New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 93 of 442 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Looking at the specs on Chevy Philippines' website. I noticed that it mentions the cargo cover as standard for both the LT and LTZ trims.

I also read from the specs that the steering mounted controls for the radio is standard across all trim levels?

Edit:
    borrowing *steer's photo, there's obviously no steering mount controls in the LT
    Last edited by albert_b; October 29th, 2012 at 01:28 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Hi,
    Lemon in our deal with chevy (North Edsa)
    Last Oct.24, 2012 we rolled out the Borown TLBZ 4 x 4 from the dealers, lumalabas na the unit cost us P 1,803,000 kasi the reservation of Php 20,000 my wife paid was not deducted.
    So I called the SA sabi ko bakit hindi nadeduct yung P 20K na reservation my wife paid for last Oct.19, to our surprise & dismayed sabi ng SA na talaga daw na hindi idededuct yun, para bang lumalabas na "grease money" for the unit na kinuha namin. Sabi ko it was never mentioned or discuss that ganoon ang purpose noon. Sabi ko look ,this is not our first brand new car, siguro hindi ka pa pinapanganak bumibili na kami ng brand new unit, talaga daw hindi pwede i-deduct in fact he mentioned na even the owner of the casa knew that scheme, & it applies to Colorado & TBLZ, We feel that we were short changed,of the deal. I checked the OR of the P 20K deposit & it is clearly stated as reservation.
    FOR THOSE PLANNING TO BUY THIS MODELS COLORADO & TRLBZR ORADO & TBLZR ensure that your reservation OR may roon clear remarks na it will be deducted to total cost of the unit. Okey lang siguro ko kung it was discussed to us in a professional manner, we will not feel any bitterness .

Tell me , is this a normal practises by the dealers ? na kung gusto mo ng popular unit you must fall to this pit.
    Thanks for any inputs.......RTS

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Napaka underhanded namang business practice yan. I agree, if hindi deductible yan then kanino napunta, kasi greesemoney nga ang labas talaga. Buti kung you had the most pleasant customer service in the world for that amount of money. I suggest sir you go straight to the owner na and verify with him the SA's claim na iyon nga ang business practice nila, robbing customers. Iiwasan ko na talaga yang dealer na yan even if they returned your money sir.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Hi, RTS again my updates regarding the 4x4.
    Last saturday nag trial run kami from kalookan - tagaytay-kaloocan, passengers 5 adults & i kid, even wala pang owner's manual kapa kapa lang it turn out a smooth & safe drive.
    consumption as per built in datas- 13.2 km/ ltrs , traffic not so heavy.
    " " " 13.5 ltrs/ 100 km
    Hill assisted control - not sure if its on, kind of slow ( im not sure what botton to set
    Reverse uphill - automatic syang nag i-engage as per monitor indication
    Lesser noise or engine vibration compare sa montero
    my daughters observation malakas ang sound ng signal light if turning right or left ( but I like it para hindi makalimutan)
    Notice that parang walang burglar alarm yung unit, 2nd row seat folding lock stuck up, kay mahirap pumasok sa third row seat sa ledft side. Ibabalik ko sa casa after this holiday na lang. Sound system very good even walang after market upgrade ( para sa matatandang kagaya ko).
    Marami pang mga bottons na hindi ko pa kabisado, waiting for the owner's manual, kailan kaya????

