Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    you cant justify a bad buy 2016 Chevrolet Sail

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Relying on peso/km will not yield conclusive result since price varies every week, per gas station.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
    Agree. Km/L and price variance should be the factors considered to get an apples-to-apples comparison.

As I showed above, since average FC (km/L) is the same, 95 ron turns out more expensive. Not by much, but it certainly isn't cheaper.

Now, there are some cars that benefit from 95 RON. The turbo Subarus and Civic RS come to mind. Even if the RS can run well on 91, independent dynos show about 5 hp more with 95.

But if your car has a basic NA gas engine, chances are 91 will be fine unless specified by the manufacturer in the manual.

Not to fret though, as I showed, the difference is only 15 cents per km for 95. In a year if you travel 12,000 km, that's just P1,800 which isn't even enough for a full tank.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    There's no reason buying this chevy sail. Walang edge over the competition whether it's price, features, space, or etc.. ganun rin naman ibang model nila. Walang edge sa competition. Trailblazer lang na very powerful engine. Pero malakas din naman engine ng ibang ppv

Sent from my HM 1S using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    There's no reason buying this chevy sail. Walang edge over the competition whether it's price, features, space, or etc.. ganun rin naman ibang model nila. Walang edge sa competition. Trailblazer lang na very powerful engine. Pero malakas din naman engine ng ibang ppv

Sent from my HM 1S using Tapatalk
    i believe this says it all.
    a sales consultant once said, "a new product that does not have any advantage over the current competition, is doomed to fail".

5. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Agree. Km/L and price variance should be the factors considered to get an apples-to-apples comparison.

As I showed above, since average FC (km/L) is the same, 95 ron turns out more expensive. Not by much, but it certainly isn't cheaper.

Now, there are some cars that benefit from 95 RON. The turbo Subarus and Civic RS come to mind. Even if the RS can run well on 91, independent dynos show about 5 hp more with 95.

But if your car has a basic NA gas engine, chances are 91 will be fine unless specified by the manufacturer in the manual.

Not to fret though, as I showed, the difference is only 15 cents per km for 95. In a year if you travel 12,000 km, that's just P1,800 which isn't even enough for a full tank.

I was actually backing you up regarding kissmets inquiry. Full tank method, Distance and km/l avg and not km/peso is the only way to get a good approximation how your car is reacting to lower RON vs higher RON.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    I was actually backing you up regarding kissmets inquiry. Full tank method, Distance and km/l avg and not km/peso is the only way to get a good approximation how your car is reacting to lower RON vs higher RON.

Yes bro that's why I concurred with your post. 2016 Chevrolet Sail

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i believe this says it all.
    a sales consultant once said, "a new product that does not have any advantage over the current competition, is doomed to fail".
    rhyme with this sail! 2016 Chevrolet Sail

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    chinese gas guzzler

Now, before getting to the subject of driving, it’s best to reserve a few words to describe the Sail’s styling: it’s…what car is this again?

At 4,000 rpm or peak torque, you’ll begin to swear you’re driving a diesel. Accompanying the vocal-ness, there’s also some minute vibration that’s more reminiscent of a 3-cylinder rather than a 4-cylinder one.
    a week’s driving in city traffic only managed 6.75 km/L. That’s already well in the range of a gas-powered compact crossovers or larger-engined compact sedan.

Review: 217 Chevrolet Sail 1.5 LTZ | ************ - Philippine Car News, Car Reviews, Car Features, Car Buyer's Guide and Car Prices.

dapat na sail kasi kukunin ko pero spark ang napili ko dahil mas mura and may sedan naman na kami. saka nag downgrade sila ng infotainment from 9inch android screen. nung di ko pa naiisip ung spark. nag research ako sa group nila sa fb and pinost ko ung review ng carguid. i want to hear it kasi sa mga owners talaga. nagulat naman ako lahat naman don ng nag response sa post ko sobrang happy sa performance ng sail nila malayong malayo sa sinasabi ng carguide review. nag tataka nga sila san nakuha ng carguide ung pinag sasabi nila. saka bago ko ipost yan sa wall ng group nila wala ako nakikitang reklamo ng mga owners sa performance ng sail nila

9. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    chinese gas guzzler

Now, before getting to the subject of driving, it’s best to reserve a few words to describe the Sail’s styling: it’s…what car is this again?

At 4,000 rpm or peak torque, you’ll begin to swear you’re driving a diesel. Accompanying the vocal-ness, there’s also some minute vibration that’s more reminiscent of a 3-cylinder rather than a 4-cylinder one.
    a week’s driving in city traffic only managed 6.75 km/L. That’s already well in the range of a gas-powered compact crossovers or larger-engined compact sedan.

Review: 217 Chevrolet Sail 1.5 LTZ | ************ - Philippine Car News, Car Reviews, Car Features, Car Buyer's Guide and Car Prices.

dapat sail din ang bibilhin ko hindi spark. pero nag spark ako dahil sa mas mura, may sedan na kami saka nag downgrade ung infotainment nila. deal breaker ung nawala ung 9inch na android. pero takang taka ako nung nabasa ko ung review na yan nung nag test drive ako ang lakas ng hatak and peppy naman engine. sabi ko nga parang ung lancer namin to. AT na sail yan guys ah yung 1.5. then nabasa ko yang carguide review na yan na bother ako. kaya sumali ako sa group ng sail. i want to hear sa mga real owners. and lahat naman sila masyang masaya sa performance and specially power pinost ko kasi yang review na yan eh. wala sila idea sa sinabi ng review dahil wala naman naka experience ng ganyan. ang tinitignan ko din mga prev post ng mga owner wala din mga reklamo about sa sail nila. kaya tingin di totoo yan. kung di ko lang nakita ung spark panigurado naka sail ako.

tignan mo rin ung test drive ni james deaking 140kph wala naman ung hirap ung makina and nasa normal na RPM level naman sya.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456