New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 296 of 442 FirstFirst ... 196246286292293294295296297298299300306346396 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 4415
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo728 View Post
    How about Motul H-Tech 100 Plus SAE 5W-30? Siguro naman ay pwedeng pwede ito.
    Di pa rin pwede. Di kasi yan dexos2 compliant. I'm currently negotiating with Autoplus for them to bring the Motul Specific dexos2 5W30 oil here. Saw its bottle sa website nila, nakalagay 100% synthetic oil, meaning fully synthetic siya unlike yung AC Delco dexos2 5W30 na inimport ng TCCCI which is synthetic blend, which I think is semi synthetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happyart View Post
    So it may be advantageous for us to just use mineral oil in the first or maybe second PMS and then go for the fully synthetic Dexos 2 oil after that? Could this be the line of thought of *Delta00 for his first PMS at Chevrolet Alabang?
    Spoke with *delta00 a while ago regarding his 1st PMS. He said he was asking for the dexos2 compliant oil back then, but Chevy Alabang claimed there's none back then kaya mineral oil nilagay. He told me mas gusto niya yung dexos2 in order to have a longer Oil Change Interval and straightforwardly said to me na hindi na siya magpapaPMS sa Chevy Alabang. Sa Greenhills-EDSA or sa Pampanga na ang next PMS niya.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    Di pa rin pwede. Di kasi yan dexos2 compliant. I'm currently negotiating with Autoplus for them to bring the Motul Specific dexos2 5W30 oil here. Saw its bottle sa website nila, nakalagay 100% synthetic oil, meaning fully synthetic siya unlike yung AC Delco dexos2 5W30 na inimport ng TCCCI which is synthetic blend, which I think is semi synthetic.

Spoke with *delta00 a while ago regarding his 1st PMS. He said he was asking for the dexos2 compliant oil back then, but Chevy Alabang claimed there's none back then kaya mineral oil nilagay. He told me mas gusto niya yung dexos2 in order to have a longer Oil Change Interval and straightforwardly said to me na hindi na siya magpapaPMS sa Chevy Alabang. Sa Greenhills-EDSA or sa Pampanga na ang next PMS niya.
    Motul H-Tech 100 Plus is 100% fully synthetic. But recommended for gas engine. There are Motul Specifics, like dexos 2 for GM-Opel and 913C for Ford.

Before going to a car care shop for your next oil change.. Read this first.

FACT: Not all OILS are EQUAL and not all SYNTHETIC Oils are 100% SYNTHETIC.

Engine Oil Products Available in the Philippines.
    Auto-Rx (Philippines) | About Oil

So which is better the Synthetic Oil? Group IV or Group V?
    Welcome to Motul

3. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by safala View Post
    *numbah5, IMHO, i was not tricked by the service advisor on using the mineral oil. In the first place, I was the one who requested it for the following reasons:

1. Cost-wise, I could change mineral oil four times versus one time for fully synthetic. Doing this is the best for any engine, always clean oil. This was confirmed to me by the technical manager of Chevrolet wherein he said that diesel engines generate too much dirt because the soot mix with the engine oil. Fully synthetic oil is best for gasoline engine, a much cleaner engine.

2. Changing oil is only one PMS item. There are a lot more PMS items to do like checking/cleaning air filter, AC filter, checking leaks, lubricating other parts, tightening of nuts, etc. Since Manila is a stop and go traffic and lot of idling, it is recommended to perform 5K PMS not only to change the oil but checking other things.

3. No doubt, others could still use fully synthetic oil and have it changed every 10K but our TrailB should undergo PMS every 5K on other things otherwise the warranty could be void.

Again, this is my honest opinion and this will be the schedule I will follow.
    Kay *safala pala not delta00 ang line of thought na ito. It looks like a good idea to me.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Motul H-Tech 100 Plus is 100% fully synthetic

Before going to a car care shop for your next oil change.. Read this first.

FACT: Not all OILS are EQUAL and not all SYNTHETIC Oils are 100% SYNTHETIC.