RTS

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by RTS View Post
    Hi,
    Lemon in our deal with chevy (North Edsa)
    Last Oct.24, 2012 we rolled out the Borown TLBZ 4 x 4 from the dealers, lumalabas na the unit cost us P 1,803,000 kasi the reservation of Php 20,000 my wife paid was not deducted.
    So I called the SA sabi ko bakit hindi nadeduct yung P 20K na reservation my wife paid for last Oct.19, to our surprise & dismayed sabi ng SA na talaga daw na hindi idededuct yun, para bang lumalabas na "grease money" for the unit na kinuha namin. Sabi ko it was never mentioned or discuss that ganoon ang purpose noon. Sabi ko look ,this is not our first brand new car, siguro hindi ka pa pinapanganak bumibili na kami ng brand new unit, talaga daw hindi pwede i-deduct in fact he mentioned na even the owner of the casa knew that scheme, & it applies to Colorado & TBLZ, We feel that we were short changed,of the deal. I checked the OR of the P 20K deposit & it is clearly stated as reservation.
    FOR THOSE PLANNING TO BUY THIS MODELS COLORADO & TRLBZR ORADO & TBLZR ensure that your reservation OR may roon clear remarks na it will be deducted to total cost of the unit. Okey lang siguro ko kung it was discussed to us in a professional manner, we will not feel any bitterness .

Tell me , is this a normal practises by the dealers ? na kung gusto mo ng popular unit you must fall to this pit.
    Thanks for any inputs.......RTS

This does not sound good, I think you can make a formal complaint and recover your money right away, and in case the dealer would not give in, you can involve a lawyer and sue them for bigger amount. Reservation is always deductable from total payment unless specifically mentioned otherwise.

Let me share my own experience, I went to several branches na (Chevy Pasig, Edsa Greenhills, North Edsa, and as far as Chevy Alabang) in search of good deals or just available units. Yung Chevy Alabang, even though its far, the SA I was talking to scheduled a test drive for me and also promised that even for cash payment, I can already take the Blue display 4x4 TBZ. So after travelling far to get there, here's what they say:
    1. There is no more test drive unit, it was already taken by another buyer.
    2. The SA I met there (different from SA who kept texting me) said "Sir, marami na kaming tinanggihan na cash buyer, apat na. Kaya mas maganda mag-in-house financing na lang kayo to get the display unit."
    3. The pre-agreed +P60k for media accessories is now +P120k on top of car price!
    4. They kept asking me to put down a reservation of P20k para daw ma-prioritize sa next shipment. I said sorry, I don't deal that way. I'm willing to wait and get the earliest available cash deal kahit saang branch.

So cut the long story short, I felt disappointed that:
    1. So many "pre-communicated offers by the SA via text" are not honored when I went there personally to actually buy the unit.
    2. They keep insisting/pushing for in-house financing, at a rate of 30% for 36 months. I wanted to pay in cash, and even if I loan it from my bank, it's only 15% for 36 months.
    3. The promise of test drive is just a come-on so that you will go to their branch kahit malayo. By the way, Chevy Pasig also did the same where they promised a test drive for me, when I got there, they say "Sir, wala kaming test drive for buyers." They don't care if you wasted time and fuel to go there, they just want you to reserve (and suffer the consequences later on pag di ka maingat). And for me, it's really important to test drive it first.
    4. North Edsa, same story, we agreed a schedule that I will go there so I can see the 4x4 TBZ (first time). When I got there, the SA simply said, "Ahhh, ehhh, sir, nakuha na nung isang buyer. Mag-reserve na kayo sir para prioritize." Another promise. Another timewaster and gaswaster!

But not all is bad. I personally find Chevy Greenhills to be reliable in what they say and promise. And I got text update when the 4x4 TBZ is already there. So good experience so far with them.

Pero for now, I'll just wait for supply to normalize. Masyadong opportunistic right now yung situation with buying TBZ. At least most of the dealers/SAs I have spoken to so far (but not all).

In my opinion, the brand itself and the car model (TBZ) is really good. But some dealers/SAs are simply resorting to bad selling tactics! They don't need to do that. Good car specs and quality, plus professional (honest and reliable) selling approach is the best way still.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ano727 View Post
    This does not sound good, I think you can make a formal complaint and recover your money right away, and in case the dealer would not give in, you can involve a lawyer and sue them for bigger amount. Reservation is always deductable from total payment unless specifically mentioned otherwise.

