New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 240 of 442 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240241242243244250290340 ... LastLast
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 4415
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    There must be some problems with the ballasts or maybe the wirings are a bit loose kaya on/off ang HID mo. We're better off with HIDs than those high output halogen bulbs since we have projector lamps. Better to bring your HIDs back to Goldcars and have them check the ballasts and the wirings. Retrofitting our projector lamps to original HID projector lamps will give us the best output (brightest and widest output), yun nga lang it is expensive, around 19-24k kay sir garyq. Pero nonetheless, mahal nga siya pero sulit naman. For now, sa simula PnP HID kits muna tayo then pag may budget na ulit, pwede na retrofit.
    I'm planning to retrofit for quad xenon but there will be slicing made so... nagdadalawang isip ako... mura na retrofit nya ngayon compared before.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Just spoke to my agent... according to him 2nd week to last week of feb daw ang mga trailB colorado daw ang mga dumating mga pending pa daw dati yun(ang dami colorado sa mga showroom nila)... as an importer I find this shady. Oh well nothing to do but wait.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    BTW, I confirmed thru SMS with Chevy Philippines' AVP for Service and Aftersales that the dexos2 fully synthetic oil is already available in all Chevy dealers since last week. He even issued a circular regarding it. So *delta00 and *safala, looks like your service advisors tricked the 2 of you into using mineral oil, para every 5k kms kayo babalik sa kanila.
    Actually, you can also purchase other branded engine oils as long as these are dexos2 compliant. You can even use the SAE 0W-30 if you are living in Baguio, for example, since the 1st letter of the SAE mark is the temperature and also, mejo expensive ang 0W-30 compared to 5W-30 that are both dexos2.

Maaaring tama si *numbah5, the SA gave you a mineral grade so that you will have to change oil every 5k

*numbah5, how much naman daw ang per liter ng dexos2 SAE 5W-30 fully synthetic oil? Other ranges from Php550 to Php900 per liter and we are talking of 7-liter capacity engine ;(

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bacs View Post
    Hey Guys saw for AD for TrailB re-badged by Holden.

All-new Colorado 7 - on sale now - YouTube
    baka naman warak kaagad sasakyan mo pagparati mong ginagawa 'to ....o di kaya i-void warranty mo??

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo728 View Post
    Actually, you can also purchase other branded engine oils as long as these are dexos2 compliant. You can even use the SAE 0W-30 if you are living in Baguio, for example, since the 1st letter of the SAE mark is the temperature and also, mejo expensive ang 0W-30 compared to 5W-30 that are both dexos2.

Maaaring tama si *numbah5, the SA gave you a mineral grade so that you will have to change oil every 5k

*numbah5, how much naman daw ang per liter ng dexos2 SAE 5W-30 fully synthetic oil? Other ranges from Php550 to Php900 per liter and we are talking of 7-liter capacity engine ;(
    800 pesos per liter. Also, please refer to my post at page 241 with the scanned images from the manual regarding the oil. Thank you.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Yup pwede 5W-40 basta Dexos2. Pero the manual specifically said the best viscosity grade for the Duramax Diesel engine is 5W-30.

Scanned images from the manual:

This is for all of us, for us to be enlightened about the engine oil. Especially *jojo728.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    800 pesos per liter. Also, please refer to my post at page 241 with the scanned images from the manual regarding the oil. Thank you.
    *numbah5, thanks for the reply. I already have the TB manual, kinulit ko lang ang Chevy Greenhills to give me an owner's manual.
    It's 800 per liter, then the dexos2 SAE 5W-30 engine oil will be Php 5,600.00 already, oil pa lang.
    Actually, ACDelco ang manufacturer nung Dexos2 SAE 5W-30, General Motors is the global supplier.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    We're better off with HIDs than those high output halogen bulbs since we have projector lamps.
    Correction lang sir.

Cutoffs will still likely be affected by installing HIDs in projectors meant for halogen bulbs.

Iba parin yung beam pattern niyan. The best non-retrofit upgrade for halogen headlights are still halogen.

Posibleng mas maliwanag nga for the driver, pero kawawa yung mga kasalubong mo.

Quoted from hidplanet.com:
    I would be cautious about putting HID's in halogen projectors because they will not likely have proper cutoff. I put an aftermarket set in my 2009 wrx (which had halogen projetors) and although the light output was significantly better than halogen bulbs, glare was terrible for oncoming drivers - those things would blind people on a highway overpass as I'm driving by on the highway. Took them out shortly after for safety reasons.
    There's a thread on this here if you guys want to do some extra reading.

Based on reading the first few pages, parang mas panget din daw pala yung output.
    Last edited by mda; January 28th, 2013 at 03:30 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Okey ,DEXOS is the recommended Engine Oil as what chevy people say, but what if it is not available, at least they should have a substitute brand, marami dyan na also well known for lubricant-(ex. penzoil ,mogul, castrol etc etc.) na readily available,

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by RTS View Post
    Okey ,DEXOS is the recommended Engine Oil as what chevy people say, but what if it is not available, at least they should have a substitute brand, marami dyan na also well known for lubricant-(ex. penzoil ,mogul, castrol etc etc.) na readily available,
    *RTS, it's all here:

Licensed GM dexos2™ products (Look on the front label for any of the logos shown above to identify an authorized, licensed dexos2™ engine oil.):

GM dexos information center

2012 Chevrolet Trailblazer