Engine Oil Products Available in the Philippines.
    Auto-Rx (Philippines) | About Oil

So which is better the Synthetic Oil? Group IV or Group V?
    Welcome to Motul
    Even though Motul H-Tech 100 is fully synthetic, it doesn't satisfy the dexos2 specification that's why hindi siya pwede for our Duramax Diesel engine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happyart View Post
    Kay *safala pala not delta00 ang line of thought na ito. It looks like a good idea to me.
    Up to you if you want to use Mineral oil. Basta ito isipin niyo, if you opt for dexos2 certified oil on the 1st PMS, babalik ka pa rin for the next 5k km PMS, pero walang papalitang filter and other parts since every oil change lang palit ng oil filter. Ichecheck lang ng casa mga bolts and other components that need to be tightened, labor lang babayaran. Whilst if you opt for mineral oil 15W40 API CI-4 or CJ-4, every 5k kms ang Oil Change Interval, kada balik mo sa casa oil change at palit ng oil filter ang gagawin aside from the checking ng bolts and other components, parts and labor ang gagastusin.
    Last edited by numbah5; March 5th, 2013 at 09:43 PM.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    Even though Motul H-Tech 100 is fully synthetic, it doesn't satisfy the dexos2 specification that's why hindi siya pwede for our Duramax Diesel engine.

Up to you if you want to use Mineral oil. Basta ito isipin niyo, if you opt for dexos2 certified oil on the 1st PMS, babalik ka pa rin for the next 5k km PMS, pero walang papalitang filter and other parts since every oil change lang palit ng oil filter. Ichecheck lang ng casa mga bolts and other components that need to be tightened, labor lang babayaran. Whilst if you opt for mineral oil 15W40 API CI-4 or CJ-4, every 5k kms ang Oil Change Interval, kada balik mo sa casa oil change at palit ng oil filter ang gagawin aside from the checking ng bolts and other components, parts and labor ang gagastusin.
    Actually this statement by numbah5 is the same advise that chevy EDSA-GH has given to me i.e. after the 1st PMS at 5k kms, the next scheduled PMS would be on the 10k kms and the next oil change and filter change is on 15k kms which is after 10,000kms from the 1st oil change.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Thanks a lot Sirs for the great discussion on motor oil. I now know what to do in my first PMS.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    This is what & plan Im going to adopt on my initial PMS, if the casa can't supply full synthetic, then I will accept the AC Delco Dexos 5W30( Semi -synthetic) by the time I will have my next PMS, then Im pretty sure that remnants of mineral oil are already absorbed by semi-synthetic motor oil, safe to say that the next change oil to full synthetic will be almost 100% pure & siguro by that time full synthetic motor oil will be readily available sa casa or sa third parties sources.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    That is why someone from their After Sales group called me and remind me of the 4-month 1st PMS since they are just using mineral oil as the original oil when we first bought the unit. Same as the battery, the horn, the grounding wires, etc.

If they will use synthetic oils upon purchase, then added cost sa SRP ng unit. Notice in car manufactures, they just put 1SMF in their cars and small horns. They just put the minimum requirement to properly operate the unit. BUT if you want to be efficient and best performance, you should use higher rated (bigger) grounding wires, at least 2SMF battery and bigger horns.
    Thats why I throw away the OEM horn on the very first day, I feel it is an insult for a a beastly SUV na ang busina ay tunog pedicab.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by RTS View Post
    This is what & plan Im going to adopt on my initial PMS, if the casa can't supply full synthetic, then I will accept the AC Delco Dexos 5W30( Semi -synthetic) by the time I will have my next PMS, then Im pretty sure that remnants of mineral oil are already absorbed by semi-synthetic motor oil, safe to say that the next change oil to full synthetic will be almost 100% pure & siguro by that time full synthetic motor oil will be readily available sa casa or sa third parties sources.
    Sana magkaroon ng magandang result ang pakikipagusap ko sa Autoplus. Para magkaroon na ng other dexos2 certified oil na pwedeng gamitin sa trailblazers natin at fully synthetic din. Kasi yun nga, mapa semi synthetic or fully synthetic dapat dexos2 certified oil pa rin ang gagamitin natin.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Mga sirs! FYI: I confirmed with Chevy-GH na yung AcDelco dexos2 nila na synthetic blend is a fully synthetic oil kaya they recommend the next oil change after 10k kms.

2012 Chevrolet Trailblazer