Let me share my own experience, I went to several branches na (Chevy Pasig, Edsa Greenhills, North Edsa, and as far as Chevy Alabang) in search of good deals or just available units. Yung Chevy Alabang, even though its far, the SA I was talking to scheduled a test drive for me and also promised that even for cash payment, I can already take the Blue display 4x4 TBZ. So after travelling far to get there, here's what they say:
    1. There is no more test drive unit, it was already taken by another buyer.
    2. The SA I met there (different from SA who kept texting me) said "Sir, marami na kaming tinanggihan na cash buyer, apat na. Kaya mas maganda mag-in-house financing na lang kayo to get the display unit."
    3. The pre-agreed +P60k for media accessories is now +P120k on top of car price!
    4. They kept asking me to put down a reservation of P20k para daw ma-prioritize sa next shipment. I said sorry, I don't deal that way. I'm willing to wait and get the earliest available cash deal kahit saang branch.

So cut the long story short, I felt disappointed that:
    1. So many "pre-communicated offers by the SA via text" are not honored when I went there personally to actually buy the unit.
    2. They keep insisting/pushing for in-house financing, at a rate of 30% for 36 months. I wanted to pay in cash, and even if I loan it from my bank, it's only 15% for 36 months.
    3. The promise of test drive is just a come-on so that you will go to their branch kahit malayo. By the way, Chevy Pasig also did the same where they promised a test drive for me, when I got there, they say "Sir, wala kaming test drive for buyers." They don't care if you wasted time and fuel to go there, they just want you to reserve (and suffer the consequences later on pag di ka maingat). And for me, it's really important to test drive it first.
    4. North Edsa, same story, we agreed a schedule that I will go there so I can see the 4x4 TBZ (first time). When I got there, the SA simply said, "Ahhh, ehhh, sir, nakuha na nung isang buyer. Mag-reserve na kayo sir para prioritize." Another promise. Another timewaster and gaswaster!

But not all is bad. I personally find Chevy Greenhills to be reliable in what they say and promise. And I got text update when the 4x4 TBZ is already there. So good experience so far with them.

Pero for now, I'll just wait for supply to normalize. Masyadong opportunistic right now yung situation with buying TBZ. At least most of the dealers/SAs I have spoken to so far (but not all).

In my opinion, the brand itself and the car model (TBZ) is really good. But some dealers/SAs are simply resorting to bad selling tactics! They don't need to do that. Good car specs and quality, plus professional (honest and reliable) selling approach is the best way still.

* ano727

For me & my wife if the P 20K is a sort of grease money, & was discussed to us from the start, siguro we will be amenable to the set up , but it was done with a streak of deception kaya we feel the bitterness.
    Gusto ko to talk it over with the owner & hear from him if he really have the blessing of this practice.
    My daughter who is a lawyer, sabi nya wala daw sa OR remarks na the P 20K is deductable to the total amount ng unit kaya partly they can stck to the SA claim, which I totally don't buy her answer.

RTS

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Agree sir ... it's the underhandedness of the transaction that turns me off.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by albert_b View Post
    Agree sir ... it's the underhandedness of the transaction that turns me off.
    You were asking before about my LTO registration, it was stressed to us by the SA na sa Jan. 2013 na yung unit namin kaya they issued thick purchase receipt ba yun na I need to replace the existing superseded date.

RTS

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Sales invoice yun sir. You're allowed to travel without registration stickers and plates for about a week from purchase. That's why you throw out the old ones as the week pass.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    RTS,

I was able to deduct my reservation fee upon payment.

This is how my transaction went:

Sept. 28, 2012
    Check out the dispaly unit at Chevrolet Makati.

Sept. 29, 2012
    Was going to pay P20,000 reservation fee via credit card pero hindi nila ma process so I just paid reservation fee of P5,000 in cash.

Sept. 30, 2012
    Checked out if tint was installed properly.

Oct. 1, 2012
    Paid the full amount of unit and insurance minus reservation fee and took the KING home.

Smooth transaction with Emma of Chevrolet Makati.

2012 Chevrolet Trailblazer