New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 122 of 442 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 4415
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by albert_b View Post
    First off, I think this topic is better off on the comparo threads.

Anyways, let me give it a stab:

1. Sedan or SUV. - Let throw a few questions back at you: Do you really need a 7-seater? Will you be hauling stuff like multiple bikes or other kinds of cargo? Are you more of a speed and handling kind of guy?

2. Fuel consumption - Cruze wins this. Obviously.

3. Cost of ownership - Well, it boils down to diesel vs gasoline. Honestly, I find gasoline vehicles easier and cheaper to maintain. But I would also tell you that given the same torture test, the diesel engine would come out tougher.

If you're confused, write down all the features you like on each of the cars and just rank them all. Personally, I'm really a practical person so for me it just boils down on what you need and since I need space, I'd go with a 7-seater SUV.
    sir albert, diesel yung cruze

i agree with these. it will base on your requirements. magkaibang magkaiba yan. mas bagay ang sedan for personal use. pag family naman, kahit 4-5 members in a family mas bagay ang SUV

cost of ownership since the same diesel, i think sedan will be cheaper. insurance pa lang e

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    sir albert, diesel yung cruze ...
    Aaaw I read too fast, it's the 2.0 LT diesel Cruze pala! Thanks *dct for pointing that out :-D

Here are some parameters you may use to weigh the 2 vehicles

sitting capacity
    hauling capability
    manual or automatic
    ride height
    driving dynamics
    fuel economy
    size

3. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by albert_b View Post
    First off, I think this topic is better off on the comparo threads.

Anyways, let me give it a stab:

1. Sedan or SUV. - Let throw a few questions back at you: Do you really need a 7-seater? Will you be hauling stuff like multiple bikes or other kinds of cargo? Are you more of a speed and handling kind of guy?

2. Fuel consumption - Cruze wins this. Obviously.

3. Cost of ownership - Well, it boils down to diesel vs gasoline. Honestly, I find gasoline vehicles easier and cheaper to maintain. But I would also tell you that given the same torture test, the diesel engine would come out tougher.

If you're confused, write down all the features you like on each of the cars and just rank them all. Personally, I'm really a practical person so for me it just boils down on what you need and since I need space, I'd go with a 7-seater SUV.
    i agree with these. it will base on your requirements. magkaibang magkaiba yan. mas bagay ang sedan for personal use. pag family naman, kahit 4-5 members in a family mas bagay ang SUV

cost of ownership since the same diesel, i think sedan will be cheaper. insurance pa lang e
    thanks for the quick reply,i don't usually haul large amounts of cargo but i really like going on out of town trips with the family and friends so the extra room of the trail would really come in handy from time to time. but most of the time i am at work and maybe at most and if really lucky the trips with friends and family happen once a month.

also one last question, would a chevy really be a recommended brand new car? since i live out here in the province (bicol), the schedule for the pms would really be a pain. and does chevy have any authorized "shops" outside for the pms, lets say for example like the good year servitek shops around.

thanks again guys, and sorry again if this is really OT

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedbuyer View Post
    ...would a chevy really be a recommended brand new car? since i live out here in the province (bicol), the schedule for the pms would really be a pain. and does chevy have any authorized "shops" outside for the pms, lets say for example like the good year servitek shops around

Yes, these 2 cars are really good, reliable vehicles.

The TrailB's PMS schedule has a 10,000 km intervel if you're using Fully Synthetic oil. Authorized non-casa shops? I doubt it. I don't think there would be any vehicle brand here in the Philippines that would openly say that you can go and opt for other talyers aside from their own and would still honor your warranty.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Somewhere in this thread mentioned that TrailB requires Dexos2 oil to have the PMS at 10K interval. Any idea how much is per liter for this oil and how many liters does 2.5L need? Trying to get a sense of PMS cost. Thx.

BTW, saw a white LTZ cruising in C5 yesterday and I was casing it for quite sometime going from behind and on the sides. The owner probably got suspicious and zoomed away like hell hahaha. Sorry didn't mean to scare you. But the ride looks really stable compared to the other "popular" SUV next to it.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by funblazer View Post
    Somewhere in this thread mentioned that TrailB requires Dexos2 oil to have the PMS at 10K interval.Any idea how much is per liter for this oil and how many liters does 2.5L need? Trying to get a sense of PMS cost. Thx.

BTW, saw a white LTZ cruising in C5 yesterday and I was casing it for quite sometime going from behind and on the sides. The owner probably got suspicious and zoomed away like hell hahaha. Sorry didn't mean to scare you.But the ride looks really stable compared to the other "popular" SUV next to it.
    For the 1st bolded statement, it costs 800 pesos a liter. I don't know about the 2.5L, but the 2.8L needs 7L of engine oil, so the 2.5L might need around 5-6.5L of engine oil.

For the 2nd bolded statement, I completely agree with this. Ride is tens of miles ahead from its competitors, especially with.....

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by funblazer View Post
    Somewhere in this thread mentioned that TrailB requires Dexos2 oil to have the PMS at 10K interval. Any idea how much is per liter for this oil and how many liters does 2.5L need? Trying to get a sense of PMS cost. Thx.

BTW, saw a white LTZ cruising in C5 yesterday and I was casing it for quite sometime going from behind and on the sides. The owner probably got suspicious and zoomed away like hell hahaha. Sorry didn't mean to scare you. But the ride looks really stable compared to the other "popular" SUV next to it.
    Dexos2 is what chevy recommend, what if it is not available? you can go to any brand as long as it falls under the specs like 5W30 or 5W40 , one brand that is readily available is Helix (P560/Ltr) fully synthetic, anyway malayo pa naman ang PMS date.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Mr. Bong Barrameda (left), author of Pinoy Trivia Ü

src: Topgear FB

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by RTS View Post
    Dexos2 is what chevy recommend, what if it is not available? you can go to any brand as long as it falls under the specs like 5W30 or 5W40 , one brand that is readily available is Helix (P560/Ltr) fully synthetic, anyway malayo pa naman ang PMS date.
    Chevy is strict when it comes to dexos 2 oil. Araw nila gumamit tayo ng ibang oil aside from dexos 2. They made sure na may stocks lagi kaya by bulk ang order nila. Pag gumamit tayo ng ibang oil aside from dexos 2, every 5,000 kms ang PMS interval

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by RTS View Post
    Thanks, apparently there are plenty of choices, hopefully Chevy would allow to use any of these since they licensed it anyway.
    GM dexos information center

2012 Chevrolet Trailblazer