New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 248 of 442 FirstFirst ... 148198238244245246247248249250251252258298348 ... LastLast
Results 2,471 to 2,480 of 4415
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by RTS View Post
    Top of the line ng Santa Fe & Sorento has a little edged (0.1)over, but Im happy that the rating is high for TrailB. Tomorrow I'm planning for the Antipolo,Teresa, Pililla run (God permitting).
    IMHO, no comparison between Santa Fe and Sorento simply because these two aren't ruggedly built. The suspension of these SUVs are okay, but will you use them off-road? I doubt. Will these two SUVs able to tackle the Pinatubo trek? Baka these 2 will be rated 1/10 kapag off-road na.

Sasayad ang Sta Fe and Sorento when used off-road. Their centers of gravity are much lower than T, M and F. That is why these 2 aren't videod off-road. Hehehe

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by maeki View Post
    *jojo728

father ko nagcomment sir, siguro nasanay lang siya sa ride ng land cruiser nya. siyempre sinabi ko di naman sila same ng class. never pa kasi ako nakasakay sa montero kaya walang idea, sa fortuner naman, yun samin kasi nakabulletproof kaya namodify na siguro yun suspension kaya malambot ride nya.
    Bro, you are right! You can always modify them as you please, di ba? What matters most is that you're happy with what you have. Kahit pa hamak na owner-type jeep ang gamit mo, as long as you are happy and satisfied using it, that's what important.

We here in the forum are just giving our personal experiences. My officemate's 2010 Sta Fe already has already some unusual noise sa transmission. Ako kasi, before I picked the Trail, I compared Sta Fe, Sorento, Fortuner, Montero, Forester, Everest and Trailblazer. But before the Trail went into market, I prefer the Forester simply because of the power. It is the most powerful SUV among the 6 mentioned SUVs (excluding TB). But it is not a full 7-seater SUV. Malaki pa ang Revo VX200 ko with a comfortable seating capacity of 8 (modified 3rd row, front facing). I didnt mentioned the new Explorer na gustong gusto ko sana kaya lang pricey and lumalamon ng gasolina. Yun sana ang kukunin ko. When the review of the new Eco-boost Explorer went out, naku, inayawan ko na. Kasing takaw ng Expedition. It consumes between 4-5 km per liter. Why? Te problem is that it is not built sa Philippines na matraffic. Kahit na 2.0 lang ang makina nya and has a power of 240 hp, the built is heavy kya the 2.0 variant engine will work overtime.

I'm looking for a genuine 7-seater! Ford Everest has so much space, talagang maluwag. BUT, I don't like to porma (sorry po sa Everest owners), parang karo same as Altera. The 4 mentioned SUVs are maporma lalo na ung 2013 Sta Fe.

Power-wise, malakas ang Sta Fe * 193ps but mahina ang torque! 350 Nm lang yata. Kaya ka nga bibili ng 4x4 so that you can use it off-road, di ba? You won't use the 4x4 para karerahin ang Mustang di ba?

Anyway, I end up choosing TB and I am happy and satisfied with my choice.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    We are talking of C! ratings, you may have some merits in your comment but people of the C! has their own criteria in rating so let be it.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Can't really compare the Trailblazer with the Santa Fe and the Sorento. The 2 Korean SUVs are soft roaders while the Trailblazer is a genuine off-roader like the Fortuner, Everest, Alterra, and Montero Sport as they are classified as PPVs

5. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Went in for the check up due to "water in fuel ", they changed the sensor. The main distributor wanted them to modify something sa program, since Bago plang daw nag TB, they changed the sensor and asked me to observe. Anyways filled up with euro5 today, I decided that I'll use euro5 this day onwards. Problem with unioil, mad alas off line yung machine nla for credit cards

