New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 381 of 442 FirstFirst ... 281331371377378379380381382383384385391431 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,810 of 4415
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    Just a suggestion, try to go to Biñan, Laguna. That's the nearest Chevy casa to you. It's better to let the casa do the oil change than DIY. And strict ang Chevy pagdating sa oil na gagamitin for the Trailblazer. Hindi pwedeng kung ano anong oil lang. Better to be safe than sorry. Don't worry Chevy Philippines told me that there will be a Chevy Naga that will start construction before the year ends.

One of our members from Masbate nagtiyatiyagang bumiyahe pa ng Manila para lang mag PMS. If he can do it, you can also do it.

Thanks for the advise sir numbah, but i really cant go even to laguna just for change oil, anyway i've done changing oil my other cars myself before like chevy captiva, i never had a problem with it, and i dont even claim any warranty, maybe its because family use cars namin, we dont have drivers unless necessary. And its kinda my passion to kalikot my units hehe.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Busy.boi View Post
    Thanks for the advise sir numbah, but i really cant go even to laguna just for change oil, anyway i've done changing oil my other cars myself before like chevy captiva, i never had a problem with it, and i dont even claim any warranty, maybe its because family use cars namin, we dont have drivers unless necessary. And its kinda my passion to kalikot my units hehe.
    What I can advise you is this: habang wala pang Chevy dyan, use mineral oil na API CI-4 or CJ-4 with 15W40 viscosity. Yan lang pwedeng alternative sa fully synthetic oil na pang TB according to Chevrolet Philippines.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    numbah,
    i'm also waiting for the 4x2 AT of TB.
    i want to know if engine is the same as 4x4,

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    i'm waiting for the 4x4 AT also and God willing, i might be able to buy one

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by RTS View Post
    *Batang Pasig
    What you mentioned are minor things, I agree with you about the horn, that's the first thing I did pinalitan ko ng Bosch two tone, Injoy & drive safely(Bunk Mate?)
    Yah, those are minor, nonetheless I reported and documented them right away so they would know early on I have nothing to do with those scratches/defects and have them replaced by virtue of warranty.

But I spoke too soon, just had one bad day with my new TB today. For those who traversed EDSA-Ortigas southbound aroound 5:30-7:00pm today which was heavy traffic, my 1-week old TB LTZ caused it. Got stucked and stalled at the top of the flyover going left turn to Rosario-Pasig near Robinsons Galleria. At the middle of the flyover, noticed that the yellow Engine Check indicator light went on and the panel briefly showed "Low Oil Pressure" warning, then engine stalled and never started again. Battery is good, half tank full of fuel, 1/4 temperature, oil is ok per dip stick and no leaks, and engine cranks well but doesn't start. My best guess (just my gut feel) is either busted oil pressure sensor sending wrong signal to computer box to cut off engine, or maybe the computer box itself, or maybe the fuel injection system malfunctioned.

It's my first time to experience stalling on a brand new car, never experienced this with my other new cars. It is more frustrating than experiencing it with an old car. Called up Jeff Rivera of Chevy Commonwealth right away and he gave me the road assistance number of Chevy (keep this number 751-2438). While waiting for the Chevy accredited tow truck, 2 MMDA traffic officers on morcycle came and assisted in the monstrous traffic that buit up already. They were so patient in assisting me, always asking the whereabouts of the tow truck. It rained hard worsening the situation, and the tow truck arrived only after 1.5hrs of waiting. There were 2 MMDA tow trucks that actually came by but we (even the MMDA traffic officers) did not allow them to tow the TB because they have no flatbed, may only cause damage on the front bumper and on the drivetrain, etc. And to top it all, the MMDA officer talked to me (apologetically) that they have no choice but to issue Traffic Ticket to me for the obstruction, which obviously I have no choice but to accept the guilt, good thing is they did not take my license and it just costs only P350.00 to be paid via Metrobank (but maybe have to charge this to Chevy :-( ). Finally the flatbed tow truck came at 7pm and sent my TB to Commonwealth. Tomorrow will go there to visit the unit and discuss the matter with the dealer and would really like to understand what happened to my unit.

