New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 295 of 442 FirstFirst ... 195245285291292293294295296297298299305345395 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 4415
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Sorry sir. I just presumed that the stock oil might have been mineral oil. Im still asking my SA kung anong klaseng oil and brand yung nasa TrailB units ng chevy GH.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MHO to change oil should be base sa milage & not the months duration , kasi when I was still onboard the Ch. Engr of our 17000 Horse power ship replenish lube oil when we reached certain running hours , i think it should be the same consideration sa small engine natin whether gasoline or diesel. I will raise this question sa aking first PMS sa supervisor ng Chevy

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by RTS View Post
    MHO to change oil should be base sa milage & not the months duration , kasi when I was still onboard the Ch. Engr of our 17000 Horse power ship replenish lube oil when we reached certain running hours , i think it should be the same consideration sa small engine natin whether gasoline or diesel. I will raise this question sa aking first PMS sa supervisor ng Chevy
    Ask Lito Landicho na lang regarding that. He's the best resource person that can answer that. You know his email naman di ba Godfather?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Here is my Black LTZ as requested to be posted by sir numbah5.

AC Delco dexos2 from Chevy GH.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    800 pesos per liter, 7L kailangan ng 2.8L Duramax Diesel. As per the AVP for service and aftersales ng Chevrolet Phils., kahit everyday bumper to bumper traffic 10,000 km/6 months oil change interval pa rin. Severe operation according to them is desert climate and high temperatures with bumper to bumper traffic.
    Ok. Oil discussions here and there said that only fully synthetics are safe for a 10k km OCI with a very good filter. The dexos, based on the label are just synthetic blend.

Is there an available PDS of ac delco dexos2.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_mej View Post
    Sorry sir. I just presumed that the stock oil might have been mineral oil. Im still asking my SA kung anong klaseng oil and brand yung nasa TrailB units ng chevy GH.
    Majority of the new cars use mineral oil when they rolled out sa planta& i believe same as our TrailB

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    800 pesos per liter, 7L kailangan ng 2.8L Duramax Diesel. As per the AVP for service and aftersales ng Chevrolet Phils., kahit everyday bumper to bumper traffic 10,000 km/6 months oil change interval pa rin. Severe operation according to them is desert climate and high temperatures with bumper to bumper traffic.
    How about Motul H-Tech 100 Plus SAE 5W-30? Siguro naman ay pwedeng pwede ito.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Majority of the new cars use mineral oil when they rolled out sa planta& i believe same as our TrailB
    That is why someone from their After Sales group called me and remind me of the 4-month 1st PMS since they are just using mineral oil as the original oil when we first bought the unit. Same as the battery, the horn, the grounding wires, etc.

If they will use synthetic oils upon purchase, then added cost sa SRP ng unit. Notice in car manufactures, they just put 1SMF in their cars and small horns. They just put the minimum requirement to properly operate the unit. BUT if you want to be efficient and best performance, you should use higher rated (bigger) grounding wires, at least 2SMF battery and bigger horns.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    siguro to remove metal micro bits since new rings... afterwards pag smooth na tsaka synthetic
    same pag bagong overall

10. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    So it may be advantageous for us to just use mineral oil in the first or maybe second PMS and then go for the fully synthetic Dexos 2 oil after that? Could this be the line of thought of *Delta00 for his first PMS at Chevrolet Alabang?

2012 Chevrolet Trailblazer