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Santa Fe has 197 ps and 430NM Torque. Its fast alright hehe.
    Sir EQ, did you already get your TBZ? Or when daw?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    Can't really compare the Trailblazer with the Santa Fe and the Sorento. The 2 Korean SUVs are soft roaders while the Trailblazer is a genuine off-roader like the Fortuner, Everest, Alterra, and Montero Sport as they are classified as PPVs
    I spent 5 hours at Goldcars today. Beside my Trailblazer is a brand new Sante Fe (4x2) being installed with leather cover. The owner of Sante Fe went to look at my TBZ (inside/out/engine/wheels) then came to me for discussion.
    1. How much is this? Mine is 1.780M (Sante Fe). I told him the SRP is 1.718M. And he told me, that his Santa Fe is higher by >60K.
    2. His Sante Fe is 5 years warranty. I told him TBZ is also 5 years warranted (extended).
    3. Oh your TBZ is also 18 inches.
    4. He asked how many seater. I told him 7 seater with ample space
    5. He asked if I installed leather seat cover in my TBZ (since his Santa Fe is being installed with leather sets ~8K pesos). I told him my seats are full leathered already
    6. He looked at the engine and saw 2.8, oh, it's diesel too. How's the fuel consumption, i told him it's ok, on average 10-11 liters/100KM on city driving, i can get more on highway driving since TBZ is 6 speed
    7. Now i told him other features: The TBZ 2.8 is 4x4 with rotary knob switch where you can go to 4x4 at both higher and lower speeds. It has hill assist, down assist, traction, and so many other safety features. ..and silent became evident

Anyway both SUV's looks great. No debates....it's just a choice.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Updates on my HU and HID upgrades:

1. Goldcars replace my HU with a new 1. The technician check all settings including the USB functions. A good lady have installed and updated the HU navigation software and boot software to have the cheverolet logo at start-up. I noticed some improvement on the maps with more coverage and more responsible (i love the voice instruction). The problem on random dim/high on the screen was gone - i used it for ~2 hrs and no more problem with the screen. The speakers on the driver and front passenger side is now working - a workaround on the wires fixed it (have shared it with zephyro90 since he also found out it is not working). The sound quality tremendoudly improved coming from the replace HU. It's more livelier now better than the stock HU (just play around with the equalizer and the advance settings) - i love the sound esp with a DVD high resolution audio CD being played.
    2. On the HID, the technician added a HID relay kit and now it fixed the problem (blinking). He also replaced the HID low beam with a different H1 bulb (shorter) and calibrate the ligths. The light greatly improved and used it from Quezon to Cavite. No problem.

Additional: 3) I bought the full floor matting and it looks great.

Overall, Goldcars service is very good. Thanks to Bella for the excellent service. The technician is also good. I did NOT pay anything on #1 and #2 since both have 1 year warranty.

I recommend the shop for the other TBZ owners. Just look for Bella.

Thanks sir numbah for the call today.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ano727 View Post
    Sir EQ, did you already get your TBZ? Or when daw?
    Back read on the previous pages please. The answer is there. Basta he has no problems with the dealer anymore.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by delta00 View Post
    I spent 5 hours at Goldcars today. Beside my Trailblazer is a brand new Sante Fe (4x2) being installed with leather cover. The owner of Sante Fe went to look at my TBZ (inside/out/engine/wheels) then came to me for discussion.
    1. How much is this? Mine is 1.780M (Sante Fe). I told him the SRP is 1.718M. And he told me, that his Santa Fe is higher by >60K.
    2. His Sante Fe is 5 years warranty. I told him TBZ is also 5 years warranted (extended).
    3. Oh your TBZ is also 18 inches.
    4. He asked how many seater. I told him 7 seater with ample space
    5. He asked if I installed leather seat cover in my TBZ (since his Santa Fe is being installed with leather sets ~8K pesos). I told him my seats are full leathered already
    6. He looked at the engine and saw 2.8, oh, it's diesel too. How's the fuel consumption, i told him it's ok, on average 10-11 liters/100KM on city driving, i can get more on highway driving since TBZ is 6 speed
    7. Now i told him other features: The TBZ 2.8 is 4x4 with rotary knob switch where you can go to 4x4 at both higher and lower speeds. It has hill assist, down assist, traction, and so many other safety features. ..and silent became evident

Anyway both SUV's looks great. No debates....it's just a choice.
    Delta00...anong reaction nong sta.fe owner..nakumbinsi ba on your TBZ ..any reaction po na naobserbahan mo sa kanya..Thanks.

2012 Chevrolet Trailblazer