New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    If you're considering this car, please be careful. Check the reliability ratings of Consumer Reports and this car gets a poor rating. Even in JD Power Associates report.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    I already got the car and got the darn timing belt replaced. First off I got the timing belt in Fronte in Banawe, parts are available elsewhere. And the friendly neighborhood skilled mechanic was able to replace it. I also did my homework on how to replace the timing belt, which was a walk in the park for the mechanic because aside from his years of experience being a mechanic the manual from deawootech.com helped too.

I think the bad feedback was about a DOHC engine, I realized I think I was too worried about the articles I read in the internet. The engine on the Aveo I got was a SOHC 1.5 LT, so I'm guessing this wouldn't be one of the engines having timing belt issues. But nevertheless I had it changed.

The timing belt tensionaire and water pump I would to find. And which reminds me the Aveo's on the internet having issues had plastic roller tensionaires. The one installed in my Aveo came with a metal roller. So it might be a bit durable than the other types which is made of plastic.

Also there's this shop in Marikina R. Pasual was the shop yata and one of the mechanics worked with GM for 20 years in Saudi so I'm guessing he might be familiar with replacing timing belts for our Chevy's.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
aveo HB 2004 to buy or not