New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 293 of 442 FirstFirst ... 193243283289290291292293294295296297303343393 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,930 of 4415
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggs View Post
    Maraming thanks for the clarification.... IMHO I think even w/ a Dexos2 rating oil you will have to change oil much sooner than10K because of the 500ppm sulfur content of our diesel fuel here. Unless your faithfully filling up in Unioil.
    That was clarified to me by the AVP for sevice and aftersales of Chevy Phils. Irregardless of what diesel fuel we are using, we should still follow the PMS schedule as stated on the manual, depending on what oil the dealer puts on our Trailblazers during PMS.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by inov8 View Post
    It's been over two months now and still no LTZ brown or white for me.

Maybe I'll consider again my 1st option- SF3
    meron po dito sa otis na brown...
    just look for vicky glipo
    matagal na daw 2week

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by zephyro90 View Post
    meron po dito sa otis na brown...
    just look for vicky glipo
    matagal na daw 2week
    Bro better to PM inov8 also regarding that matter.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    was able to use inav (avt) on my oem (goldcar) head unit. parang meron problema sa map... since mas malapad ang screen ng oem na-stretch or nawawala sa alignment yun map at parang bumabagal ang ang navi baka mas mabilis ang gamit na procie ng mga avt hu, matass na ram or mas mataas na windows OS.

will try papago8 from my sisters santa fe later...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    There are many good motor oil out there but since Dexos is the patronize brand of Chevy for our Trail[B], no choice but to comply without putting the warranty
    in the gray area.When my strada is still inder warranty, I religiously followed their recommended full synthetic oil, as soon as Im freed from the bondage I switched to OWS brand which I found has more positive result when it comes to engine performance, same time I changed my air filter to Hurricane.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by RTS View Post
    There are many good motor oil out there but since Dexos is the patronize brand of Chevy for our Trail[B], no choice but to comply without putting the warranty
    in the gray area.When my strada is still inder warranty, I religiously followed their recommended full synthetic oil, as soon as Im freed from the bondage I switched to OWS brand which I found has more positive result when it comes to engine performance, same time I changed my air filter to Hurricane.
    Just a clarification. dexos2 IS NOT an oil brand. It is an oil specification made and formulated by GM Powertrain. GM Powertrain also made all engines under the GM brands (Chevrolet, Holden, Opel) only to received fully synthetic oils that meet the dexos2 specification in order to have a LONGER Oil Change Interval. Oil brands have formulated engine oils that meet the dexos2 specification but only Ac Delco has the dexos2 compliant oil locally and is only available in all Chevy dealers.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    There are many brands of oil in the market that can meet the API CJ-4 or CI-4 15W40 requirement specified in the manual. Even if we change oil every 4 months or 5000KM it will still be cheaper and will satisfy warranty requirement.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Happyart View Post
    There are many brands of oil in the market that can meet the API CJ-4 or CI-4 15W40 requirement specified in the manual. Even if we change oil every 4 months or 5000KM it will still be cheaper and will satisfy warranty requirement.
    Nakatipid nga pero the downside of that would be reduced performance and lower fuel efficiency as stated in the manual.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    Nakatipid nga pero the downside of that would be reduced performance and lower fuel efficiency as stated in the manual.
    Unless somebody could show a performance graph vis a vis DEXOS2 oil and CJ-4 then it would be conclusive that there will be.. my own view you wouldn't feel it. performance and fuel effiency wise. Theoretically a thinner Dexos2 will have an advantage via a 15W40 CJ-4 oil but it is negligble to any average Juan driver. Driving style have much more effect on fuel effiency.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Yong mahilig humataw, mas makakaprotect sa engine ang higher viscosity band. The lower viscosity band is good for cool climate specially for starting the engine. Sa atin even in Baguio the temperature rarely go below 10 deg C. The W in the oil designation is winter grade, wala naman winter sa atin. But according to each one's objective and driving condition, we can select an oil that satisfies the manufacturer's requirement.

2012 Chevrolet Trailblazer