New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 239 of 442 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243249289339 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,390 of 4415
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Tropapits. Went to Goldcars today and installed the ff:

HU with back-up camera (no headset monitors)
    HID kits (low beam and front fogger)
    Chrome for headlight and backlight
    Rainvisor
    (spent 54K for everything).

Just arrived at home (Quezon - Pasay - Gen Trias Cavite) and observed the ff:
    1., HID (low beam) is not working (dead, then flashing both, then flashing 1 by 1). I just used it for ~1 hr (Pasay to Cavite). I'm very frustrated kase, madilim sa gabi (esp when the low beam is flashing 1 by 1). Goldcars installed H1 (8K).
    2. I observed the OEM HU that the screen brightness changing from time to time (normal then too bright, then back to normal, then bright...just seemed nag-auto dimlight something). I'm just using FM radio from Pasay to Cavite (no touching).
    3. HID front defogger - no problem - ok.

Has anyone observed #1 and #2? Definitely, i have to go back again to Goldcars for the HID low beam.

Sir numbah, thanks for the calls/text today.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    You're better off with high output bulbs anyway unless you're willing to do a retrofit/projectors.

I'd think na mas maganda light output/cutoff/buga ng Philips Xtreme Vision / Osram nightbreaker than a set of HID (non-retrofit) PnP HID kit.

Easier to maintain too.
    Last edited by mda; January 28th, 2013 at 12:23 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by delta00 View Post

Rainvisor

1., HID (low beam) is not working (dead, then flashing both, then flashing 1 by 1). I just used it for ~1 hr (Pasay to Cavite). I'm very frustrated kase, madilim sa gabi (esp when the low beam is flashing 1 by 1). Goldcars installed H1 (8K).
    2. I observed the OEM HU that the screen brightness changing from time to time (normal then too bright, then back to normal, then bright...just seemed nag-auto dimlight something). I'm just using FM radio from Pasay to Cavite (no touching).

Has anyone observed #1 and #2? Definitely, i have to go back again to Goldcars for the HID low beam.

Sir where ka sa GenTri? Everyday drive ako diyan di ko pa na-sight TB mo. Meron akong nakita TB sa Gateway Business Park hehe.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Lapella View Post
    Sir where ka sa GenTri? Everyday drive ako diyan di ko pa na-sight TB mo. Meron akong nakita TB sa Gateway Business Park hehe.
    Gov hills sir. Yes sa gateway ako nag wowork.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    You're better off with high output bulbs anyway unless you're willing to do a retrofit/projectors.

I'd think na mas maganda light output/cutoff/buga ng Philips Xtreme Vision / Osram nightbreaker than a set of HID (non-retrofit) PnP HID kit.

Easier to maintain too.
    Thanks sir. Not familiar with any HID kits and just asked dealers/Goldcars. Sana we should have some HID 101 lesssons para ma-educate folks. Time (na pakabit/repair) is more critical than cost..hirap kase mag travel to Banawe from Cavite

do you recommend something as a replacement? The warranty from goldcars is 1 year...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by delta00 View Post

Rainvisor

There must be some problems with the ballasts or maybe the wirings are a bit loose kaya on/off ang HID mo. We're better off with HIDs than those high output halogen bulbs since we have projector lamps. Better to bring your HIDs back to Goldcars and have them check the ballasts and the wirings. Retrofitting our projector lamps to original HID projector lamps will give us the best output (brightest and widest output), yun nga lang it is expensive, around 19-24k kay sir garyq. Pero nonetheless, mahal nga siya pero sulit naman. For now, sa simula PnP HID kits muna tayo then pag may budget na ulit, pwede na retrofit.

Regarding the HU, check its settings. Baka naka auto brightness nga yung screen. I didn't experienced it nung tinest ko yung HU.
    Last edited by numbah5; January 28th, 2013 at 09:08 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Ltz ata yun kay delta kaya projector... di ito retrofit sir. At high output baka maglagay pa ng additional wiring and relay allergic ang mga SA dito

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by zephyro90 View Post
    Ltz ata yun kay delta kaya projector... di ito retrofit sir. At high output baka maglagay pa ng additional wiring and relay allergic ang mga SA dito
    Yup I know LTZ yung kay delta00. What I mean by retrofit is changing the projector lamps. Kaya ko nasabi ito since our projector lamps are for halogen lamps, not for true HIDs. Yun nga lang, very complicated since may manual leveling feature ang headlamps natin, mawawala yun pag nagparetrofit tayo.

BTW, I confirmed thru SMS with Chevy Philippines' AVP for Service and Aftersales that the dexos2 fully synthetic oil is already available in all Chevy dealers since last week. He even issued a circular regarding it. So *delta00 and *safala, looks like your service advisors tricked the 2 of you into using mineral oil, para every 5k kms kayo babalik sa kanila.
    Last edited by numbah5; January 28th, 2013 at 10:40 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Monday Morning sighting.
    On my way to my work place nakita ko uli along UN ave. Auburn Brown LT( Quezon Blvd dealershi), I can't hold back & stopping to have a second, third glance.
    Almost 3months na ang TrailB ko but still have 2.3 K km sa odo, come saturday will bring it to laguna via teresa, tanay route.yesterday nag top up ako(petron) D.O. courtesy of my daughter's fuel subsidy he he he .

10. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Hey Guys saw for AD for TrailB re-badged by Holden.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQVJ0x9cUCw]All-new Colorado 7 - on sale now - YouTube[/ame]

2012 Chevrolet Trailblazer