New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 71 of 442 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    Just came home from Chevrolet North EDSA's anniv. They let me test drive the White LTZ Trailblazer of TCCCI. Here are my thoughts (I'm comparing it to my Montero Sport):

- Ride is the best in its class, miles ahead from the ride of the Montero Sport and tens of miles ahead from the ride of the Fortuner, and my friend confirmed it because he sat on the 2nd row and during the final leg of the test drive, at the 3rd row. He already sat on the 2nd and 3rd row of my Montero Sport. In short the ride was comparable to the ride of our Gen. 2 Expedition.

- The 2.8L Duramax Diesel is also the most powerful in its class, not just on paper, but also in actual. You could feel some negative G-forces when you floor the accelerator pedal. But there is some turbo lag at speeds below 40 kph and when the RPM is around 1,000-1,400 RPM, but not as prominent as the turbo lag of the non VGT 2.5 DI-D of the Montero Sport and Strada. Definitely more powerful than my 3.2 Montero Sport GLS SE

- The stock HU only produces decent SQ, but you can barely hear the sounds when the volume is below 20. That's where those decent China brand DVD/GPS/TV HUs and the branded ones come into place. Also, it has 4 tweeters and 4 coaxial speakers. SQ is a bit better than that of the Montero Sport and Fortuner.

- When your phone is connected to the stock HU via Bluetooth, you cannot play your phone's music thru the stock HU. It's only for calling and answering calls. (The stock JVC HU of Montero Sport allows me to play music from my phone via Bluetooth)

- You can program the speed limit warning to any speed. I programmed the test drive unit's speed limit warning to 60 kph, and when I exceeded 60 kph, the Trailblazer emits a warning buzzer.

- There's also a seatbelt warning buzzer if you're not wearing a seatbelt.

- Engine is not that noisy like what the Thai reviewers were saying. I'd say my Montero Sport's 3.2 engine is a lot noisier than the Trailblazer's 2.8 engine. But the 3.0 engine of the Fortuner is a lot quieter than the Trailblazer's 2.8 engine.

- There is no wind noise that the Thai reviewers were also saying. I was speeding at 100 kph and I didn't hear any wind noise.

- Brakes is a bit stronger than the brakes of the Montero Sport with rear disc brakes

- Steering is lighter than the steering of the Montero Sport.

- Stock headlamp uses projector halogen bulbs, but the light output is comparable to the light output of the projector halogen bulbs of the Montero Sport and Gen. 1.5 Fortuner. (You need to install a plug and play HID to have a better illumination)

Route of the test drive is Chevy North EDSA- southbound u turn slot near Monumento- northbound u turn slot after LRT Roosevelt Station-Chevy North EDSA. Road surface is concrete with some potholes.
    ano pa... Bili na! Hahaha

Emmy of CheVy Makati and Vicky of Chevy Otis, pleasant kausap.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by steer View Post

Also Mike of Chevy Greenhills-EDSA, highly recommended. Steer nakareserve na kami since September sa Chevy Greenhills

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004

Also Mike of Chevy Greenhills-EDSA, highly recommended. Steer nakareserve na kami since September sa Chevy Greenhills
    Kung pleasantness lang din naman ... si Michelle of C5 :-D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by albert_b View Post
    Kung pleasantness lang din naman ... si Michelle of C5 :-D
    Pleasing personality?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Kaunting kiliti nalang at ibibigay din nila yang display units.

Kapag nakuha mo na unit mo and you decide to get some accessories or upgrades. chat me up, baka type ko din and we may be able to get discount for two. Thanks.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Make that three sir Ü
    Gusto ko nga rin magpafabricate para dun sa gap sa likod eh, between the rear of the third row and the hatch door. Para maging flat and extra storage na din.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Kaunting kiliti nalang at ibibigay din nila yang display units.

Kapag nakuha mo na unit mo and you decide to get some accessories or upgrades. chat me up, baka type ko din and we may be able to get discount for two. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by albert_b View Post
    Make that three sir Ü
    Gusto ko nga rin magpafabricate para dun sa gap sa likod eh, between the rear of the third row and the hatch door. Para maging flat and extra storage na din.
    Upgrade HU kaagad ako. Sa casa ko na lang kukunin. Chevy GH ang may pinakamurang DVD/GPS/TV HU with panel conversion. P45k as opposed to the P62k of Juno Cars Group and P60k of Chevy North EDSA. Yung sa Chevy GH, yun din ang nakakabit sa Chevy Traverse.

Kung sino gustong sumabay sa akin sa HU upgrade ko, sabihan niyo ako para makakuha tayo ng group discount sa casa.
    Last edited by numbah5; October 20th, 2012 at 07:31 PM.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Interesting to know that TCCCI has retained the Dynamic Driving Technology (DDT) specs that include Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Dynamic Brake Distribution (DBD), Traction Control (TC), Hydraulic Brake Assist (HBA), Panic Brake Assist (PBA), Electronic Stability Control (ESC), Engine Drag Control (EDC), Cornering Brake Control (CBC), Hydraulic Brake Fade Assist (HBFA), Hill Descent Control (HDC) and Hill Start Assist (HAS). Definitely first in my wishlist.

Chevrolet Philippines - 10 Things To Love About the Trailblazer
    Chevrolet Philippines - Specifications
    http://chevy.com.ph/images/brochures...-brochure1.pdf

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Siguro it depends, for me it was just right. There was still headroom and legroom was ok, there was room to put my foot in and most importantly I can sit straight. Di ako payat and Im 5'9"

10. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    With the picture as evidence, that's not hard to believe Sir Albert given your height and built. That would even mean more legroom and space for average sized Filipinos or Asains.

2012 Chevrolet Trailblazer