Again it was so frustrating and had taken away my excitement on my new TB, I'm just hoping that they would be able to pinpoint the root cause in order to avoid recurrence. Looking on the positive side, it's good this not happen yesterday while traveling from Subic. Will share later on the findings on this case so that TB owners here may know as well.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Yung nangyari naman sa akin last May my 2 month old TB LTZ battery indicator lamp went on tumigas bigla steering wheel and umingay yung fan belt. Buti na lang malapit na ako sa parking ng office. Ang naging diperensya ay busted bearing ng belt tensioner. First time rin akong nakaexperience ng brand new car na itinirik ako. Inayos ng Chev Greenhills syempre under warranty pa. Eto pa noong kinuha ko na yung unit mantakin mo ba namang hindi man lang nilinis yung mga bahid ng langis sa interior ng car. Ang dumi dumi talaga. Pinatawag ko service advisor at talagang pinalinis ko sa kanila.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    What I can advise you is this: habang wala pang Chevy dyan, use mineral oil na API CI-4 or CJ-4 with 15W40 viscosity. Yan lang pwedeng alternative sa fully synthetic oil na pang TB according to Chevrolet Philippines.

Thanks sir numbah5! What's the particular brand of oil is that sir? So that ill start looking.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by batang pasig View Post
    Yah, those are minor, nonetheless I reported and documented them right away so they would know early on I have nothing to do with those scratches/defects and have them replaced by virtue of warranty.

But I spoke too soon, just had one bad day with my new TB today. For those who traversed EDSA-Ortigas southbound aroound 5:30-7:00pm today which was heavy traffic, my 1-week old TB LTZ caused it. Got stucked and stalled at the top of the flyover going left turn to Rosario-Pasig near Robinsons Galleria. At the middle of the flyover, noticed that the yellow Engine Check indicator light went on and the panel briefly showed "Low Oil Pressure" warning, then engine stalled and never started again. Battery is good, half tank full of fuel, 1/4 temperature, oil is ok per dip stick and no leaks, and engine cranks well but doesn't start. My best guess (just my gut feel) is either busted oil pressure sensor sending wrong signal to computer box to cut off engine, or maybe the computer box itself, or maybe the fuel injection system malfunctioned.

It's my first time to experience stalling on a brand new car, never experienced this with my other new cars. It is more frustrating than experiencing it with an old car. Called up Jeff Rivera of Chevy Commonwealth right away and he gave me the road assistance number of Chevy (keep this number 751-2438). While waiting for the Chevy accredited tow truck, 2 MMDA traffic officers on morcycle came and assisted in the monstrous traffic that buit up already. They were so patient in assisting me, always asking the whereabouts of the tow truck. It rained hard worsening the situation, and the tow truck arrived only after 1.5hrs of waiting. There were 2 MMDA tow trucks that actually came by but we (even the MMDA traffic officers) did not allow them to tow the TB because they have no flatbed, may only cause damage on the front bumper and on the drivetrain, etc. And to top it all, the MMDA officer talked to me (apologetically) that they have no choice but to issue Traffic Ticket to me for the obstruction, which obviously I have no choice but to accept the guilt, good thing is they did not take my license and it just costs only P350.00 to be paid via Metrobank (but maybe have to charge this to Chevy :-( ). Finally the flatbed tow truck came at 7pm and sent my TB to Commonwealth. Tomorrow will go there to visit the unit and discuss the matter with the dealer and would really like to understand what happened to my unit.

Again it was so frustrating and had taken away my excitement on my new TB, I'm just hoping that they would be able to pinpoint the root cause in order to avoid recurrence. Looking on the positive side, it's good this not happen yesterday while traveling from Subic. Will share later on the findings on this case so that TB owners here may know as well.
    Ikaw pala yun sir. I saw pic on Facebook nito, post kayo feedback ni casa kung ano nangyari.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by batang pasig View Post

Sir, can you PM me your email address? I'll add you in facebook.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by benny010 View Post
    numbah,
    i'm also waiting for the 4x2 AT of TB.
    i want to know if engine is the same as 4x4,
    Yes they have the same engine and transmission.

2012 Chevrolet Trailblazer