New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 171 of 442 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181221271 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 4415
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Happyart View Post
    Not much difference about 4% City driving and 10% provincial trip. This can be even be attributed to the age of the vehicle considering that the Fortuner is already 6 years old vs the new TBZ. It could be that for long straight trips along expressways like in SCTEX & North Expressway to Subic or Baguio, the 6speed automatic of TBZ can make a bigger difference. You did not mention if it was the 3 or 2.5liter Fortuner. I have not tried the long straight expressways yet, but I'm sure it could be a lot better than 9.247km/liter for the TBZ.
    ram angle did mention it - "v".

btw, anybody here had an idea how much is the "3% DI" ?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    [QUOTE=inov8;2061076]ram angle did mention it - "v".

I did not notice it at first because it was in small letter. Sorry "old" na hahaha

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by inov8 View Post

sir, afaik, the 3% DI is add-on to your Bank Interest rate for the car loan. for example, your bank quoted you a rate of 10% rate for 3 years, then effectively, it would be 13% rate for 3 years. in monetary amount, your Bank Loan Officer can give this to you. just to give a sample: say the SRP of P1.7M for the 4x4, with 20% DP, the loan amount would be P 1,360,000. At 10% for 36 months, the monthly payment would be P41,555.56. But with the 3% DI, the rate would be 13% and the monthly payment would be P42,688.89 or a difference of P1,133.33 per month, at 36 months, that's 40,799.84 into the pocket of your SA and his Manager.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2012

Are you also interested in the Trailblazer? There is nothing like this in my experience. I reserved 5Thousand October 31, 2012, Chevrolet Makati, unit was delivered to me November 7, 2012 the day I fully paid in Manager's Check.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by yourman_2nd View Post
    sir, afaik, the 3% DI is add-on to your Bank Interest rate for the car loan. for example, your bank quoted you a rate of 10% rate for 3 years, then effectively, it would be 13% rate for 3 years. in monetary amount, your Bank Loan Officer can give this to you. just to give a sample: say the SRP of P1.7M for the 4x4, with 20% DP, the loan amount would be P 1,360,000. At 10% for 36 months, the monthly payment would be P41,555.56. But with the 3% DI, the rate would be 13% and the monthly payment would be P42,688.89 or a difference of P1,133.33 per month, at 36 months, that's 40,799.84 into the pocket of your SA and his Manager.
    They don't show it this way its their internal arrangement. What will be shown/presented is the effective rate down payment and monthly payment.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    [quote=Happyart;2061083]

I did not notice it at first because it was in small letter. Sorry "old" na hahaha
    \

ha ha. forgot to wear the reading glass

I already have a reservation- Greenhills, my target is Jan-Feb next year, hopefully medyo normal na situation by then.

The reason I asked re 3% DI is bec I kept on reading the same on this forum. I asked the bank manager earlier and it

seems that is the norm for financing, though she said the 3% can be negotiated. It is my belief that not only the SAs

benefited from this but the bank's rep as well. You're right that the reason we never take note of this is because it is

already integrated with the interest rate given by the bank.

BTW, metrobank gave me 15% for 36% mos.

*yourman_2nd, thanks for your inputs.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    tfort v trim will not really compete in fc with the tb and monty considering it is alltime 4wd. it will always be more thirsty

8. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Are you also interested in the Trailblazer? There is nothing like this in my experience. I reserved 5Thousand October 31, 2012, Chevrolet Makati, unit was delivered to me November 7, 2012 the day I fully paid in Manager's Check.
    I also made my reservation that same day, P5K

9. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    [QUOTE=inov8;2061113]
    \

ha ha. forgot to wear the reading glass

I already have a reservation- Greenhills, my target is Jan-Feb next year, hopefully medyo normal na situation by then.

The reason I asked re 3% DI is bec I kept on reading the same on this forum. I asked the bank manager earlier and it

seems that is the norm for financing, though she said the 3% can be negotiated. It is my belief that not only the SAs

benefited from this but the bank's rep as well. You're right that the reason we never take note of this is because it is

already integrated with the interest rate given by the bank.

BTW, metrobank gave me 15% for 36% mos.

*yourman_2nd, thanks for your inputs.
    Maybe the reason you have been reading it in this forum because the dealers give allocation priority to in-house financing buyers than the others. It is understandable because many (bank, dealer/SA/Insurance representatives, accessories suppliers, etc) will benefit from the commissions. Legal din naman ang commissions.

When the supply of the units is enough hahabulin na ang buyers ng mga SA. Hope you will have your unit next year!

10. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by truckster View Post
    tfort v trim will not really compete in fc with the tb and monty considering it is all-time 4wd. it will always be more thirsty
    You are right sir. We cannot directly compare FC for these brands since the specification is different. My thought is that normally in our road systems (asphalt, concrete, gravel), we don't need a four wheel drive. The four wheel drive is only needed off-road like grassland, sand, loose soil, etc. My feeling is that we don't need an all-time four wheel drive as it will only add to fuel consumption. The TBZ LTZ is drive normally 4x2 (rear wheel drive) but when needed can be electronically shifted by a knob to 4x4, even when driving at 120km/hr. In the owners manual of TBZ it is not recommended to shift to 4x4 on paved roads. Maybe in the sand dunes of Ilocos we can shift to 4x4.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by truckster View Post
    tfort v trim will not really compete in fc with the tb and monty considering it is all-time 4wd. it will always be more thirsty
    You are right sir. We cannot directly compare FC for these brands since the specification is different. My thought is that normally in our road systems (asphalt, concrete, gravel), we don't need a four wheel drive. The four wheel drive is only needed off-road like grassland, sand, loose soil, etc. My feeling is that we don't need an all-time four wheel drive as it will only add to fuel consumption. The TBZ LTZ is drive normally 4x2 (rear wheel drive) but when needed can be electronically shifted by a knob to 4x4, even when driving at 120km/hr. In the owners manual of TBZ it is not recommended to shift to 4x4 on paved roads. Maybe in the sand dunes of Ilocos we can shift to 4x4.

2012 Chevrolet Trailblazer