is this the same body? or a new one ? The prices are competitive specially the 4x2 gas... any feedback?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasVN View Post
    Guys,

I just saw sa newspaper ads kanina that there is a New Chevy Captiva 7 seater. Is this the same body? or a new one ? The prices are competitive specially the 4x2 gas... any feedback?

Thanks!
    7 seater captive been around since 4th quarter of last year it has new 17 inch alloy rims the rest are the same...

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    Hello, Has anyone been using the new Captiva CRDi 7 seater? I would like to know your experiences about this car if possible. When I saw it in the mall today, it seems I already liked it inside and out. I like the two additional seats at the back. Eventhough the say it look a bit congested at the back, surely those two seat will be a big help should there be a need for extra two people every now and then. Also its CRDi so i think this car has everything i want for a midsize suv.

Because I'm seriously considering to buy one, please advse which dealer has the best package? Im leaning toward low DP with all-in promo if there is.

Also please share your experiences as to its power, acceleration, gas consumption and maintenance cost.

Any information about this car will be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Insomnia

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Read along, check out the previous pages. Basically, the 5 seater and the 7 seater are the same except for the seating configuration. Power of the crdi is very good, di ako nabibitin to overtake, enough power for me. My wife usually drives it from Dagupan city to Quezon city and vice versa without any complaints. She does a lot of out of town driving. My ride is 2 yrs old with more than 50 thou km on the odo and wala pa problema. Diesel consumption is fairly good. It can do 12 -14 km/L hiway driving. City much lesser.

Quote Originally Posted by insomnia88 View Post
    Hello, Has anyone been using the new Captiva CRDi 7 seater? I would like to know your experiences about this car if possible. When I saw it in the mall today, it seems I already liked it inside and out. I like the two additional seats at the back. Eventhough the say it look a bit congested at the back, surely those two seat will be a big help should there be a need for extra two people every now and then. Also its CRDi so i think this car has everything i want for a midsize suv.

Because I'm seriously considering to buy one, please advse which dealer has the best package? Im leaning toward low DP with all-in promo if there is.

Also please share your experiences as to its power, acceleration, gas consumption and maintenance cost.

Any information about this car will be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Insomnia

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The seats are a bit more comfortable than in the Fortuner, as they give you just enough wiggle room to keep from cramping up, but the lack of sliders on the second row make it really hard to get in and out of them.

The ride of the Captiva is actually pretty good, and the CRDi engine is very nice, punchy at low speeds, with a good 5 speed auto... economy, I'll have to defer to raquino, because the test unit I drove had just 1000 kilometers on the odometer.

It handles somewhat better than the Santa Fe, but not nearly as well as the Tucson. The Maxxis tires suck. The seats are kind of flat, so if you drive around curves a lot, you'll keep sliding off.

The new Sorento is a better car... and the Santa Fe has better seats and more space... but they're both more expensive in similar spec.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    niky, raquino,

thanks. it seems its really good for its price then. i'm happy to hear you are happy with your captiva. 12-14km is fairly good for its size.

Yes i agree with the seats being flat. napasin ko agad yun. anyway its minor thing for me. hindi naman ako matulin magpatakb

How about maintenance cost? i heard mahal daw sa casa? pero sa tingin ko lahat ng casa mahal naman talaga be it toyota, honda, nissan...

i think im 90% decided at this point.

thanks for your help.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    the ongoing promo for crdi variant is so tempting 40%dp and zero interest for 18 months and a huge 60T discount for cash buyer....

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by saipeme View Post
    the ongoing promo for crdi variant is so tempting 40%dp and zero interest for 18 months and a huge 60T discount for cash buyer....
    Kumuha ka na.. AFAIK may 2011 Captiva na parating na with new front grille at 2.2 VCDi engine pero malamang sa 2011 pa yan darating!

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by eggman View Post
    Kumuha ka na.. AFAIK may 2011 Captiva na parating na with new front grille at 2.2 VCDi engine pero malamang sa 2011 pa yan darating!
    any photo or info about upgrade apart from the engine?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by saipeme View Post
    any photo or info about upgrade apart from the engine?

See this link for the spied photo of the facelifted 2.2 liter VCDI Captiva.

http://indianautosblog.com/2010/01/s...captiva-diesel

Captiva 7 seater