New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 276 of 442 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276277278279280286326376 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,760 of 4415
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ano727 View Post
    Agree that TBZ is hot and seems the better choice over Monty and Fort. But to overtake those two in terms of sales, it has to have right price point, timely promos and proper demand planning.

I don't think Chevy is in that position already this year, addressing all those three points. I'm talking about this year.
    hmmm.... We can only assume for now, demand is not high... but VERY HIGH right now and a lot of people I know and even passersby interview me about this vehicle and that they want to buy this one and their main reason is "common" na masyado yung fort and monty and hindi nga nagkakalayo ng price nga naman.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn_duke View Post
    If Chevy can supply and sell 1,000 TB a month , They might surpass the MS or Fort sales this year.
    As a benchmark, last year Mitsu sold 12,510 MS.
    Anybody know how many TB were sold in the last 2 months?
    I'm betting on less than 50 since here in BF Pque I've seen 1 blue, 1, auburn brown, 1 red, 2 grays... tapos may narelease nanaman last week when I was at chevy alabang. magnonormalize din yan.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I'm guessing around 150 units (Metro Manila and provincial dealers) since it was launched. Just today I saw 7 on the road.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    I'm guessing around 150 units (Metro Manila and provincial dealers) since it was launched. Just today I saw 7 on the road.
    Then its going to be a long hurdle for the TB to surpass MS and Fort sales this year. If Chevy cannot meet the demand, then there is no sale, and sale is the only stat the motoring industry understand. But what the heck, why would TB owners worry if their unit is not this year best seller. Who wanted their SUV to be part of the "common" SUVs?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn_duke View Post
    Then its going to be a long hurdle for the TB to surpass MS and Fort sales this year. If Chevy cannot meet the demand, then there is no sale, and sale is the only stat the motoring industry understand. But what the heck, why would TB owners worry if their unit is not this year best seller. Who wanted their SUV to be part of the "common" SUVs?
    Damn straight!

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    I don't care & will never be whether the other brand tops the sales chart & TrailB remain at the bottom, para sa akin I liked it, bought it & drive it with pleasure that extinguished the doubts, anxieties that are hunting me for the past.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Buti nga yon para konti lang TB sa kalsada. That way, it will always be a head turner.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    You think so?

Many buy Monty because of good price point and aggressive discount offers.

Many buy Fort because of Toyota brand and availability of low cost parts.

I'm sure many will buy TBZ 4x2 AT when it is available, pero I don't see it yet overtaking sales figures of Monty or Fort. At least not this year.
    If you will notice, many Monty's out there are GLS-V or GLX, and majority of Forts are 2.5 G or 2.7 gas, which are priced at the 1.3 - 1.5 level. Pero sa TB, most of the units sold are the 4x4 LTZ at 1.7M. Meaning, at this price range TOTL variant, the TB is already giving the Montys and Forts headaches. The advantage of Mits and Toyota is their strategy of coming out with so many variants that will cater to a larger scope of the market, unlike with Chevy na limited to two variants, an entry level and TOTL. Walang pang middle level, and this is why they will have to come out with the 4x2 AT.

If and when the TBZ 4x2 comes out at the price range of 1.4-1.5M, then I must say many of the buyers would consider this than the common Monty and Fort. Given that TCCI can meet the demand, if not, then that's another story.

Saw another auburn brown LTZ along edsa going up to Ortigas Flyover left turn, what can i say, i'm in love with the TBZ.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Head turner nga ang Trail dito sa Bacolod... kahit monty owner gustong e trade in unit nya para lang mag ka Trail....

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Agree that TBZ is hot and seems the better choice over Monty and Fort. But to overtake those two in terms of sales, it has to have right price point, timely promos and proper demand planning.

I don't think Chevy is in that position already this year, addressing all those three points. I'm talking about this year.
    if and when the 4x2 is launched at the price range we are expecting, then this will eat up on the sales of Monty's and Forts, meaning, the sales of TBZ will increase while the sales of the Montys and Forts will go down remarkably. Hence, the sales figures of TBZ will eventually catch up, if not surpass, these two favorites. Many would be buyers of the TBZ reluctantly focus their attention to Montys and Forts (even to Santa Fe, Sorento and CX9) due to lack of variants and supply. I'm sure people at TCCI are working their butts off just to normalize the supply and the immediate release of the 4x2 AT (now that they found out the not so in demand 4x2 MT). I'm betting that the sales of the TBZ would match the Fort or Monty this year provided that, 1) TCCI launch the 4x2 AT variant asapand 2) they can increase their supply to meet the demand asap. They dont even have to offer discounts, just the usual freebies. Why do toyota and mits offer big discounts? to maintain their hold on the market share due to the threat of other available models by other brands and to dispose of their existing units in their plants.

2012 Chevrolet Trailblazer