New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 238 of 442 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239240241242248288338 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 4415
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    As for my breakdown:

1. Labor 949.00
    2. Parts 4041.40
    3. Sundries 500.00
    -----------
    Total 5490.40

Oil used base mineral oil (Dexos)

Chevy North Edsa have friendly Service Advisors. Their service area seems clean, and they cleaned my TrailB in and out. Got back my TrailB in 2 hours.. Also, I requested them to install a light bulb in the right rear fog light.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by safala View Post
    I got an unsolicited call from her regarding this info. Am I dreaming or she confused with their other lineup? But did you asked also about the promo

Hmm I didn't went any further with the conversation e I only said "wala ba talaga unit? Wala daw pila daw

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by safala View Post
    As for my breakdown:

1. Labor 949.00
    2. Parts 4041.40
    3. Sundries 500.00
    -----------
    Total 5490.40

Oil used base mineral oil (Dexos)

Chevy North Edsa have friendly Service Advisors. Their service area seems clean, and they cleaned my TrailB in and out. Got back my TrailB in 2 hours.. Also, I requested them to install a light bulb in the right rear fog light.
    Hmmm, parang alam ko na saan ako magpapa PMS once umabot na ng 5k kms TrailB ko

I computed kung magkano initial PMS cost kung Dexos 2 5W-30 Fully Synthetic Oil ang ginamit based sa presyo ni *safala:

4041.90 - (240x7) = 2361.41

2361.41 + (800x7) = 7961.41

7961.41 Parts including labor
    + 949.00 Labor
    + 500.00 Sundries
    9410.41 Total initial PMS cost
    Last edited by numbah5; January 27th, 2013 at 12:48 AM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    Hmmm, parang alam ko na saan ako magpapa PMS once umabot na ng 5k kms TrailB ko

I computed kung magkano initial PMS cost kung Dexos 2 5W-30 Fully Synthetic Oil ang ginamit based sa presyo ni *safala:

4041.90 - (240x7) = 2361.41

2361.41 + (800x7) = 7961.41

7961.41 Parts including labor
    + 949.00 Labor
    + 500.00 Sundries
    9410.41 Total initial PMS cost

hindi ba pwede sir 5w40 ng mobil this is what i use or the 0w-40.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jonzjitsu View Post
    hindi ba pwede sir 5w40 ng mobil this is what i use or the 0w-40.
    According to the manual of the Trailblazer, 5W-30 is the suitable viscosity of fully synthetic oil for the Duramax Diesel engine. And dapat Dexos 2 compliant oil ang gagamitin na fully synthetic oil. Hindi TCCCI nagsabi niyan, kundi yung mismong GM HQ na. Sila nagformulate ng Dexos 1 and 2 for the specifications of their vehicles. Kaya other oil brands had formulated Dexos 2 compliant oils, and tested them under the supervision of GM Tech people in order to be certified as Dexos 2 or Dexos 1 compliant. Dexos 2 is only 5W-30. The benefit is that every 10k kms ang oil change and balik sa casa.

Pwedemg gumamit ng ibang oil pero it should have a viscosity of 15W40 only and passed the API CI-4 or CJ-4 specification. Yun nga lang, every 5k kms ang oil change.
    Last edited by numbah5; January 27th, 2013 at 02:04 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by delta00 View Post
    I'm currently having my first PMS (5K) at chevy alabang (will finish by 5PM today). I asked for HID (low beam) and it's 7K (50 watts) with 1 year warranty. Dun sa nagpakabit ng HID, is the price (7K) reasonable?

Thanks.
    dun sa pinakabitan ko 5000k lang sir yun 50watts

7. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by delta00 View Post
    I'm currently having my first PMS (5K) at chevy alabang (will finish by 5PM today). I asked for HID (low beam) and it's 7K (50 watts) with 1 year warranty. Dun sa nagpakabit ng HID, is the price (7K) reasonable?

Thanks.

Nagpakabit ako dati sa strada ko xenon workx 12,999 sale pa 2009 until now okay parin nagpakabit ako sa sonata hi and fogs 2,500 per set Parati may prob yung ballast. Btw casa price sakin ng HID 12k sa Chevy alabang(taga much) ang consolation mo Lang sir if anything goes wrong the blame is on them

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by albert_b View Post
    How much kuha mo sir?
    It costs me Php 5,500.00
    Nagmukhang elegante naman unlike the free casa matting na butas agad.
    Everything is black underneath, but you can ask if you want the grey or beige-colored matting, it's your choice.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    That's a BS statement by your Service Advisor. Basahin kaya niya ang manual nang malaman niya ang katotohan. Malinaw na malinaw doon na pag DEXOS 2 fully synthetic ang ginamit na oil, 10,000 kms or 6 months whichever comes first ang oil change. Pag mineral or other synthetic oils na 15W-40 CI-4 or CJ-4 ang ginamit, nakasaad sa manual na every 5,000 kms or 4 months whichever comes first ang oil change. At ang DEXOS 2 is not a mineral oil, it is fully synthetic having a viscosity of 5W-30. TCCCI ang mismong gumawa ng manual natin.
    *numbah5, there is a dexos2 compliant fully synthetic motor oil na 5W-40. For fellow owners, you can look into this link for added information:

GM dexos information center

General Motors is committed to designing, building, and selling cars that perform well and last a long time – and to making the experience of owning a GM vehicle highly rewarding. GM is also working to make its vehicles more fuel efficient and emit fewer pollutants. A critical component of performance, longevity, and environmental sensitivity is the quality of the oil that goes into the car. The right oil will help your engine run well for a longer time; substandard oil could cause your engine to run poorly and may even damage it. Yet, in today’s market it’s not always possible to determine the quality of the oil you buy.

That’s why GM Powertrain engineers developed the dexos™ engine oil specification. The result is engine oil designed specifically for your GM engine, with added performance in areas important to its operation. dexos™ represents a high quality, robust oil formulated to some of the most rigorous specifications in the industry. And just like GM, dexos™ is global. GM wants to make sure that every GM car anywhere in the world has access to the highest quality oil formulated exclusively for GM engines.

dexos™ is designed to increase fuel efficiency, extend the life of your emissions system, require fewer oil changes, and produce fewer emissions. You save time and money, and your car performs the way it was designed to.

dexos™ is the best oil for any GM car. It’s that simple.

To ensure you are using the recommemded oil for your GM car, choose authentic, licensed dexos™ oils. dexos™ is an exclusive trademark of General Motors. Only those oils displaying the green or blue dexos™ trademark and icon on the front label have been certified and licensed by GM as meeting the demanding performance requirements and stringent quality standards of the dexos™ specification. Other oils may make claims but have not gone through GM’s rigorous testing and quality control process.

Specifically designed to meet the needs of GM diesel engines*, dexos2™:
    protects diesel engines from harmful soot deposits
    is designed with limits on certain chemical components to prolong catalyst life and protect expensive emission reduction systems
    is a robust oil, resisting degradation between oil changes and maintaining optimum performance longer
    dexos2™ is also the recommended service fill oil for European gasoline engines.

* Duramax is the exception and requires lubricants meeting CJ-4.

Look on the front label for any of the logos shown above to identify an authorized, licensed dexos2™ engine oil

I hope this helps.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Yup pwede 5W-40 basta Dexos2. Pero the manual specifically said the best viscosity grade for the Duramax Diesel engine is 5W-30.

Scanned images from the manual:

Last edited by numbah5; January 27th, 2013 at 03:15 PM.

2012 Chevrolet Trailblazer