New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    I've been wondering if I'll buy the Aveo HB I saw posted in one of the ads. I've been going through the threads and looks like there are real issues with after market service and parts being so expensive. Any feedback would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rukia View Post
    I've been wondering if I'll buy the Aveo HB I saw posted in one of the ads. I've been going through the threads and looks like there are real issues with after market service and parts being so expensive. Any feedback would be highly appreciated. Thanks.
    How much is it? I own an '07 Aveo sedan and i'm very satisfied with it. Aftermarket parts are ok as long as you know where to buy. I just bought all my filters (oil, air, fuel, a/c) outside the casa. My oil change cost me 5k. That's already fully synthetic so i only need to change oil every 10k km.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by drin21 View Post
    How much is it? I own an '07 Aveo sedan and i'm very satisfied with it. Aftermarket parts are ok as long as you know where to buy. I just bought all my filters (oil, air, fuel, a/c) outside the casa. My oil change cost me 5k. That's already fully synthetic so i only need to change oil every 10k km.
    Hey thanks for getting back to me. It's selling at 265K, the owner got it 2008. I went to see it a while back and sariwa pa siya, it's good as new. I asked the owner, parts and service is not that hard, unlike before. I just do hope it's the real thing. by the way chief would you mind giving me a tip where do you get your aftermarket parts. Also I read in other articles in the internet about a timing belt that snaps before it reached 60K miles and damaging most parts of the engine to render it useles (either you change the engine or have it overhauled) that's one thing keeping me from getting the car, but other than that sariwang sariwa pa siya. thanks

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Hey thanks for getting back to me. It's selling at 265K, the owner got it 2008. I went to see it a while back and sariwa pa siya, it's good as new. I asked the owner, parts and service is not that hard, unlike before. I just do hope it's the real thing. by the way chief would you mind giving me a tip where do you get your aftermarket parts. Also I read in other articles in the internet about a timing belt that snaps before it reached 60K miles and damaging most parts of the engine to render it useles (either you change the engine or have it overhauled) that's one thing keeping me from getting the car, but other than that sariwang sariwa pa siya. thanks
    that is a bargain for a 2008 model, especially if it's A/T. just be sure there were no major repairs done on it.

about the parts, if you live in, live near, or if you often go to Manila, then you will have no problem. although i am only pertaining to maintenance parts like oil filters. i don't know if major parts are easy to find because i haven't experienced any major repairs yet. here's the shop:

Quote Originally Posted by JoshII
    Thunder Automotive
    Araneta cor Quezon Avenue
    Tel# 742-6218 and 732-9358

land mark (Metrobank branch, with in the same building)

Parts & accessories for American & European cars
    about the timing belt, it is indicated on the Aveo manual that it should be inspected every oil change or 10k km. it is yours and the mechanic's responsibility to inspect it and decide if replacement is already necessary. i think every 50k km is a good time to replace it.

my suggestions:
    1. ask the owner about the fuel consumption. it'll be much better if you can check the FC yourself if you have gas-money to spare.
    2. check the maintenace records of the car.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    that is a bargain for a 2008 model, especially if it's A/T. just be sure there were no major repairs done on it.

about the parts, if you live in, live near, or if you often go to Manila, then you will have no problem. although i am only pertaining to maintenance parts like oil filters. i don't know if major parts are easy to find because i haven't experienced any major repairs yet. here's the shop:

about the timing belt, it is indicated on the Aveo manual that it should be inspected every oil change or 10k km. it is yours and the mechanic's responsibility to inspect it and decide if replacement is already necessary. i think every 50k km is a good time to replace it.

my suggestions:
    1. ask the owner about the fuel consumption. it'll be much better if you can check the FC yourself if you have gas-money to spare.
    2. check the maintenace records of the car.

Sorry my bad, car was purchased 2006 sold 2008 and then now sold to us 2010. *55,000 kms. So I guess I'll have to get the timing belt replaced ASAP. I don't want to end up breaking up the engine. Thank you for your recommendations. I'll have the oil changed and also the timing belt replaced.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Sorry my bad, car was purchased 2006 sold 2008 and then now sold to us 2010. *55,000 kms. So I guess I'll have to get the timing belt replaced ASAP. I don't want to end up breaking up the engine. Thank you for your recommendations. I'll have the oil changed and also the timing belt replaced.
    According to my '07 Aveo manual, the timing belt must be replaced at 60k km. My bad. I guess you can still wait for another 5k km before replacing it. But it's up to you.

Anyway, good luck with the car.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    According to my '07 Aveo manual, the timing belt must be replaced at 60k km. My bad. I guess you can still wait for another 5k km before replacing it. But it's up to you.

Anyway, good luck with the car.
    Thanks bro. Just called the shop re: timing belt.. walang stock. i'll check other shops sana meron. else i'l have to resort via an online purchase. yikes.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Thanks bro. Just called the shop re: timing belt.. walang stock. i'll check other shops sana meron. else i'l have to resort via an online purchase. yikes.
    update me here sir regarding the timing belt's purchase and replacement. my car's 50k is also approaching. thanks!

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Service * Chevrolet Quezon Ave said that it will cost 13K for parts and wala pang labor yun. (I guess bite the bullet ako pag walang choice)

The previous owner said that they had it serviced at Juno cars (bad feedback) so I'm kinda hesitant to bring it dun.

Last option is to outsource the part either via online and then have it done by our trusty mechanic. Searched online DIY on how to replace the timing belt, and needs a special tool which will cost a fortune, buti nalang may work around.

Haven't checked pa din naman sa banawe for parts, hopefully meron.

Yes by the way pinableed ko yung rear right brake, yung master cylinder mismo walang part, good thing may "repair" kit. so far so good wala pa naman leak :D

10. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Service * Chevrolet Quezon Ave said that it will cost 13K for parts and wala pang labor yun. (I guess bite the bullet ako pag walang choice)

The previous owner said that they had it serviced at Juno cars (bad feedback) so I'm kinda hesitant to bring it dun.

Last option is to outsource the part either via online and then have it done by our trusty mechanic. Searched online DIY on how to replace the timing belt, and needs a special tool which will cost a fortune, buti nalang may work around.

Haven't checked pa din naman sa banawe for parts, hopefully meron.

Yes by the way pinableed ko yung rear right brake, yung master cylinder mismo walang part, good thing may "repair" kit. so far so good wala pa naman leak :D
    mahal nga sa casa. now i have an idea how much mine would cost.

hopefully you will be able to replace the timing belt outside the casa. i'm pretty sure it would be cheaper.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
aveo HB 2004 to buy or not