New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 75 of 442 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by thebest View Post
    how are the safety features of trail blazer? I heard from a source that the reason the fortunner is half the price of toyota Pardo is because it comprised safety. The fortunner will probably not pass the crash test in USA. In this case the new trail blazer body is still not available in the USA? I'm just wondering if the low price of trailblazer may have compromised safety? Take note both fortuners and trailblazers are made in Thailand. Any inputs?
    "You get what you pay for."

One can't expect Prado quality on a Fortuner price.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by AnOnymousNewbie View Post
    I'm new... tanong ko lng po sa mga expert / experienced dyan. . Good idea ba na bumili ng TB agad? or wait for some improvements or upgrades for those cited issues? (if there's any..) First Ride ng pamilya.. and i'm tasked to do the research. just want to know your inputs. . thanks..
    If it's needed right away, i think TB would be the best choice on its class.

If you can wait a while, then it wouldn't hurt to wait a few more months for more data and user feedback.

it is still advisable for you and your family to test drive the units, to each his/ her own.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    Bro steer, bacause of your statement, ikaw na ang next target ni OB. Hahahaha!!!
    Hehehe...

Totoo namang ecstatic ako sa Trailblazer.

If later on may mga issues tayong madiscover and we think we made a mistake on purchasing the TB. So what? It was our money to spend.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by steer View Post
    Hehehe...

Totoo namang ecstatic ako sa Trailblazer.

If later on may mga issues tayong madiscover and we think we made a mistake on purchasing the TB. So what? It was our money to spend.
    If may mga issues, mauuna pa ang mga Thai na makakadiscover. Kaya dapat i-monitor natin ang website ng Thai Trailblazer Club.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by thebest View Post
    how are the safety features of trail blazer? I heard from a source that the reason the fortunner is half the price of toyota Pardo is because it comprised safety. The fortunner will probably not pass the crash test in USA. In this case the new trail blazer body is still not available in the USA? I'm just wondering if the low price of trailblazer may have compromised safety? Take note both fortuners and trailblazers are made in Thailand. Any inputs?
    2 airbags is enough. And the Trailblazer has Electronic Stability Control, Traction Control System, Hydraulic Brake Assist, Panic Brake Assist, Cornering Brake Control.

And also, the Trailblazer and its pick up brother Colorado got a 5-star safety rating from ANCAP (Australia New Car Assessment Program) which uses the standards of the Euro NCAP.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    2 airbags is enough. And the Trailblazer has Electronic Stability Control, Traction Control System, Hydraulic Brake Assist, Panic Brake Assist, Cornering Brake Control.

And also, the Trailblazer and its pick up brother Colorado got a 5-star safety rating from ANCAP (Australia New Car Assessment Program) which uses the standards of the Euro NCAP.
    Thanks looks like the tb is the best in its class!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    The only things that needed to be upgraded sa Trailblazer are its stock radio and its headlamp, which you can buy either sa casa or sa mga accessories shops. So yeah, you can buy the Trailblazer na. *steer is happy with his Trailblazer.

Question lang, do you want a 4x4 or a 4x2? A/T or M/T?
    Right now seems like M/T lng ang available sa 4x2. . Hoping to see the A/T version on the 4x2, but i guess it will take sometime. . If budget permits 4x4 would be so much better with those added features. . But the price seems a bit of a reach for us.. I'm really looking forward to see the actual TB here in Cebu. . Thanks..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by albert_b View Post
    Those cited are not really critical concerns. More of personal preference. Numbah may not like the audio quality pero baka pasado na siya sa yo. Ako I dont like the smallish rims of the LT variant pero baka ok naman na sa yo. So it is all a matter of taste.
    Very good point.. I guess this will all come down to seeing it first hand and of course the test drive. . Resale value then siguro is a factor.. but hey, positive thinking lang ok nah..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by steer View Post
    If it's needed right away, i think TB would be the best choice on its class.

If you can wait a while, then it wouldn't hurt to wait a few more months for more data and user feedback.

it is still advisable for you and your family to test drive the units, to each his/ her own.
    Thanks Steer... I'll be following this thread for any insights from owners like you.. Of course I'm taking it from you.. Ecstatic nga ehh.. so highly anticipated ko ang TB.. before Fortu or Monty.. Now seems there overshadowed sa mindset ko.. hehehe

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by AnOnymousNewbie View Post
    Right now seems like M/T lng ang available sa 4x2. . Hoping to see the A/T version on the 4x2, but i guess it will take sometime. . If budget permits 4x4 would be so much better with those added features. . But the price seems a bit of a reach for us.. I'm really looking forward to see the actual TB here in Cebu. . Thanks..
    Magkakaroon ng 4x2 A/T either 1Q or 2Q of 2013. You will like it because it will be using the 2.8L engine of the LTZ 4x4

2012 Chevrolet Trailblazer